Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #3

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I saw Twilight in theaters on wednesday and I wanted to leave my comment on Robert as Edward.

My conclusion is that Robert is an AMAZING (yes, I felt the need to use capital letters) actor. Everybody on here, specially on randomness knows I didn't saw Robert as Edward. He defenitly didn't suited the Edward in my head, but I defenitly wanted to give him a chance cause it ain't all about the looks right, they are actors. And damn good ones as it seems.

I went to watch Twilight with my best friend and when Edward came on screen, we only both could gasp for air. The way he walked, moved his body and pulled his lip and then the way he smiled when he heard what Jessica was saying/thinking about him. And in specific the way he talked and the expressions of his face.
It was so totally Edward. We both forgot how we thought Edward would look like in the past, cause this certaintly was Edward. You defenitly couldn't be otherwise then 'dazzled'. He really catched on the screen, the tortured looks really catched me. And that smile that speaks to the imagenation in the book. He got it.
And he defenitly really captures the character Edward. Which I was afraid for, since he didn't really talked well about Edward. But he so did, Edward is very complex and I could see all the aspects of his character come across on screen.

I didn't think I would ever say this, I didn't knew much about Robert, only saw him in HP. But I am going to say it now, after seeing Twilight: I love Robert Pattinson. ;) He's extremly good in what he does. I though nobody would be able to let me forget the Edward that lives in my head. But he defenitly did, and I don't regret it. Movie Edward was awsomness.
Last edited by Lieziewiezie on Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoy Robert and Edward Lieziewiezie! I think he was truely a fantastic Edward. We all love Robert here a little too much...so welcome to the dark side. :)
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I am very happy for that aswell!
Edward in the books is such an interessting, complex and intruiging character and I was a little bit scared he would lose any of all that being converted to the screen.
I am very glad it didn't. Very big congratulations for Robert to achieve that. Defenitly not an easy task.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I haven't seen the movie, i can't believe it seriously.
even my bestfriend that lives in spain is seeing it before me.

his lips are so like.. cushy? haha.
i don't know why.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I'm going next week to watch the movie, not once but twice!!
I was just wondering about Robs American accent do you think he pulled it off, I can't tell because I'm British and I was looking out for if his real accent slipped through.
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

LoveMeSomeEdward wrote:I'm going next week to watch the movie, not once but twice!!
I was just wondering about Robs American accent do you think he pulled it off, I can't tell because I'm British and I was looking out for if his real accent slipped through.
I kept listening for that too, but I thought he pulled off a great American accent (and I'm American). The only time you can kind off hear him sound British is when he says the line, "So you're worried not because you're going to a house full of vampires, but because you're afraid those vampires won't approve of you?" It was only when he said "worried" it sounded British. Other than that his accent was great.

I was really surprised because I've seen him say in interviews that he didn't have any training, he just did it. If so, that is amazing. He's so talented, I just love him oh so much! *sighs because the chances of ever actually meeting him are slim to none* :cry:

I love the way his voice sounds too when he's speaking with an American accent. It' sounds different from when he normally speaks, but I love it. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile that Edward in the movie and Rob are the same guy, because they almost seem like 2 different people. And I am wretchedly in love with both of them!!
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
cherylveenc
Settled in Forks

Post by cherylveenc »

sorry if i offend anyone
in my opinion he only looked amazing in the movie
on the interviews he looked quite different
mayb because they took of the pale makeup off him
and he doesnt really shave
like he described himself "scruffy..." haha
the one thing i liked him outside the movie is his down to earth and hilarious personality!!
he cracks me up all the time... like when he Always proposes.. LOL!!
like the "are you still on for our wedding on friday?" text msg and he said "uh sure" lol! i laughed off my chair
so yeah.. i only like Edward Cullen as a whole and Robert Pattinson's personality
i think he fits the role, and he's a great great actor.. to be able to portray Edward's personality so well.. and his intense glare that burns thru me..o_o
newborn twilighter
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

butterfly420km wrote:
LoveMeSomeEdward wrote:I'm going next week to watch the movie, not once but twice!!
I kept listening for that too, but I thought he pulled off a great American accent (and I'm American). The only time you can kind off hear him sound British is when he says the line, "So you're worried not because you're going to a house full of vampires, but because you're afraid those vampires won't approve of you?" It was only when he said "worried" it sounded British. Other than that his accent was great.

I was really surprised because I've seen him say in interviews that he didn't have any training, he just did it. If so, that is amazing. He's so talented, I just love him oh so much! *sighs because the chances of ever actually meeting him are slim to none* :cry:

I love the way his voice sounds too when he's speaking with an American accent. It' sounds different from when he normally speaks, but I love it. Sometimes it's hard to reconcile that Edward in the movie and Rob are the same guy, because they almost seem like 2 different people. And I am wretchedly in love with both of them!!
That is the only spot that I caught a little slip too!! :lol: It sounded sooo cute!! When I saw it the first time I smiled and said to myself "Did his accent just poke through there on "worried"? And I confirmed it the second time and smiled again.

butterfly420km--when I read your post here I felt like you had pulled the words right out of my brain. I see Rob and Edward as two separate and totally distinct people. They don't look alike (except that thing that they do with their mouth! :twisted: Mmm--MM!!), they don't sound alike, and they don't act alike! Rob did an excellent job of "getting into character".

AND I am also "unconditionally and irrevocably in love with" both of them!! ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
butterfly420km
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by butterfly420km »

edward4ever wrote:butterfly420km--when I read your post here I felt like you had pulled the words right out of my brain. I see Rob and Edward as two separate and totally distinct people. They don't look alike (except that thing that they do with their mouth! Mmm--MM!!), they don't sound alike, and they don't act alike! Rob did an excellent job of "getting into character".

AND I am also "unconditionally and irrevocably in love with" both of them!!
Right?!?! I love when other people feel the same way I do. :D He did do a really great job, what an excellent actor. The fact that he also sings and plays guitar and is funny and incredibly hot just puts me over the edge!! I just want him so bad...:shock: :?
Image Image
Bella...would you please stop trying to take your clothes off? :D
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

I think he's normal accent is proper British, very distinct but his American accent is softer, i have cousins from America and their accents are so strong i find it hard to understand them.