Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight Shadow
Settled in Forks

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by Twilight Shadow »

I like Rob as Edward, but I don't whole-heartedly accept him as Edward. Rob is just missing that something that makes Edward ... well Edward in my opinion. Maybe it's just the look? The way I pictured Edward in my head just doesn't coincide. IDK it's just something that I can't put my finger on. It's weird I know, but who knows maybe it's just because I haven't seen the whole movie yet and I've just been watching bits and pieces. Don't get me wrong, I don't actually have someone in mind who would make a better Edward. Rob is a good choice, I'm not saying he's not.
"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

Here is the video where they talk about "Team Taylor thongs"
http://www.celebuzz.com/video-twilight- ... as-s45221/

And at the end of the clip they ask what Rob's favorite curse word is. The answer is here at 1:20:

http://www.celebuzz.com/video-curse-you-vmas-s45301/

He is too cute.

Oh and here he talks about the midnight sun leak a little bit:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/18609838c9bf9ca3/

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

Lynzeee wrote:I found this..

prepare to be dazzled.. alot

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QCME4qmvJuo/S ... 4%2529.jpg

oh his eyes..
oh my good giddy god. AHH!! sorry. i screamed when i saw that picture. holy crimeny. i would make it my laptop's wallpaper if that wouldn't be so intensely creepy. seriously. actually, i wouldn't mind being a creep but someone else might see it and then the secret would be out! i love him!

the whole sex hair look is just amazing. it's how i've always pictured edward's hair (does that say something about me...?) so it's just perfect. i think he'll make a wonderful edward and i really hope he doesn't let all the fame go to his head. that would be tragic.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

OK. I'm probably not going to make any friends with this, but here goes.

Lately, every time I hear Rob speak in an interview or see his photo out and about...
he looks sloppy and drunk or high and he doesn't seem to articulate or answer questions very well.

From time to time, he has funny, witty remarks but for the most part he looks likes he needs a bath. and some sleep. and food. and maybe a nice rehab facility.
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

ocd4edward wrote:From time to time, he has funny, witty remarks but for the most part he looks likes he needs a bath. and some sleep. and food. and maybe a nice rehab facility.
Nah, it's too early for rehab. If you read the last 3 pages we've commented on that too. The thing is being from the other side of the ocean myself, I do understand the "drinking culture" very well. We go out, have a couple of pints and have fun. BUT most of us have 9-5 jobs or school or whatever, when you are in Hollywood, you have a LOT of enablers, a lot of coke, X etc and I guess since he isn't working now he can sleep in.

I dunno man, I am worried but I think we are also over analyzing everything he does.

Okay I am contradicting myself a lot.

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

S_M_G wrote:
ocd4edward wrote:From time to time, he has funny, witty remarks but for the most part he looks likes he needs a bath. and some sleep. and food. and maybe a nice rehab facility.
Nah, it's too early for rehab. If you read the last 3 pages we've commented on that too. The thing is being from the other side of the ocean myself, I do understand the "drinking culture" very well. We go out, have a couple of pints and have fun. BUT most of us have 9-5 jobs or school or whatever, when you are in Hollywood, you have a LOT of enablers, a lot of coke, X etc and I guess since he isn't working now he can sleep in.

I dunno man, I am worried but I think we are also over analyzing everything he does.

Yea, you're probably right. I imagine if I'dv had a camera in my face every time I dragged my 22 year old a** in at 3am...
heartscreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartscreams »

S_M_G wrote:Here is the video where they talk about "Team Taylor thongs"
http://www.celebuzz.com/video-twilight- ... as-s45221/

And at the end of the clip they ask what Rob's favorite curse word is. The answer is here at 1:20:

http://www.celebuzz.com/video-curse-you-vmas-s45301/

He is too cute.

Oh and here he talks about the midnight sun leak a little bit:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/18609838c9bf9ca3/

the audio of Rob talking of midnight sun leak is a bit muffled. couldn't hear much. but thanks though! :)
ocd4edward wrote:
S_M_G wrote:

Yea, you're probably right. I imagine if I'dv had a camera in my face every time I dragged my 22 year old a** in at 3am...
i think you are over analyzing! haha. i don't think Rob gets drunk every single night. like i said, it could be the weather that makes him look all 'dirty' and sloppy. i'd guess it's all the paparazzi surrounding him most of the time. i doubt he would take coke and stuffs.
S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Post by S_M_G »

Here are some new pics of Rob. He dresses so bad and seems to love that hideous shirt and pants. I bet he smells too and yet my crush continues ;)

http://community.livejournal.com/rpattz ... tml#cutid1

http://x17online.com/celebrities/robert ... 112008.php

ocd4edward
Settled in Forks

Post by ocd4edward »

Even with his terrible fashion sense and sweaty stinky aura, he's still HAWT!

