Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
souled_out_08
Settled in Forks

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by souled_out_08 »

EvenFreaksNeedLove wrote:meh... I'm still really not diggin Taylor... hopefully I'll become okay with him after the movie... He does seem to be a nice guy... but I mean, he does kinda sound like a 40 year old gay man when he talks... in a... good way.
i *pretty much* second that! although, i gotta say, i've been SLIGHTLY more impressed with him than robert... when i look at taylor, though, i still think elliot murtaugh/sharkboy... and i did read that taylor will be jacob for the next movie or so... that bit came from an article about how he made a surprise visit to a book release party, but his dad is the one that said anything about the rest of the movies... we shall see.
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

Oh well yeah of course he's better than Robert! Gah! Robert is... uh... yeah. I hoping the movie will make me magically love all the people who are playing the character cuz so far.. .I'm not too pleased about any of them :?
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
Mary Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mary Cullen »

EvenFreaksNeedLove wrote:Oh well yeah of course he's better than Robert! Gah! Robert is... uh... yeah. I hoping the movie will make me magically love all the people who are playing the character cuz so far.. .I'm not too pleased about any of them :?

I was in the same boat at first. But for the most part I think the actors have grown on me. I'm still not convinced about Taylor though... Anyways, Now... I'm just waiting to see the movie. I think it's all on their performance. If they can portray the characters really well... then that would be awesome.
"Afraid of a needle. Oh, a sadistic vampire, intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs of to meet him. An IV on the other hand..."
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

Yeah that would be awesome. That's what I'm hoping for :)
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
somnium
Settled in Forks

Post by somnium »

I don't see Taylor as Jacob... at all. I prefer Steven Strait, I kinda got used to him and he looks closer to the Jake i see in my head. Maybe after I see Taylor in the movie I'll be able to see him as Jake but for now I'm not a fan of Taylor Lautner playing Jacob Black.
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

Scarily enough Taylor is almost exactly how I pictured the young Jacob in my head. :shock: I just hope they actually make him look bigger and taller when Jacob has his growth spurts and not leave him as he is now.
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

At first I didn't imagine him as Jacob at all. But then when I saw the movie clips, I imagined in a whole lot better. He should do a good job, even though this movie part isn't huge, he still is an important character.
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

I love taylor but...

If he's not tall enough.. thats really my main concern.. But you know Solomon Trimble is definitely not 6'7 I would guess that he's not even 6 ft!

So they may not make the werewolves tall in the film version.
J<3B
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

I love Taylor as Jake, although I think the wig thing is gay, even though in the books he did have long hair, I hated that. But I also liked the option of Steven Strait playing Jake. Lol but I still love Taylor anyway.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Edward-Bella-forever wrote:I love Taylor as Jake, although I think the wig thing is gay, even though in the books he did have long hair, I hated that. But I also liked the option of Steven Strait playing Jake. Lol but I still love Taylor anyway.
Yeah! I love him too.
But someone told me (and I know its not true lol.) that they were gonna trade out Taylor for Steven midway through New Moon. I was like uhhh thats stupid haha.

But Steven would've been perfect. He's 22 not like 30!
And Robert is 22 also!

Anything is possible with movie magic.

I'm not ragging on Taylor because I LOVE him. haha.
But to be honest I've always pictured steven strait as my Jacob. :]
J<3B