Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black #7

Post by The girlie-wolf »

You know what I noticed? That every girl that don't really likes Jacob loves Taylor :lol: They are not that different in their personalities...
But I get it... And I don't really like Jasper so i can't tell you that it's wrong that you don't like Jacob :lol:
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

The girlie-wolf wrote:You know what I noticed? That every girl that don't really likes Jacob loves Taylor :lol: They are not that different in their personalities...
But I get it... And I don't really like Jasper so i can't tell you that it's wrong that you don't like Jacob :lol:
:D I know, different teams eh? :rolls eyes:
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Yes... I guess it's kind off stupid cuz no one really exist *crying like a baby*...
FYI I love what you said about Jasper in the banner... "Beauty on the inside, scarred on the outside"
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Has anyone seen Abduction? From the trailers, it reminds me of at least two other movies inlcuding one done by former co-star Rachelle Lefevre, and totally not worth taking the time to watch other then it's on tv and there's nothing on worth watching.

From the two or three different reviews I've read, the reviewer wasn't impressed with the movie, and that TL's acting wasn't all that good. Not to mention, the general vibe I've gotten from IMDb, [I know, not the best site to look at, but it's the easiest for me to remember] is that many weren't impressed with the movie or TL.

I read at Box Office Mojo that the movie did reach it's intended target audience, which is good I guess but I think if TL really wants to be an action star he needs to maybe aim a little higher then his female teenaged fanbase. Not really meaning to compare to Rob, but one of the reasons why I love both RM and WFE is because they were aimed at a more mature audience base then the TW films. I'm not against action movies (I have watched a ton of the James Bond movies, as well as some of the Bourne Triliogy and just recently watched Transformers [a strech I know]) but TL's new movie doesn't seem all that interesting.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

RebeccaCullen wrote:Has anyone seen Abduction? From the trailers, it reminds me of at least two other movies inlcuding one done by former co-star Rachelle Lefevre, and totally not worth taking the time to watch other then it's on tv and there's nothing on worth watching.

From the two or three different reviews I've read, the reviewer wasn't impressed with the movie, and that TL's acting wasn't all that good. Not to mention, the general vibe I've gotten from IMDb, [I know, not the best site to look at, but it's the easiest for me to remember] is that many weren't impressed with the movie or TL.

I read at Box Office Mojo that the movie did reach it's intended target audience, which is good I guess but I think if TL really wants to be an action star he needs to maybe aim a little higher then his female teenaged fanbase. Not really meaning to compare to Rob, but one of the reasons why I love both RM and WFE is because they were aimed at a more mature audience base then the TW films. I'm not against action movies (I have watched a ton of the James Bond movies, as well as some of the Bourne Triliogy and just recently watched Transformers [a strech I know]) but TL's new movie doesn't seem all that interesting.
The reviews are pretty abysmal. I've seen more than one that says it actually fun to watch because it is so bad; atrocious plot and bad acting on the part of Taylor and Lily.

Taylor needs a few more years on him and some voice work. There is that boyish, petulant, passive/aggressive undertone that keeps cropping up that works well for Jacob, but isn't going to work for other characters, and certainly not action heroes.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

i dont go by movie reviews. most of the time its old men or women giving them and they dont see the appeal some1 like taylor has. all the critics said all the twilight movies r horrible, but i love them all. i will go see abduction this weekend. i think maybe the movie is a little too serious. taylor should do action films, but ones that seem a little more fun or comedic.
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by t_feva »

geez, just realized last time i posted in here was Dec 29, 2009. i miss my team taycob girls :(
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
gloria63
Settled in Forks

Post by gloria63 »

Abduction was one of the worse movies i have seen in a very long time. Taylor was terrible and he is just a very bad actor. The script was bad and the directing was just atrocious. Action movies are not for Taylor, sure he has the physique for it but he just dont have the entire package.His voice sounds like a 13 year old girl. He has no presence and no charisma and if he wants to be a action star he needs to bring in the Males, especially 18-25 year old males and he cannot do that because they Despise him. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone are really bad actors too but they were a Mans Man and that is why men would go to their movies. That will never happen for Taylor because everyone see his fans as 14 year old girls. Abduction did not make the kind of money on opening weekend that Lionsgate thought it would. They were betting everything on the "Team Jacobs" flooding the theaters and that did not happen. On the bright side the movie made 10.9 million at the box office and that is all because of Taylor so he does have a audience but it is not enough for a major motion picture. This will fall even futher next week and will be in Red Box real soon. Taylor may want to call the Disney Channel or Nickelodeon and see about making a movie for them. He would definitely be playing to his key demographics. He will never ever be Tom Cruise, Will Smith. Denzel Washington, Leo DiCaprio, he is totally out of his league when it comes to these guys. He is more like Steven Seagal or Jean-Claude Van Damme.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]