Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by Amethyst1 »

he is edward cullen.
i think he will do the most amazing job ever and rob pattinson will be a huge star. whoo!
i love him in the trailers. ahhh, he looks so edward-ish i just want to die.
Edward-is-my-never
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward-is-my-never »

i read twilight when it came out and i didnt think it was going to be a movie but i went online and casted all the characters by how they fit my image. so when rob was casted as edward i was deeply disappointed with it...actually i was disappointed with the whole cast except the actors playing emmett and james. But after seeing the chemistry between Rob and Kristen on screen i think that ill be able to ignore the look of rob and concentrate more on the story itself so that i can enjoy the movie. and though ive sort of accepted the cast...i still have trouble agreeing that rob is the perfect edward. I seriously wanted gaspard to play him...*sigh* o well ill get over it
kay i think im done venting now...
i guess i just wished my vision would match to the cast because im going to hate losing my vision after watching the movie ( happens everytime)
-M
i have O.C.D {obsessive cullen disorder}
Seasons are changing,
And waves are crashing,
And stars are falling all for us.
-- red jumpsuit apparatus

Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

i never understand why people say gaspard would be a better Edward, when i think of Gaspard i think back to Hannibal Rising, and sure that was a brilliant film imo but i dont see him as Edward at all. but each to their own, i am more than happy about Rob being cast as Edward, he is an amazing actor who is capable of so much, i cant wait to see the film :D
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
somnium
Settled in Forks

Post by somnium »

When Robert was first cast i really couldn't see him as Edward Cullen (but then i didn't really have an exact image of Edward) but I was sure he'd do a good job in the movie and was happy that they picked him rather than someone who looked absolutely nothing like Edward... as filming went on he kind of grew on me after seeing all kinds of behind the scenes videos on YouTube and then i saw the first ever clip and got super excited about the movie and by this time i was in love with Robert and thought he was great as Edward... then came the trailer and O M G!!

I fell in love with Edward Cullen all over again.

Robert was AMAZING and he had me hyperventilating every time i watched the trailers and now i can't imagine anyone else playing Edward Cullen and when i read the books i always see him as Edward.

I love you Spunk Ransom
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

I think he will do an amazing job, just by looking at the trailers, and behind the scene's stuff, he looks like he plays the role perfectly! And he's also very hot! Lol
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

To be honest at first I was so mad that they casted Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen. I was all "they can't have Cedric Diggory as Edward"! It would just be too weird. I kept thinking that I might get confused half way through the movie and think that Cedric never really died he just became one of the undead known as Edward Cullen. However, now that I've watched the trailers and seen him in costume I don't really mind and think that he will do an amazing job. :D
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

like everyone else, i have my own Edward in my head whenever i read the books. but when the cast was announced for the movie, and Rob as Edward, i had to check him out. at first i was like, "hmm.. okay, not bad". and then Stephenie Meyer mentioned that she actually agreed on the casting, and that Rob is exactly how she pictured Edward when she wrote the books. i can't deny her words, can i? i mean she wrote about them and she knows waaaay better about the characters more than anyone else. so i trust her words, and tried to picture Rob as Edward when i read Twilight. BOOM! Rob Pattinson is Edward. what more with the trailers and interviews, i am more and more convinced. the chiseled jaw, the messy bronze hair, the sharp features of his face, the voice, the height - Rob is Edward. oh, and his humour is a bonus point!

athough i was slightly disturbed by the way Rob looked in the Entertainment magazine. other than that, i'm just looking forward for the movie and i strongly believe that the whole cast and crew will not disappoint us.
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Ohmygod.
I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread before.
*slaps*

Anyways, uhm.
I could talk about Robert Pattinson for days. Weeks. Months. Years. Eternity.
I never get tired fo talking about him.

So like everyone here, I'm not afraid to admit that I was 'iffy' about him playing Edward. I mean, come on, I just read Twilight, my memory about Edward's gorgeousness was still fresh, and I honestly couldn't picture anyone who could do justice for this role. Then all of a sudden. BAM! I see this picture of Rob at SM's website, and at first I was like, 'Who is this?' I never hated the man for playing Edward, but I guess you could say that I was just overwhelmed, because this was the guy who is playing our lovely Edward. After watching more videos and interviews with him, I fell in love with him even more and when the first teaser came out--when Rob smiled that crooked smile, it hit me. HE WAS MY EDWARD. Crazy.

But anyways, even though I didn't know if he was fitting for the role of Edward in the beginning, I would never even consider to send hate mails to him. I mean, come on... I feel really bad everytime I watch interviews of Rob saying he would stop reading the hate mails he would receive, because for one, he doesn't deserve to be treated that way! He is an amazing, funny, down-to-earth guy, and when you see that there's more to him than his lovely hair and luscious lips *drools* that's when you finally get to realize that you love Robert Pattinson as Rob and not as Edward Cullen. I believe that other fangirls just love him now because he's playing Edward, but I for one can honestly say that I love him for him. He doesn't need to play Edward Cullen, but I do admit, that him being my favorite vampire is an icing on top of the cake.

My opinion might be a little biased, because I love Rob and all, but I couldn't care less. I'm so in love with him that I'm literally going insane. He will forever be the love of my life, and in my opinion, no one else could play Edward Cullen but him. He is personally my walking Edward. I think that if I ever realize that we're in the same room or something, I might collapse and die on the floor with just the thought of him being so close to me.

And speaking of Twilight... I have no idea how I'm gonna react when I see him on the big screen. Just the thought of it right now is giving me chills, and I haven't even seen the trailer at the movies yet, but come November 21, I might just die. Seeing his lovely toussled bronze hair, killer smile, lovely face, marvelous lips... whoa. Okay, I'm sorry. Rob is just an ultimate sexgod.

I would go on and on just talking about him, but okay, I'll let others share their opinions here. :D
I LOVE YOU ROBERT PATTINSON!
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

xoxocamille wrote:Ohmygod.
*slaps*

Anyways, uhm.

So like everyone here, I'm not afraid to admit that I was 'iffy' about him playing Edward. I mean, come on, I just read Twilight, my memory about Edward's gorgeousness was still fresh, and I honestly couldn't picture anyone who could do justice for this role. Then all of a sudden. BAM! I see this picture of Rob at SM's website, and at first I was like, 'Who is this?' I never hated the man for playing Edward, but I guess you could say that I was just overwhelmed, because this was the guy who is playing our lovely Edward. After watching more videos and interviews with him, I fell in love with him even more and when the first teaser came out--when Rob smiled that crooked smile, it hit me. HE WAS MY EDWARD. Crazy.

But anyways, even though I didn't know if he was fitting for the role of Edward in the beginning, I would never even consider to send hate mails to him. I mean, come on... I feel really bad everytime I watch interviews of Rob saying he would stop reading the hate mails he would receive, because for one, he doesn't deserve to be treated that way! He is an amazing, funny, down-to-earth guy, and when you see that there's more to him than his lovely hair and luscious lips *drools* that's when you finally get to realize that you love Robert Pattinson as Rob and not as Edward Cullen. I believe that other fangirls just love him now because he's playing Edward, but I for one can honestly say that I love him for him. He doesn't need to play Edward Cullen, but I do admit, that him being my favorite vampire is an icing on top of the cake.

My opinion might be a little biased, because I love Rob and all, but I couldn't care less. I'm so in love with him that I'm literally going insane. He will forever be the love of my life, and in my opinion, no one else could play Edward Cullen but him. He is personally my walking Edward. I think that if I ever realize that we're in the same room or something, I might collapse and die on the floor with just the thought of him being so close to me.

And speaking of Twilight... I have no idea how I'm gonna react when I see him on the big screen. Just the thought of it right now is giving me chills, and I haven't even seen the trailer at the movies yet, but come November 21, I might just die. Seeing his lovely toussled bronze hair, killer smile, lovely face, marvelous lips... whoa. Okay, I'm sorry. Rob is just an ultimate sexgod.

I would go on and on just talking about him, but okay, I'll let others share their opinions here. :D
i so totally agree, although i wasnt iffy over it, but i mean the only way to get "perfect" vampires would be to use CGI all over lol
i kind of get a little annoyed when people call him Edward- i want to start banging my head against a wall because he isnt Edward he is Rob, he is just playing Edward, i would love him in any role like in "the bad mothers handbook" i think he is adorable and, well his voice in "the haunted airman" is just wow, i am pretty much in love with him even though i have never met him lol, he never fails to bring a smile to my face
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

xoxocamille wrote:Ohmygod.
*slaps*

Anyways, uhm.

I agree with every single detail of your post... :oops: bwahahaha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...