Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DHSHolly
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen Take 5

Post by DHSHolly »

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around lately and I missed the party and everything. I've been sleeping weird lately and so I've been crashing like really really early. I will be around next weekend for the robnapping though. I have to keep Jaime company in the car. :) And remember, I'm fourth. ;) Hopefully you guys will forgive me for not being around :(
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

We never forgive or forget Holly, sorry. *glare* :lol: Just kidding! We love you *hugs*

I love the disclaimer Jaime (except that last part... I think we need to talk about that XD). Yeah, I was thinking a couple of days ago "Oh my God... what if someone reads all this and thinks that we're REALLY gonna go and kidnap the poor guy. Yeah, we're kidna messed up, but not THAT messed up :lol:

And thanks for the pics, Nandi... tongue... yum... *insert drooling smiley*

So everything is going down next weekend? That's the weekend before I go back to school so I don't think I'll have to work... sweet! :D Make room at your house, Xia :lol:
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

DHSHolly wrote:Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been around lately and I missed the party and everything. I've been sleeping weird lately and so I've been crashing like really really early. I will be around next weekend for the robnapping though. I have to keep Jaime company in the car. :) And remember, I'm fourth. ;) Hopefully you guys will forgive me for not being around :(

Hey Holly!!! Of course we forgive you! I think we are supposed to be getting together tonight to possibly have a more serious discussion..though I was pretty much yelled out for even suggesting such a thing so it is probably non likely to happen..

P.S. Robert Pattinson is NOT the next Jude Law and I hate it when people compare other actors to each other. Each one has their own uniqueness and to say someone is "the next" so and so, it takes away from their uniqueness that makes them a great actor. So I'd rather say, Robert Pattinson is the next great young actor of our generation..

Because honestly, Jude Law is not that great of an actor..I liked him in Gattaca..and that was pretty much it..

Sorry for the rant..
CastMeNotAway

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Okay so I have a few minutes left before I have to leave for work, and I'm really bored...

So I think I'll steal your idea from a few pages ago, Ginger, and take a moment to actually make a comment relative to the initial puprose of this thread :lol: (I don't think I ever have, actually!)

I thought that Rob did an incredible job as Edward, but I don't think he was perfect. I feel that at some points he over-did the anguish and emotion just a teensy bit... The majority of the movie, I feel that he was totally spot-on... he REALLY captured the character beautifully. But there were just certain scenes where I was like "Okay, take it back a bit and you'd be golden."

Mind you, this was my opinion the first couple of times seeing the movie... but after 10 viewings, I'm now totally in love with his portrayal of Edward and see no flaws whatsoever... but I think it's because I've just seen it so many times that I'm used to it, you know?

But my gut reaction to his portrayal of Edward was that he was a bit over-the-top at some points. (Whereas I feel that Kristen was too flat sometimes... I'm hoping they can meet in the middle in New Moon. Then they'll be perfect!)

Okay, ending the seriousness....

Rob is jizz! <3 (Juicebox... ew. XD)
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

Ard Rhys69 wrote: So what's my job in the Robnapping? Cause you don't go as far into the Rob thread as I have and expect to walk out alive again, or at least without a couple breaks and fractures.

We may need another driver? Since you got that great JEEP and all? I mean, seriously I got Susan and Holly keeping me company in the car... enough room for them to toss Rob in the back, then two more in the backseat? i believe there are more ladies/sluts involved so we could really use another driver! You could be the SLUT DRIVER! That's it. Matt's Jeep is officially the SLUT RIDE!...which means you need a bummer sticker that says "line it up, slut it up, cufk it up"... since that's their motto and all. Maybe that's what your hat should say. I still think the slutness might be awkward infront of a coffee bean store.... but whatever, it's LA right?

Alright and ladies I may or may not be on tonight... if I can't make it I'll like text ya to let you know that I'm ok and all. I got the knots from hell in my tummy right now.

Ok... and Holly woot woot! or should I say "I want to cuff Rob?"

Laterz Sluts and the rest of u.
JAIME

WOOT WOOT!

*licks her banner for luck*
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
'twahy-lahyt'
Lusting for Blood

Post by 'twahy-lahyt' »

F... seriously guys I guess I'm out for the Robnapping.
I've been gone way too long and now have no idea what's going down.
Please forgive me. I've been caught up in some books and now the new school semester started and on top of that I'm sick, like a hacking cough and runny nose... I have really only been on the Lex to check PMs. seriously I barely post on my home thread anymore, let alone here.
I'm sorry again

~Shel
<333
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I'll kick my brother out of his room, and ask my parents if we can put a bunch of air mattresses in the living room. :lol:
HAHA, Hair Flipping Soulmates, that was cute Nandi!

EDIT: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=5766955
ImageImage
E<3B
StayVeryStill
Settled in Forks

Post by StayVeryStill »

Hello Everyone!

I don't know if you all saw this article

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/35969.html

I'd like to comment on it if I could and I'd like to get your thoughts....

First off, the media sucks. Who knows what was going on with him anyway - last time I checked, celebrities are people too and they are allowed to have off days or be cranky or whatever. Acting is Rob's JOB! He doesn't owe you/us anything except to do a great job in whatever capacity is he doing his job in...and that's only when you've/we've paid for it. Again, that's what he OWES you.

Now, he would be smart to cater to his fans in the best way possible (his chosen profession requires it to a certain extent) - although that is something he isn't always going to be able to do. He isn't going to always be able to meet every fans expectations. We all have this idea of the kind of person he is and we build our expectations upon that.

Will he disappoint? Absolutely! Haven't you disappointed people in your lives? I'm sure you have.

I adore the man and know he has tremendous success ahead of him but he's HUMAN. People just need to lighten up and back the hell off.

::getting off soapbox:::

Peggy

BTW - here's another interesting article - what do you guys think about this?? http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/pu ... 4533.shtml
Thanks for Xia for the awesome siggie!
TeamJacob!

Post by TeamJacob! »

Jaime, don't mean to steal your words but Robnapping next week. WOOT! WOOT!
so I'm just gonna clear things up. Shot gun a seat in Jaime's car with Rob after all I am security :D and Holly said fourth so I dibs fifth!
And what's with all this serious Rob talk? :roll: :lol:
Peggy- that last article was interesting. I'm glad he has gotten out of the spot light, sad but its probably the best for him. I guess he doesn't know how to handle things after being shot to super super stardom in a very short period of time. It seems the Blackberry hasn't changed him too much. LOL. I think he did a very good thing by that instead of just joining the 'I'm a young actor who is a womanizing jerk/druggie club' :lol: And the first article I would rather him act like a normal human being and disappoint sometimes than some jerk 'too good for everyone' actor who would disappoint ALL the time.
Maybe its just cause i woke up but my rant sounds really harsh.. :?
E<3B but I <3 Jacob
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER SECURITY
>>>Thinks her avie provides proof that Rob does indeed have muscles...;D
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Team Jacob- I like your avie!

I LOVE MY AVIE!

Look at it! >>>>>>>>>>>>>> :D :D
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~