Only a select few can pull that off - Johnny Depp comes to mind...
xoxocamille
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by xoxocamille »

Violi wrote:Camille, i know EXACTLY where you are coming from, i was pretty much breathless when i saw him, even when he only said the two words i was like :shock: he sounded so amazing.

he did look amazing, i thought it was adorable when Cam pushed him to the front, i really "aaawwww"ed then, i even recorded it lol.

I saw that interview and i loved it, i giggled liek an idiot, he sounds so hyper as well, :D
i also liked the interview with Taylor and they were on about crazy fan experiences and Taylor mentions team taylor thongs, hehe loved robs reaction to that " i dont understand why i dont get that"- i wonder how many fans actually thought of team rob thongs??.
Aw, thanks hunn! Yes, Rob knocks the breath out of me. I always seem to be on the verge of hyperventilating whenever I see this man. Ha. No joke. When Cam pushed him to the front, I 'Aw'ed too! It was sweet of him. They look like this little family. They all seem to have strong bonds with one another.

Oh yes! I saw that interview too! About the Taylor thongs and Rob was asking if there were any Team Rob thongs. And I bet that there are some available online. Haha<3
heartscreams wrote:Camille - i just watched that video too! LOL!!! early pubes. oh, and how he was um, 'frustrated' about people going around discussing on the Entertainment Weekly cover. haha, well he wasn't that frustrated, he was more laughing about it. Rob is definitely very humble. oh, and you have yet to show me the link to the pictures of the new scenes! the 30s costumes!!
Oh right! I'm so sorry love, I keep forgetting to PM you the link!
Heck, here's the 30s costume thing:
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... 12888.html
http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.or ... 12847.html
Lol, the early pubes! HAHA. That interview made me laugh so hard.
I mean, yeah, people are gonna react to the EW cover, but I still think he looked amazing there.
So radiant, exquisite... charming.
I could go on & on.
ocd4edward wrote:OK. I'm probably not going to make any friends with this, but here goes.

Lately, every time I hear Rob speak in an interview or see his photo out and about...
he looks sloppy and drunk or high and he doesn't seem to articulate or answer questions very well.

From time to time, he has funny, witty remarks but for the most part he looks likes he needs a bath. and some sleep. and food. and maybe a nice rehab facility.
Yeah. You're right. We do see lots of pictures of Rob hitting the clubs lately. Looking wasted or whatnot.
But you have to remember, this is what the media always try to cover--celebrities looking like a complete mess or whatnot. Or else, they wouldn't make a very interesting story, right?
I mean, sometimes, I don't like the fact that Rob goes out in nightclubs and stuff as well, but he's freaking 22years old. He's old enough to make decisions by himself, and if he wants to go out, then he can! Eversince Twilight became so popular and people found out that he's playing EC, it's bound to happen that the media will be all over him, watching his every move. While none of us might not really know what is going on with him, exactly, I'm pretty sure this isn't all he ever does. Rob just finished working on other projects, and for all I know, he could be taking a break from it all. And sure, the comments he makes sometimes doesn't seem articulate, but he's one of those celebrites who ... hm, how do you say that... who speaks what he thinks. He doesn't give those usual "showbiz" answers, like the veteran actors might say, but at least, he says what he wants. He's still uncomfortable beinh around cameras, he stutters a lot, he laughs... whatever. But I don't think that him going to a rehab is necessary at all. Just because he looks wasted on every single picture doesn't mean that he's a druggie or whatever. Like I said before, this is what the media likes to cover, and this is only one of the many aspects Rob could be doing. None of us really know, now do we?

Hmm. I have a feeling that we're all trying to overcomprehend all these little things Rob does. I mean, look at the whole VMA scandal. We all reacted, getting pissed at Brand, but Rob didn't seem to make a big deal out of it. Lol. But how could we not? Everything this man does always captures our attention, right?

And so I've been looking at more info about his other film, Little Ashes. I've come across this one website where they started comparing Rob to Heath Ledger--not his acting style, but the projects he seems to get. They said that like Heath, Rob is slowly trying to gain some cover in the Hollywood area the hard way. He's not just getting roles that are easy, but ones that are complex and challenging as well. Just like in Little Ashes, it is said that this movie could be like Heath's Brokeback Mountain movie, since it does cover some gay-relationship as well. So. I was thinking. Rob... being gay? Wow. I have to see this movie.

Edit-- Oh! I forgot, there's a new article about Rob in Popstar! Magazine. Here's the link if anyone wants to see! Those eyes... they could kill a person, I swear<3
Click here!
[I dazzled her. My silent heart swelled with a hope more intense than I
could ever remember having felt before.] -Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun