Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby akire » Wed May 20, 2009 10:50 pm

G-Faerie08 wrote:Another scene where I think that he actually did well was the bedroom scene. That was where I really saw Edward shine through..But I do agree with what you said that there was a "level of elegance" missing in some parts.

I can't wait to see the Italy scene either..but somehow I feel that Rob is going to overplay the dramatics a little.


I'm SURE he will overplay it a smidge. Or a large bit. And I will eat it up. :D

Oooh, yes. The bedroom scene. VERY Edward. He goes from playful to cautious to passionate all within a couple of minutes. LOVE the slowness.

Plus, there is just this one line in the restaurant scene when he said "It is very frustrating," and just the way his voices sounds when he says it is SO Edward. Scenes like that make me think he will really shine under better direction (hopefully).
Image

Image Image Image
User avatar
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby edward4ever » Thu May 21, 2009 4:46 pm

Well, my plan was to go back and read about the last 150 pages I have missed since the last time I was here but I only got to read two posts down and felt compelled to put in my two cents about the kissing scene... ;)

Yes, the kiss is amazing and long and passionate and all that other stuff. It's definitely my favorite part of the movie. But what makes it my favorite part is not the actual kiss, which is great.

It's at the beginning of the kiss when Rob (I mean Edward!) starts moviing in for the kiss and he says "Stay very still..." and then he moves another 2 inches, staring at my lips (I mean Bella's, Doi!) and then shakes his head slightly and says (with a quick intake of breath)"...Don't move..." and then when he starts the kiss...that little triple up-twitch at the corner of his mouth that just says "this feels really good and I can definitely kiss her without sucking all the blood from her body!"

Oh, man...I could watch that over and over and over and over....and have! :twisted:

How do you direct that!? You have to have Mad Acting Skills to be able to pull that kind of passion off in just a matter of 10 or 12 seconds! Of course, I guess it helps that he was (and probably still is) madly in love with KS.

pammy ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
User avatar
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby DarkMuse » Fri May 22, 2009 3:03 am

Pammy - Holy crow I haven't seen you since like the 1st or 2nd Rob thread! Lol. I wholeheartedly agree with you about that kiss though. Have you watched it with the commentary on? I thought it was funny that here Edward's telling Bella to "stay very still" and "don't move" and yet Rob only took so long to kiss Kristen because he thought she was gonna move in and kiss him. :lol: Silly boy. Haha.

That whole scene was done very well. Rob did a superb job playing out the whole "I wanna kill her but I can't because I love her" thing. Getting into the kiss like we know Edward wanted to, but then pulling back knowing it was too much for him was absolutely beautifuly done.

Any part where Rob looked like he was trying too hard I think may have had more to do with direction than anything else. Then again, he was trying to play Edward the way he saw him. Anyway, I thought he was excellent.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
Image
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
User avatar
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
 
Posts: 2053
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 am
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby rjupiter » Fri May 22, 2009 3:08 am

DarkMuse wrote:Pammy - Holy crow I haven't seen you since like the 1st or 2nd Rob thread! Lol. I wholeheartedly agree with you about that kiss though. Have you watched it with the commentary on? I thought it was funny that here Edward's telling Bella to "stay very still" and "don't move" and yet Rob only took so long to kiss Kristen because he thought she was gonna move in and kiss him. :lol: Silly boy. Haha.

That whole scene was done very well. Rob did a superb job playing out the whole "I wanna kill her but I can't because I love her" thing. Getting into the kiss like we know Edward wanted to, but then pulling back knowing it was too much for him was absolutely beautifuly done.

Any part where Rob looked like he was trying too hard I think may have had more to do with direction than anything else. Then again, he was trying to play Edward the way he saw him. Anyway, I thought he was excellent.



yet, if you have never read the books the whole scene seems very weird and kind of um off and cheesy, especially they " i can't loose control with you line" which was out of place and was not fully explained at all.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby Dovrebanen » Fri May 22, 2009 3:21 am

rjupiter wrote: yet, if you have never read the books the whole scene seems very weird and kind of um off and cheesy, especially they " i can't loose control with you line" which was out of place and was not fully explained at all.

You're right about that. But that is sort of the what happened all the way through the movie. Nothing was explained the way it should have been. The audience didn't truly know how badly Edward wanted her blood. How he was in actual pain because of it and his throat burned with it. And I blame this all on the script and directing, not the actors. They can only do their best with what they are given to work with.
That pained look in his eyes when he says "I can't ever loose control with you"; I was blown away by it. Some amazing acting.
The only thing I didn't like about the kiss (or I like it because it was an amazing kiss...but according to the book..), was that he pushed her down on the bed. I think we should have seen more of Bella attacking him, because it didn't really seem like she did. And then she said "I'm sorry", but the non-readers would have no idea why it was so important that Edward stayed in control of the kiss, and how her fingres tangling in his hair at times made it to intense for him.
Image
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
User avatar
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: Norway.

