Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by Lunna-san »

ringswraith wrote:
switzgal wrote:For only being 14 yrs. old this girl has quite a resume. I think she'll do great. I wonder if they'll have her dye her hair brown.
Considering the number of wigs we've seen so far, probably not. :lol:

:lol: True. But dying her hair light brown is easier than turning Nikki Reid or even Peter Facinelli blonde.

I'm totally pleased with her pick. I think she'll do an excellent job. She has tons of experience, she had worked with great actors and director before. And, as some people pointed out, she had played very different characters. She not like Amanda Byrnes ( and I love her movies) or those teen-blonde actress. She can adapt well. And she's already a fan of the books, so, this is half way for me.
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

I don't think dakota would be good at all for Jane...but...that's my opinion.
Last edited by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA on Sat May 02, 2009 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

^ I agree with some things there.

I think she is OKAY. Im just having a hard time dealing with an already hugely famous millionare kid getting cast for this....
She is a great actress though.. just worried about how shes gunna pull it off...
Jane is so purely evil, but looks innocent..
I just can't picture it.
I do have faith in her. Its not like shes some tweenie Disney star..
shes a serious actress and she'll be totally committed to bringing us the best Jane she can.. but,

Like.. when I see Jane, Ill know its Dakota.. and ill be like "THATS DAKOTA OOO WOW!!" and I won't see Jane, and I'll get distracted from the movie/storyline.
But I didn't get like that with Rob or Taylor, who I have seen before, so Idk, Ive seen Dakota in a lot of movies...so ahh.
:cry:
So im at the halfway point for loving her and hating her as Jane.
But I can't exactly hate her at this point, because we haven't seen her play Jane yet.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
jaimetristan
Learning to Love Green

Post by jaimetristan »

I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA wrote:WARNING!!!:

Do not read on if you TOTALLY agree with the casting of Dakota as Jane! (Because you are completely the opposite of me).

I am soooo sad and angry hat the stupid people have cast annonying Dakota Fanning and Jane!!
Jane is a REALLY great character and Dakota is now going to ruin it.

Reasons why:

1: She is WAY TOO! well known and it really spoils it because i feel that i will be watching Dakota NOT Jane!

2: She has NEVER played a villain role before EVER so how is she going to cope with Jane?

3: I don't believe she can portray the emotions Jane does.

4: SHE DOSEN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE JANE!!!!

5: She dosen't look anything like Jane because........She has blond hair which means that they will have to dye it (regrowth will happen...yuck) or put a wig on (No way!!).

6: She is not pretty enough to play a vampire who is innocent on the outside and evil on the inside. Dakota is just innocent on inside and out so how can she portray Jane?

7: She is in SOOOOOO many movies i will get mixed up when i see her and wonder what movie i am watching.

8: She does not look like a botocelli angel ...AT ALL!

9: EWWW.....You are making me angry Dakota!

10: She is going to ruin New Moon for me!

END OF RANT!!!
WOW.....LoL OK SO IM GUESSING YOU DONT WANT HER IN THE MOVIE? :lol:
Jaime..
flow_3
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by flow_3 »

Yay!! :D
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA - You are my hero..I don't completely agree with a couple of points.. OKay, I lie..I also am not very enthused about Dakota being cast as Jane. She is a little too well-known and I just don't foresee the essence of the Saga being as strong as it was in the first film..It is becoming waaaayy to commercial now..I just hope that the whole cast does not lose focus and stick it out for the fans.

I do really wish that AnnaSophia Robb tried out for the role though..I'm assuming that she didn't because we didn't hear any news about her or anyone else slightly famous for auditioning.
SuperVixen

Post by SuperVixen »

I think Dakota will be a good Jane. Like pp's have mentioned, she's a serious actress and will put her best performance forward. I'm excited to see what she does with the role.
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I don't know about this decision yet. When I first heard she was being considered I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I was really hoping that they would cast more unknowns like they did with Twilight. And since her character is in Eclipse & BD we'll be seeing her through those as well. The only movie of hers I liked was Sweet Home Alabama and she was just in there for a brief time and was a little girl. I just don't know I guess I'll wait & reserve judgement after NM comes out in what 8 months?
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
SuperVixen

Post by SuperVixen »

pennybug84 wrote:I just don't know I guess I'll wait & reserve judgement after NM comes out in what 8 months?
right now that seems sooooo far away :( hopefully time passes fast!
Nothing said Happy Valentine’s Day like a big shiny &%@* unicorn
I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

G-Faerie08 wrote:I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA - You are my hero..I don't completely agree with a couple of points.. OKay, I lie..I also am not very enthused about Dakota being cast as Jane. She is a little too well-known and I just don't foresee the essence of the Saga being as strong as it was in the first film..It is becoming waaaayy to commercial now..I just hope that the whole cast does not lose focus and stick it out for the fans.

I do really wish that AnnaSophia Robb tried out for the role though..I'm assuming that she didn't because we didn't hear any news about her or anyone else slightly famous for auditioning.
Lol....I googled Annasophia and SHE would be a way better Jane, mainly because i had never heard of her before.
jaimetristan wrote: WOW.....LoL OK SO IM GUESSING YOU DONT WANT HER IN THE MOVIE? :lol:
Yeah exactly!!No way should she be in the movie!
Jadey wrote:^ I agree with some things there.

I think she is OKAY. Im just having a hard time dealing with an already hugely famous millionare kid getting cast for this....
She is a great actress though.. just worried about how shes gunna pull it off...
Jane is so purely evil, but looks innocent..
I just can't picture it.
I do have faith in her. Its not like shes some tweenie Disney star..
shes a serious actress and she'll be totally committed to bringing us the best Jane she can.. but,

Like.. when I see Jane, Ill know its Dakota.. and ill be like "THATS DAKOTA OOO WOW!!" and I won't see Jane, and I'll get distracted from the movie/storyline.
But I didn't get like that with Rob or Taylor, who I have seen before, so Idk, Ive seen Dakota in a lot of movies...so ahh.
:cry:
So im at the halfway point for loving her and hating her as Jane.
But I can't exactly hate her at this point, because we haven't seen her play Jane yet.
Yea,totally agree with the getting distracted bit.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.