Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
willowtree
Eating Spaghetti with Billy
Location: Kicking butt with her awesome Ninjasissyvildypuceowner!

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Post by willowtree »

Good point, Nezzie.

I like rob as my Edward, except for his hair. his hair is not right. and his eyes... but I think they look better in NM. hopefully. :? Anyways, i couldn't imagine any other Edward, so he's my perfect fit.

And yes, Derek, I agree, he is kinda creepy. :mrgreen:

~h. f. e. l.

-Hanni

(banner=not mine.)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I do blame rob for getting me addicted to the twilight sage.... :oops:
I saw him in Harry Potter and was interested to see what he would do next, not because of his looks but because he was at that point very new to the acting world and all ready put in to heaven by the british fans...so I watched twilight and read the books and the rest is history... :lol:

I do have to admit now after seeing twilight that he looks freaking hot... before (as Cedric) he looked to young but now.. I like a real man ( unshaven, not to dressed, etc...) :twisted:
I do have a weak spot for men who don't follow the rule and look different...

First I thought he was the perfect edward but after reading the books I have my doubts, but I also can't imagine any one else.
I think a lot of the things twi-hards fall over are due to the script and I don't think it's fair to blame him, he knows that there is room for improvement and I bet New Moon (if the script is good) will be so much better..

I read in interviews how much he hates being followed around, and being harazed by girls...Now he is looked up in a hotel room with Kristen... way to go girls... :x This is the perfect way to make sure he and kris started tp date and he won't be available any more.
I am a bit worried for him though.... the same thing happened to Heath Ledger and see what happened to him... :(

I am very exited about new moon, the scenes we have allready seen were great... I bet Rob will pull it of...
Can't wait to see Ilse of Esme... :twisted: should be hot...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Rob is cool, I like him! :) He looks great as Edward... His acting was not the best in Twilight, but he did a good job! Can't wait to see him in NM!
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

http://movies.ign.com/articles/103/1039523p1.html

^^^

I swear, this article bashing Twilight pissed me off.

Take the current de facto leader of the sissy vamps, Robert Pattinson's Edward Cullen. This is, after all, a vampire who chooses to spend immortality… in high school. Hey, think about all the action a pretty boy like that can get. For all eternity, mind you! All eternity! It's like the vampiric version of Matthew McConaughey's Dazed and Confused character – that's what he loves about these high school girls, man. He gets older, they stay the same age… This type of vamp is clearly smart enough to make the best use of his devil-given gifts.

Do some of these bashers even take the time to read the series and how the characters develop? Edward does not spend all of eternity in "high school", and SM clearly explains why the Cullen children decide to re-enroll after entering a new area for protection. I also take offense to Twilight vampires being called "wusses", considering some of their potent abilities. So what if Stephenie changed a bit of the lore to keep things refreshing? It's her universe and her imagination.

When you see Edward nearly rip the neck off of James, he is no wuss. He's just a more mysterious character, as opposed to an in-your-face killer like Blade.
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

A BRIEF WORD FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD MOD TEAM ABOUT CLEAN LANGUAGE.

PLEASE DON'T TRY TO FIND CLEVER WAYS AROUND OUR FILTERS. They're there for a reason. We realize we've maybe not made our policy clear in the past, and that many of you may have been using "alternative" spellings in good faith, thinking that this was ok. So we want to reiterate our rules: If a word is still decipherable, it's still offensive and doesn't belong on these boards. Don't make us waste our time and yours updating our filters to keep up with inventive new misspellings. Just find an unexceptionable way of expressing yourself. We want to keep these boards PG! We have really young kids on this site. And even Adult threads can be read by viewers of all ages.

And remember: the filters are not a free pass. Just because something isn't in the filters, that doesn't mean it's appropriate to write on the Lex. It's up to you to keep your posts PG. In particular, THE FILTERS CAN'T CATCH ANYTHING INSIDE BANNERS AND AVIES -- please don't make us come after you to clean them up!

Please note that this isn't a response to any particular posts or threads -- it's just an issue we've let slide for a long time, and we wanted to clarify our position. And we've picked a few well-trafficked threads as the quickest way of reaching the most people. For a more detailed account of our policies, please have a look at our Posting Rules.

Thanks!

“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

*RUNS INTO THE FORUMS WITH A GALUMPH!*

HELLLOOOOOOOOO all my Twilight board peeps. I hope some of you old friends are still around.

I took an extended break from the boards to study for the bar (which I passed - YAY!!!), but now I am making a resounding return. So tell me what is new with you ladies! :)

Also, really enjoying how Rob is kinda taking the back seat and letting Taylor be the movie star for this press round. I'm sure they'll both be front and center for Eclipse though. Oh - and thanks to Rob for letting us know that Breaking Dawn is probably going to happen. Woop.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

swedishskinjer wrote:I swear, this article bashing Twilight pissed me off.

