Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan #2

Post by JulieM »

@DarkMuse-I totally agree with you about the commentary. I think that is my favorite thing on the DVD. You get to see a side to her personality you would otherwise in an interview. Same for Catherine and Rob. I hope Rob and Kristen do that for the rest of the movies.

Yes, that part is going to be so sad in NM when Edward leaves. I know I will probably cry. :-(

Julie
Image Image

Cullenist/Rob's Halfway House Member
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

Can't wait to hear the commentary! 22nd of this month and the DVD will be out.

I'm so glad Kristen is getting to express her side of the story - that she KNOWS she is awkward in interviews, but she really is trying to get better at it and is just speaking honestly and being taken out of context. The fact that her dedication was questioned is just ridiculous. The press is annoying me more and more everyday. They always find a way to put a negative spin on things they publish about her, even the most recent interviews where she is so positive. Like this massacred one that has been chopped up from its great original version and made into a negative article. Fail. Enough with the crap.

The new set pictures are great! I think with the wardrobe they'll be regressing back to so called "boyish" Bella because of Edward’s absence. As was explained in Twilight where they had her more feminine after he met her, boyish before. Continuity. I like it. Plus, she's just so darn cute and beautiful.
TwilightFan86
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightFan86 »

Am I the only one who is sick of all the KStew bashing going on everywhere?

I absolutely LOVED Kristen in Twilight.

No, she's not the Bella I pictured when I read the books...but then Rob isn't the Edward I pictured either. The characters I pictured are completely unique to my imagination, and are non-existant in the real world.

But for the movie I thought Kristen was just perfect. She made the character seem so real to me - she made Bella seem like somebody that I could really meet and see myself being friends with in real life. I loved her so much that now I'm trying to track down all her other movies to see some of her previous work. For some reason I don't have that same desire to track down Rob's other movies. Kristen just seems more real to me. And I think she's a fantastic actress!
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

Yes, I'm sick of the bashing also. I'm most sick of seeing the negative comments in the News Blog area. There are certain people who consistently post negative comments about Kristen. They are actually quite rude about it. I won't say their names out of respect, although they really don't deserve any respect. Anyway, I really think that they do it on purpose.

I'm going to see Adventureland today. It looks pretty funny!
Image Image

madgoose
Settled in Forks

Post by madgoose »

i watched the movie before reading the books. I had seen one bit about Rob Pattinson cutting his hair and that was it for Twilight. I'm a big HP fan, so when they compared SM to JKR I was a little weary. Having said all of that, I wanted to tell you that I absolutely loved Kristen Stewart as Bella. I thought they all did a great job. After reading the book I found some holes that the direction could have filled in, but not with KS, her acting, or committment to the film. She is so very beautiful.
mizzou

Post by mizzou »

i just saw adventureland. it's really good. kristen did a good job, but i'm biased, i like all of her movies. she had some lines that were really familiar to some lines said in twilight, haha.
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
JulieM
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JulieM »

I just got back from Adventureland. It was funny! Kristen was great. I'm biased too! :-)

@mizzou-love the hockey clip. Any particular reason for that specific one?
Image Image

mizzou

Post by mizzou »

JulieM wrote:I just got back from Adventureland. It was funny! Kristen was great. I'm biased too! :-)

@mizzou-love the hockey clip. Any particular reason for that specific one?
lol yeah i'm a huuuuuuuge st. louis blues fan, and this shot of t.j. oshie reversing a hit on rick nash, really sums up their playoff push, haha

i was surprised at how adventureland wasn't that graphic. i expected more sexual scenes and stuff like that. haha.
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
Devious Cullen

Post by Devious Cullen »

We have to wait til June for Adventureland. Damnit.
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by akire »

I have a Kristen-as-Bella question. What part of the movie and/or Kristen's portrayal did you think most Bella-like? What part least?

Image Image Image