Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by AgentCross »

One of the best moments of the Twilight Comic Con Panel was when Rob came out and was asked what he thought of his fans (Cue the 6000 girls to scream not stop for 40 mins.) He laughed and said " I don't know this is the first I've seen of them." lol.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I like Rob! I still worry sometimes... but overall I think he'll make a wonderful Edward. As long as he can embody the intensity and lovingness in one, he's got it down.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
edwardspet
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardspet »

I have been a Rob Pattinson fan since the debut of GOF. Visually, he can fit my mind's image of Edward. And, he can act. I am just anxious to see how he handles the later roles. After all, Rob Pattinson does not like children, and we do not need Alice to know what is in Edward's future. Hmmm.
heartscreams

Post by heartscreams »

AgentCross wrote:One of the best moments of the Twilight Comic Con Panel was when Rob came out and was asked what he thought of his fans (Cue the 6000 girls to scream not stop for 40 mins.) He laughed and said " I don't know this is the first I've seen of them." lol.
yea yea, i agree with you! and there were other moments like he was talking and suddenly someone in the crowd screamed, 'i love you rob' and he replied 'what?' with the stoned face, and also another one where he replied, 'thank you.'

it's just something about his reactions and jokes that really make you smile widely and laugh sometimes. he's just great with humour i guess.

i would really love to watch Bad Mother's Handbook and How To Be! Rob played two totally different roles, and i wanna see how he brings out a nerdy character and also a troubled-musician-like character. it'd be interesting to watch him playing a bad guy, like in Pineapple Express-kinda movie :)
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

you really should watch the bad mothers hand book
he is brilliant in it- so adorable really :D
he is such a diverse actor i loved him in "the haunted airman"
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Violi wrote:you really should watch the bad mothers hand book
he is brilliant in it- so adorable really :D
he is such a diverse actor i loved him in "the haunted airman"
i watched that. cutest geek ever, no?
he was, adorable in that. i know. gosh...his hair was pretty...nice? ahahaha, i love it though and the quirky glasses.

AgentCross - ahahahaha, i agree with you. he has the some of the funniest remarks. I loved it when that girl was like "CAUSE I WANT YOU BABY" and then his face was all red and wow....priceless. and then i also loved it when he was like "I JUST WANTED TO PLAY THE HOTTEST VAMPIRE IN THE WORLD" that was great too <333 - i love his accent <3
AgentCross

Post by AgentCross »

Yeah, at one point some girls scream "We love you Rob!" and in a deadpan voice he says "Good." So hilarious. :lol:
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

Violi wrote:
xoxocamille wrote:Ohmygod.
I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread before.
*slaps*

Anyways, uhm.
I could talk about Robert Pattinson for days. Weeks. Months. Years. Eternity.
I never get tired fo talking about him.

So like everyone here, I'm not afraid to admit that I was 'iffy' about him playing Edward. I mean, come on, I just read Twilight, my memory about Edward's gorgeousness was still fresh, and I honestly couldn't picture anyone who could do justice for this role. Then all of a sudden. BAM! I see this picture of Rob at SM's website, and at first I was like, 'Who is this?' I never hated the man for playing Edward, but I guess you could say that I was just overwhelmed, because this was the guy who is playing our lovely Edward. After watching more videos and interviews with him, I fell in love with him even more and when the first teaser came out--when Rob smiled that crooked smile, it hit me. HE WAS MY EDWARD. Crazy.

But anyways, even though I didn't know if he was fitting for the role of Edward in the beginning, I would never even consider to send hate mails to him. I mean, come on... I feel really bad everytime I watch interviews of Rob saying he would stop reading the hate mails he would receive, because for one, he doesn't deserve to be treated that way! He is an amazing, funny, down-to-earth guy, and when you see that there's more to him than his lovely hair and luscious lips *drools* that's when you finally get to realize that you love Robert Pattinson as Rob and not as Edward Cullen. I believe that other fangirls just love him now because he's playing Edward, but I for one can honestly say that I love him for him. He doesn't need to play Edward Cullen, but I do admit, that him being my favorite vampire is an icing on top of the cake.

My opinion might be a little biased, because I love Rob and all, but I couldn't care less. I'm so in love with him that I'm literally going insane. He will forever be the love of my life, and in my opinion, no one else could play Edward Cullen but him. He is personally my walking Edward. I think that if I ever realize that we're in the same room or something, I might collapse and die on the floor with just the thought of him being so close to me.

And speaking of Twilight... I have no idea how I'm gonna react when I see him on the big screen. Just the thought of it right now is giving me chills, and I haven't even seen the trailer at the movies yet, but come November 21, I might just die. Seeing his lovely toussled bronze hair, killer smile, lovely face, marvelous lips... whoa. Okay, I'm sorry. Rob is just an ultimate sexgod.

I would go on and on just talking about him, but okay, I'll let others share their opinions here. :D
I LOVE YOU ROBERT PATTINSON!
i so totally agree, although i wasnt iffy over it, but i mean the only way to get "perfect" vampires would be to use CGI all over lol
i kind of get a little annoyed when people call him Edward- i want to start banging my head against a wall because he isnt Edward he is Rob, he is just playing Edward, i would love him in any role like in "the bad mothers handbook" i think he is adorable and, well his voice in "the haunted airman" is just wow, i am pretty much in love with him even though i have never met him lol, he never fails to bring a smile to my face
I agree. :D
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
GottaLoveCullenx3
Settled in Forks

Post by GottaLoveCullenx3 »

Much like most people here, I was so angry at who they casted as Edward at first. I based it on just his appearance.

But after seeing both of the trailers and a bunch of behind-the-scenes videos, I saw that he is channeling Edward better than anybody could have done. He's so in character is amazing.

All in all, I love you Rob<3
AshleeTwilight8
Wandering Through Town

Post by AshleeTwilight8 »

I think Robert will do a fantastic job as Edward. I have been addicted to youtube watching the previews, trailers, and anything twilight over and over.
"Why am I covered in feathers?"- Bella Swan
"I bit a pillow or two"-Edward Cullen