Take the current de facto leader of the sissy vamps, Robert Pattinson's Edward Cullen. This is, after all, a vampire who chooses to spend immortality… in high school. Hey, think about all the action a pretty boy like that can get. For all eternity, mind you! All eternity! It's like the vampiric version of Matthew McConaughey's Dazed and Confused character – that's what he loves about these high school girls, man. He gets older, they stay the same age… This type of vamp is clearly smart enough to make the best use of his devil-given gifts.

Well, frankly, I find it quite funny. I don't really find it offensive, but I do find the hilarity of how ignorant the writer of the article is. Obviously, this writer didn't do their research AT ALL! Now, if you had shown me that article right after I had first read the series I would have taken extreme offense to it, but since its not like this is HP where the bashers know to keep their mouths shut, I have learned to deal with the bashers and even laugh at them. Especially in situations like this where they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

soozabooza54~Hi! I don't think we have met before, but just in case you didn't know, most - if not all - of us ladies who used to come on here were yelled at by the mods because of our language and such on here a while back. Now we have a different thread called Rob's Halfway House. Its an adult thread that we use to squeal about Rob and everything dealing with him. So now this thread is back to strictly talking about his acting abilities in Twilight.

And I just want to throw a question out there for everyone so we are on topic...
What was your favorite part of Rob's acting in Twilight and least favorite?

For me, well...I will have to think about that, but I will be back with an answer soon.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
Good question, Ashley! My favorite part is the way he can tell a story with his eyes. The look in his eyes is like a window into everything that Edward is feeling when he's around Bella. The deep love, but also the fears that he has for allowing himself to enter her world and let her into his. Especially in the bedroom kissing scene. It was perfect, and he became Edward for me right there. And it landed me in the Halfway House :lol:

My last favorite part...Hmm...I think it's got to be when Bella first enters the lab. I think his response to her scent is way too much. I always imagined Edward more subtle in that scene, not holding his nose for everyone to see.... I also think that they made him a bit too akward the next time they met in the lab, when he was asking her about the weather etc.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

That is a good question and I think I have to agree with Dovrebanen as in the least favourite part - Edward would not do something so obvious as in react that way to Bella's scent, not would he be clumsy and awkward when next they meet. Favourite moment is when Bella has a dream of Edward and you see Rob's face in the dark, looking all seductive and sexy...
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:
Hmmmmm, I think my favorite part of Rob's performance in Twilight is quite honestly how absolutely dedicated to the character he is. It is so clear to me from his performance alone that he completely gets Edward, you know. He understands the conflict and the fear that drives Edward throughout the series. Combine that with the commentary he gives in interviews regarding the character and it just makes me love his performance all the more; the preparation he did with Stephenie and with Peter, his own discussions with Kristen to fine tune those interactions...just amazing.

If I had to pice one moment or scene where I think he just knocked it out of the park, I would say supper in Port Angeles (though I want to absolutely kill Catherine Hardewick for the hair cause it is just a little hard to take him seriously with that). But, in that scene you watch him vascillate between joy that he can finally open himself to her, utter terror that he is going to tell her the truth (of sorts) and resignation that he can't fight fate anymore. I love it. Add to it Rob's own amazing voice in the background singing what is to me the best place song and lyric in the history of film and it's perfect.

You also have all the little things Rob does to remind us that Edward is essentially two people; a 110 year old vampire and also very much a 17 year old manchild (the eyeroll leaving the kitchen...come on....who amongst us did not have the EXACT reaction the first time we introduced someone to our families).

Finally, Rob'sphysical performance I thought was just perfect. The moment in the garage, when they are preparing to leave, when Alice comes to him and tells him she and Jasper will take Bella, the way his body literally arches out towards her as Alice takes her away, literally looking as if she is ripped from his side...GAH!!

Hmmmmmmm, as for least favorite, I kind of disagree. I thought Rob's reaction to Bella was fairly well played. It's easy to read his reaction, but for it to play on film, it had to be more physical. So that doesn't bother me so much. Ironically, probably my least favorite moment is not due to Rob so much as to that idiot Melissa Rosenberg. and, I think it's because Rob knows that the line he is delivering is one Edward would never ever say, his performance of the exchange is less... I don't know...just less. It is when they are discussing the veggie diet and he says, "It's not fully satisfying. It wouldn't be like drinking your blood, for instance." You can almost see the wheels in Rob's head turning, knowing that Edward would NEVER say that to Bella, EVER.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS