Cocoa

Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss all things Robert
Twinkle Kaye
Settled in Forks

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by Twinkle Kaye »

you know, it was hard to think of him at first. but once i read the complete series, and read twilight again, i realized that he was going to portray edward well. it feels like i've watched every single thing online about rob, twilight, stephanie, the movie, etc. and when i read the books i realized that the only one who knows what edward is like, is bella, and well, yes of course stephanie. love is blind, as we can all attest to that concept. bella sees edward the way she wants to see him. as 'in love' as we all are with the families of twilight, we do not know everything. of course everyone notices different things about the ones we love. for instance, my exboyfriend was the only one to ever notice how i pop my jaws when i'm nervous, or that my eyes are actually grey instead of green, or that i never laughed the same way twice. he was the only one who ever pointed these things out to me. and bella/stephanie are pointing things out about edward that she sees as important. the 'crooked little smile' that is so infamous for example. we all choose what we want to notice or see in someone. and apparently rob has the qualities that stephanie and the casting directors saw in edward.
Nikkinik
Settled in Forks

Post by Nikkinik »

When I first heard that Robert Pattinson was going to play Edward, I just said, "Ehh, it could work." But once I saw him in his Edward hair and make-up, I fell in love. :mrgreen: I think he looks so much like an Edward. I never really had a distinct visual picture of him as I was reading, but now I do! I think he's perfect, and I love his accent. *dies* :D
It's a webshow! About Twilight! Check r4t5.com for show times! www.ustream.tv/channel/nikkinik%21
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

He is so Edward to me. He looks very much like the Character I had in my head when I first read the books and I think he will do a wonderful job!
jmeln
Settled in Forks

Post by jmeln »

I have to admit that when I first saw that Rob was going to play Edward, I didn't think I'd like it. I pictured Edward SOOO differently! But, when I watched the first trailer, I thought, "hmm...I think this guy will work." And as I've watched everything Rob and Twilight, and I've watched and rewatched the 2nd trailer for the movie, I absolutely ADORE Rob Pattinson! I think he'll be the best Edward! I just can't wait for the movie!! :mrgreen:
betonalice
Settled in Forks

Post by betonalice »

I was one of those who was all for Rob right at the start. My first love was Harry Potter, and I adored him as Cedric. I think it was only natural, with Stephenie's description of Edward in the book, that it was Rob's face I saw immediately. So he literally has been my Edward from the very beginning.

I think he's perfect. After watching The Haunted Airman, he can say so much with just a look, it's just incredible. I can't wait to see it!
Laura
Potterholic with Twilight Addiction--who says you can't love both?

G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

betonalice wrote:I was one of those who was all for Rob right at the start. My first love was Harry Potter, and I adored him as Cedric.

Same here!!! :D Actually, seeing Robert in a preview for the movie made me start reading the books. So, thank you Robert Pattinson!!!
Stormy
Settled in Forks

Post by Stormy »

I am very pleased with Rob as Edward. His face is gorgeous! :roll:

I can't help from imagining the characters from the movie when I read the Twilight books now. I used to have my own versions of them, but now the characters are set and I like them all!
And then we continued blissfully into this small but perfect piece of our forever.
The end.
spagirlval
Settled in Forks

Post by spagirlval »

Stormy wrote:I am very pleased with Rob as Edward. His face is gorgeous! :roll:

I can't help from imagining the characters from the movie when I read the Twilight books now. I used to have my own versions of them, but now the characters are set and I like them all!
Me too. Though I think I kinda had a picture of Rob in my mind, I had seen him on SM blog soon after he was cast, but that was way before I read Twilight, and kinda forgot about him till after reading all 3.
[
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

I was indifferent about him at first. I didn't hate him, but I didn't love him either.

Now that I've seen him in character, though I have to say that he is definitely the guy that I would chosen to play a role as difficult as Edward. He's an awesome actor who seems like he's got a hold of it and is extremely dedicated to this role.

What more could we ask for?