Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
thingsthatglow
Settled in Forks

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by thingsthatglow »

I was skeptical until I saw her in Push - now I'm just excited. She might have braces though? I think she can pull it off. I do hope that they don't over do her role because she's such a big name (or give her too much money that they can't do the movie justice anymore) but those are just minor concerns.
Iroc24
Wandering Through Town

Post by Iroc24 »

I kind of feel that she is too old for the park. I picture Jane as a younger character. Obviously not an immortal child, but she's always described as young and small. Dakota Fanning is kind of taller than what I expected.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Iroc24 wrote:I kind of feel that she is too old for the park. I picture Jane as a younger character. Obviously not an immortal child, but she's always described as young and small. Dakota Fanning is kind of taller than what I expected.
Yeah same here.
I just don't really like Dakota's acting, but that's just my opinion. I didn't picture her at all when I read New Moon.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

^^Me neither. Im really nervous about her casting. I've never seen her act in a way that blew me away, so I dont want to depend on her acting to pull her through for me, but she doesn't look like how i pictured jane so I dont know what to make a foundation on...Im very skeptical to say the least.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I used to have HUGE reservations about Dakota playing Jane because she wasn't what I pictured. But then I saw some Volturi pics. She looks soooo creepy but innocent but psycho. I changed my mind :lol:

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

Haha me too ^^ :D .
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.
italiangirl1577
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by italiangirl1577 »

Mrs.TeddyBear wrote:^^Me neither. Im really nervous about her casting. I've never seen her act in a way that blew me away, so I dont want to depend on her acting to pull her through for me, but she doesn't look like how i pictured jane so I dont know what to make a foundation on...Im very skeptical to say the least.
Are they going to do something with Dakota's hair for the role or just leave it as is? The book says Jane has short, dark hair.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

^^Jane is in your avii!

Also might I say something?

On this site,
http://www.newmoonthemovie.com/worldof ... ottomRight

Jane is the fourth most important character?!? They're making her seem like she has a huge part, when in reality, I think she's only in on the end, correct?

The cast list goes:
Kristen Stewart as Bella
Rob Pattinson as Edward
Taylor Lautner as Jacob
Dakota Fanning as Jane
I don't think she's that much more important then the rest of the Cullens to the plot.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

@ DudeRocksTheTwilight - The official site makes no sense with how the cast list is; I guess it has to do with her name rather then the character.

I think she'll do a fine job with the role. Most of her other roles had her playing an angelic like character, and Jane provides a challenge for her because it's not her typical role.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Dakota Fanning is a household name, they will use that to their advantage in advertisement...Just the business they're in.

I think she's maybe too young for the part being only 13. Her facial structure and presence is off a bit too. That being said, the glimpse of her in the trailer was pretty good albeit not enough to know if she pulls of Jane...She'll have to do better than she did in Push for this part...

Did anyone see her in "Taken?"

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."