Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by CantBreathe »

I think he's perfect for Jacob in Twilight. A lot of people complain that he doesn't look old enough, but remember Jacob is just a regular 15 year old in the first book. As the actor, is still 16 I'm sure he will mature some in real life and this could be reflected in future films. As far as size goes, this is easily acheivable with camera work and other tricks. Remember they made hobbits in Lord of the Rings? A very helpful optical illusion.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
midnight
Settled in Forks

Post by midnight »

I think he potrays Jacob well, i imagine Jacob as someone looks like him (except for the long hair, but well..)
And his black belt is big plus plus for me. too bad there is no fighting scene in the movie, i'd love to see him in action xD
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Oh my Gosh! I don't know if any of you have seen this picture...

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/K ... =bvibo.jpg

But hmm.. I'm still thinking.
J<3B
BellaMorte
Settled in Forks

Post by BellaMorte »

I actually really like this casting for Jacob. I wasn't quite sure at first glance? I mean, aside from the unstoppable lusty bad thoughts for him and the mental calculation of age differences ("Twenty five and sixteen isn't THAT huge, not REALLY...only NINE years") I was iffy and all "Hmmmmm". But then I was watching this interview with him and there's a point in there where he's smiling and laughs and my heart did that skippy beat thing because it was JACOB, right there. (laughs)

Made my day.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dL90UJITl8M

That's it there. Hee.
Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rose »

Oh my god!
Taylor is hot! I hope I won't change the team because of him!!! Why must he always take off his shirt? That doesn't make it easier to me. :D I mean...he is really...physically attractive...it's not fair! Robert, help me!!! :D
I hope it will give new moon as a movie!!! I want to see Taylor more often in the Twilight-Saga then he'll be shown in the twilight movie!!!

Rose
Rose
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rose »

I've forget something:
Taylor is the perfect Jacob Black!!!
crosBy
Settled in Forks

Post by crosBy »

I think Taylor is going to be a great Jacob. After watching a few interviews with him and everything, my image of Jacob started to look a lot more like Taylor. Even if what I thought Jacob should be and Taylor don't see eye to eye, I really am glad that Taylor is going to be playing Jacob. Now if November could only get here sooner!!
"Go fetch a space heater. I'm not a Saint Bernard." --- Jacob Black
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

i dont know, i'm still a little unsure about taylor as jacob. hes not how i pictured jacob really, but i'm going to give him a chance. i know the wig isnt his fault, but lets just hope he works it somehow.
so taylor, show us what you got.
randomness bum<3
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Oooh! Did anyone see the VMAs?

Taylor was lookin' REALLY good! ;) And he and Kristen were REALLY cute together... :D

*is slowly becoming more and more convinced that this whole "Taylor as Jacob" thing just might work*

(Um... PS: So that random british dude totally cut off Rob so he couldn't even talk... :evil: )
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I've seen some youtube's of him and he actually does look young to me. I think he's young enough to play Jake in Twilight.... Jake in Twilight was so young and innocent. He's perfect for him.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett