Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
OhemgeeTwilight<3
Settled in Forks

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by OhemgeeTwilight<3 »

-fangirlsqueal- To be honest, I think that Taylor is a GREAT choice as Jacob Black. He just seems so sweet and fun to be around, but at the same time, you feel that you might get crushed in one of his hugs, like a real Jacob Black. He'll be great in NM, and he especially has a larger role in that movie. He does need to work out a bit more though, to get more into his role. Other than that, he's PERFECT. -fangirlsquealagain-
heat of the sun
Wandering Through Town

Post by heat of the sun »

I wish Taylor didn't have the wig... or if they at least made the wig look like his real hair.
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

well at least he wont have the wig forever if they make a NM, because he cuts his hair when he becomes a warewolf or shapeshifter (whatever)
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

Dazzled <3 wrote:well at least he wont have the wig forever if they make a NM, because he cuts his hair when he becomes a warewolf or shapeshifter (whatever)

I am very excited for the short hair =P
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
britt08
Settled in Forks

Post by britt08 »

i feel stupid saying this because the majority vote seems to like this taylor guy but umm......i imangined jacob more manly and dark and mysterious kind of. taylor is a little boy, cute yes for my middle school sister. but i would just prefer to see someone more like steven strait
for any of you who dont know. think the sky high super hero movie
http://www.moviesonline.ca/celebrity/ph ... Strait.jpg
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

britt08 wrote:i feel stupid saying this because the majority vote seems to like this taylor guy but umm......i imangined jacob more manly and dark and mysterious kind of. taylor is a little boy, cute yes for my middle school sister. but i would just prefer to see someone more like steven strait

that's the actor SM envisioned as Jacob- so it's not wonder why everyone thinks he should be Jacob. I do agree though Steven Strait would be a great Jacob, but he definatly can't pull off a 15 year old kid for Twilight. That's what i love about Taylor- he's got that young happy kid look to him, the before Jacob. I really don't have any doubt that he'll be able to pull out that darker side- the wolf Jacob...i guess we'll just have to wait and see
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

Oooh I like Steven Strait. My biggest concern with Taylor (since re-reading the other books) is how is going to go in the other movies if they are madelike with looking, acting, a whole lot older and more mature. That will be the test. He is great for the Jacob in twilight but he looks like a 16 year old. I give him credit though for already (allegedly) hitting the gym and trying to buff up even though New Moon is no where near definate yet. I admire that quality in him and stand by my previous statement that I think he will do good as Jacob in Twilight.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

mlola619 wrote:
britt08 wrote:i feel stupid saying this because the majority vote seems to like this taylor guy but umm......i imangined jacob more manly and dark and mysterious kind of. taylor is a little boy, cute yes for my middle school sister. but i would just prefer to see someone more like steven strait

that's the actor SM envisioned as Jacob- so it's not wonder why everyone thinks he should be Jacob. I do agree though Steven Strait would be a great Jacob, but he definatly can't pull off a 15 year old kid for Twilight. That's what i love about Taylor- he's got that young happy kid look to him, the before Jacob. I really don't have any doubt that he'll be able to pull out that darker side- the wolf Jacob...i guess we'll just have to wait and see
I didn't know who Steven Strait was until just recently. I thought he was perfect for wolf Jacob. Taylor looks ok for before-wolf Jacob, but too young to play wolf Jacob. I'll be interested to see how this will work out since all the actors have signed on for at least two sequels assuming Summit decides to make them- which I'm sure they will.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
suziecue95
Settled in Forks

Post by suziecue95 »

Well i personally LOVE him as jacob i mean hes not how exactly how how i pictured him in my head.... hes so much hotter than i ever pictured jacob to be! i think he'll do a great job playiong jacob to, he seems like a really happy person and in twilight jacob is just a happy kid, he doesnt get that kinda bitter edge until later. i dont know how taylor is going to be bitter though....
Tateyyy92
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Tateyyy92 »

I freaking love Taylor. He is a really good actor and reallly cute. I think he will en-body Jacob Black in the movie and we will all be impressed. Taylor and Jacob have very similar personalities and I know from personal experience. Taylor lives in the same town I did and I have met him a couple of times so I can totally see him as Jacob.

Twilight= LIFE