Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Dakota Fanning as Jane

Post by TwilightRose1 »

Dakota Fanning has been a great actress in everything else she's done so I'm curious to see how she'll do in New Moon. Its hard to really envision her as an evil character, but the way theyve made her look is very evil, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they pull it off. Dakota the torturer... hmm.. ^_~
WolfGirl22
Settled in Forks

Post by WolfGirl22 »

Yeah, I have a really hard time seeing her as a malicious villian! She was the sweet little girl in I Am Sam and Charlotte's Web! I hope its nothing like trying to watch Jim Carrey play a serious role! It should be interesting to watch.
shwarzloewe
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: on a clearing in the forest howling at the moon.....

Post by shwarzloewe »

though her scene was a just few minutes, I think she pulled it off. she looked mean yet composed all through out her scene.
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

I also loved Dakota's short performance. I hope her role will be bigger in Eclipse (can't remember the book). Loved her facial expressions! :)

Ashley Greene loved her too (just came across this 'new' interview LOL):

What was your favorite scene to film?

Going to Italy and being part of the Volturi scene was great. Dakota Fanning is fantastic. I was watching her movies before I was even acting. And I got to work with Michael Sheen and he’s an incredible, phenomenal actor and it was great to be able to learn from him and watch him do the scene and watch how it translates to the screen.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/11/28/ashle ... -twilight/
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

I was initially skeptical of Dakota Fanning as Jane, but I am now a believer after seeing her terrific (albeit short) performance in New Moon. Her facial expressions were spot-on, particularly when she was focusing on Bella. Furthermore, I even think that her appearance as Jane was as perfect, from her gorgeous facial structure (yes, it was angelic!) to the innocent widening of her eyes.

"Pain."

*shiver*

Can't wait to see Dakota in Eclipse!
shwarzloewe
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: on a clearing in the forest howling at the moon.....

Post by shwarzloewe »

her expression when she failed to "hurt" bella was also spot on, a mix of shock and frustration.
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I thought she did a good job considering how short her part was. The only thing was for me I didn't think she looked innocent and sweet enough. I always pictured Jane more petite and a lot more innocent looking. Maybe it was those red eyes or her hair pulled back like it was, but she just didn't look innocent enough to how I thought from reading the book. Oh well, it'll interesting to see her back in Eclipse.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

I dunno. She looked pretty innocent when she was hurting Edward with that smile.
JordanfromNZ
Settled in Forks

Post by JordanfromNZ »

I think Dakota Fanning played Jane pretty damn well. I have always liked her as an actress and think she suits the part pretty darn well.

Her acting was delicately evil. Very nicely done.
jennaentrust
Settled in Forks

Post by jennaentrust »

I love her!!! I think she is such a great addition to the cast!!! So happy!
Visit Entrust Cash Advance for creative small business financing methods.