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby rjupiter » Fri May 22, 2009 3:34 am

Dovrebanen wrote:
rjupiter wrote: yet, if you have never read the books the whole scene seems very weird and kind of um off and cheesy, especially they " i can't loose control with you line" which was out of place and was not fully explained at all.

You're right about that. But that is sort of the what happened all the way through the movie. Nothing was explained the way it should have been. The audience didn't truly know how badly Edward wanted her blood. How he was in actual pain because of it and his throat burned with it. And I blame this all on the script and directing, not the actors. They can only do their best with what they are given to work with.
That pained look in his eyes when he says "I can't ever loose control with you"; I was blown away by it. Some amazing acting.
The only thing I didn't like about the kiss (or I like it because it was an amazing kiss...but according to the book..), was that he pushed her down on the bed. I think we should have seen more of Bella attacking him, because it didn't really seem like she did. And then she said "I'm sorry", but the non-readers would have no idea why it was so important that Edward stayed in control of the kiss, and how her fingres tangling in his hair at times made it to intense for him.



exactly, there is subtly and subtext and there is "what the hell is going on with that weird emo kid", for those out of the reading loop. for me it will always be a a let down that they focused on the flotsam of the book, the HS stuff, and not on making it a relationship piece. I see potential in both performances but it was never allowed to fully develop.
rjupiter
Learning to Love Green
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby edward4ever » Fri May 22, 2009 11:11 am

rjupiter wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:
rjupiter wrote: yet, if you have never read the books the whole scene seems very weird and kind of um off and cheesy, especially they " i can't loose control with you line" which was out of place and was not fully explained at all.

You're right about that. But that is sort of the what happened all the way through the movie. Nothing was explained the way it should have been. The audience didn't truly know how badly Edward wanted her blood. How he was in actual pain because of it and his throat burned with it. And I blame this all on the script and directing, not the actors. They can only do their best with what they are given to work with.
That pained look in his eyes when he says "I can't ever loose control with you"; I was blown away by it. Some amazing acting.
The only thing I didn't like about the kiss (or I like it because it was an amazing kiss...but according to the book..), was that he pushed her down on the bed. I think we should have seen more of Bella attacking him, because it didn't really seem like she did. And then she said "I'm sorry", but the non-readers would have no idea why it was so important that Edward stayed in control of the kiss, and how her fingres tangling in his hair at times made it to intense for him.



exactly, there is subtly and subtext and there is "what the hell is going on with that weird emo kid", for those out of the reading loop. for me it will always be a a let down that they focused on the flotsam of the book, the HS stuff, and not on making it a relationship piece. I see potential in both performances but it was never allowed to fully develop.

You all are sooo right! I completely blame the screenwriter and the director.....and SM if I'm being honest! She approved the script...saying it was awesome. ????
And don't get me started on Edward's wardrobe! He was supposed to look like a super model for Cripes sake! That grey, scratchy looking coat that was too small for him, looked ridiculous! Where was the cream leather jacket???
And, although I love Rob's hair and all its craziness....I hated that boufant style CH put Edward in, it was way too long to be piled up on top of his head like that---and then when a breeze came, it would just fall right over....like in the van scene, as he's watching her from across the parking lot. Wasn't ANYBODY on the crew LOOKING AT HIS HAIR BEFORE THEY YELLED "ACTION!"?
All I can hope is that this new director does a better job and that the screenwriter listened to all the criticism before writing NM.
DarkMuse wrote:Pammy - Holy crow I haven't seen you since like the 1st or 2nd Rob thread! Lol. I wholeheartedly agree with you about that kiss though. Have you watched it with the commentary on?

HI KRISTINER!! Yeah, I've been gone awhile. I think I disappeared around the 5th or 6th thread. I had to take a break--it was controlling my life!! HAHAHA! I see you had a birthday recently. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D
No, I haven't watched it with the commentary...I guess I know what I'm doing today! :lol:
pammy ;)
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
User avatar
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby diane771 » Sat May 23, 2009 12:11 am

Image
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/rules-dont-stop-me
http://neverthinkningcom.ning.com/video/i-dont-care0001
User avatar
diane771
Red-Eyed Vampire
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby akire » Sat May 23, 2009 12:44 am

edward4ever wrote:And don't get me started on Edward's wardrobe! He was supposed to look like a super model for Cripes sake!


LOL Pammy, I'm so glad you brought this up! I have to say I was glad not to see the cream leather jacket; bless SM's heart but some of her fashion choices were not so great. BUT it would have been better than that terrible blue jacket he wears in the scene where he shows up while Bella's washing her car. And I don't EVEN want to talk about those baseball uniforms. Ugh. OMG and WHY didn't he wear a tux to the prom. Sigh.
Image

Image Image Image
User avatar
akire
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:03 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #12

Postby t_feva » Sat May 23, 2009 1:37 am

so i heard they're changing the marriage proposal in New Moon. that edward offers bella a different ultimatum other than marriage to become a vampire. that was my favorite part of the book! they better not change it.
Image
Image
Image
teamtaycob.webs.com
twitter.com/tfeva1
User avatar
t_feva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:51 am
Location: the land of sunshine

PreviousNext

Return to The Cast List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests