Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by Chernaudi »

Typical Kristen/Twilight hating BS. I personally don't give a crap about internet polls. After all, she can't be that unpopular--she lost to Rob in E's celeb of the year by only 367 votes out of over 12,000 cast between them.

I wonder if Rob and Taylor are nominated for Razzies too.

As I mentoned, Death Wish 3 was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, but I like it because there's so much wrong with it that it's good, if you know what I mean. But I don't think that anyone here would nominate Charles Bronson for a Razzie, as he's a "man's man."

At least people in the Twilight universe who haven't had jealousy and ignorance cloud their judgement know what's really going on with Kristen.

On top of that, people still misspell her name, even if they've printed it correctly millions of times before.

Again, I feel that there's a media bias against her for whatever petty reason.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Several members of the cast are actually on the nomination list. I could honestly not care less. Some of the greatest actors of the last generation have been nominated and "won" Razzies. Halle Berry won a Razzie 6 weeks before accepting her Oscar for best actress. The people putting out the list have absolutely no idea or understanding, nor the desire to understand, why Kristen's turn as Bella (or Rob's as Edward for that matter) are actually more spot and amazing than most in film this year. It's anti-Twilight bias and I've become so used to it that it barely stings anymore. *sigh*
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

I've said it before and will doubtless say it again, if one doubts Kristen and her acting abilities, watch Speak or some of her other indie films. She likes indie flicks because she as more freedom within constraints and its a more family atmosphere, even though she's found that on Twilight.

And besides, how come so many fans who've encountered her, her co-stars and industry people like her? She's obvously doing something right without selling her soul.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Congratulations to Kristen for winning the People's Choice award last night for Favorite Movie Actress.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

corona wrote:Congratulations to Kristen for winning the People's Choice award last night for Favorite Movie Actress.
Hear hear!!
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

corona wrote:Congratulations to Kristen for winning the People's Choice award last night for Favorite Movie Actress.
That was so awesome! I voted countless times. And now she's on the cover of Vogue! The February issue. She looks gorgeous as always. Did you guys see her acceptance speech? I loved the "I was a vampire this morning." Made me so excited to see her as vamp Bella. I can't wait to see how she does as a vamp. Red eyed Bella/Kristen is going to be awesome.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

It's fantastic that she won a PCA! She totally deserves it because I think she's a great actress. :D
The Vogue shoot is beautiful! I'm definitely buying a copy when I can find one here. But in that picture on the lex blog, she doesn't look like Kristen to me. I almost didn't recognise her. Is that weird? It's not the blond hair because I've seen that before. Maybe it's just the make-up or the lighting. Now that I think of it, she looks like Kate Raver (that actress who plays the new heart surgeon on Grey's Anatomy). And in this picture she looks like Joan Cusack.
Oke, I'm just going to stop right there. That is weird. :oops: Anyway, she looks fantastic!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

A short article about her by the person who interviewed her for Vogue, for which Kristen is on the cover of the Feb. issue: http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/articl ... n-stewart/

Jazz Girl

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, I was reading the last chapters of Breaking Dawn last night and I found myself playing them out in my head, blocking them and visualizing them the way a director might. I'm so greatly anticipating Kristen's portrayal of VampBella, I can hardly stand it. Kristen has always brought such a quiet strength to Bella (sometimes despite the inanities of some HUGE writing mistakes) that watching her finaly able to completely unleash all that strength, I think, will be a sight to behold. I'm particularly looking forward to the scene where Kate is pushing her to practice her gift and does so by threatening Ness, and also the scene where she finds out about Jacob imprinting on Ness (I swear to all that is holy that if they screw that scene up, alter it to "play down" Jacob's imprinting or Bella's reaction, I will personally hunt down Melissa Rosenberg and claw her eyes out). Those scenes have the potential to be some of Kristen's finest work in The Saga, and that is saying something.
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Jazz Girl wrote:...and also the scene where she finds out about Jacob imprinting on Ness (I swear to all that is holy that if they screw that scene up, alter it to "play down" Jacob's imprinting or Bella's reaction, I will personally hunt down Melissa Rosenberg and claw her eyes out). Those scenes have the potential to be some of Kristen's finest work in The Saga, and that is saying something.
Heh heh. I betcha they do. I bet they either completely redo that imprinting reveal scene, or else they tone Jacob way down and portray Bella as overreacting to the whole thing. How about, instead of clawing MR’s eyes out, the loser has to write a one-chapter fanfic where Bella returns from her trip to La Push and tells Edward she has decided to stay human with Jacob?

Okay, I take that back. That’s too much to ask anyone to write or anyone to read. The horror!
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”