Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by jazjade »

WishIWasACullen wrote:... especially because the wig that he was wearing at one point looked ridiculous ...
BTW, I totally agree about the wigs. They look pretty silly, and are kind of stereotypes of movie native americans. (in my opinion)
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

jazjade wrote:Disclaimer: I am team edward. But, When I saw Taylor Lautner and heard him speak and saw his smile, I thought "How Perfect and charming a guy for Jacob, He might make lots more people love Jacob" Just plain charming, which, I think, is what Jacob is, when he's not feeling the teen wolf anger and frustration over Bella. He makes me smile.
I ENTIRELY agree!! Putting a sweet and charming face to Jacob's character will, I believe, make him even more lovable. And he makes me smile as well!! He always did, when he wasn't acting overly womanish, that is.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I did not read all the posts, so if this was mentioned, sorry. Remember that principal photography was finished months ago. So far, there's been no official word of "New Moon." Yes, it's on IMDB that it's slated for 2010, but no official statement has been made by execs or what-not. Isn't Taylor just 16? Which means he has plenty of time to "fill out" for his role if everything goes as we Twilighters want, and they start filming early next year!!

And yeah, he is very, um, *cough,* built!!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i think that steven strait would have been a better Jacob black, But taylor will be good.. as far as growth spurt.. If they can make Tom cruise taller then nicole kidman in Movies.. they can do it with him.. and remember taylor is still Very young.. he may just have a very NATURAL growth spurt.. my bestfriends little brother was 5'6 at 16 and by 18 he was 6'4 so ya... it could happen.. but still i had in my mind steven strait but Tan.. more Indian looking
im happy with taylor tho.. he is a cutie..
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I don't know if Taylor is the one to play Jacob, I'll just have to wait and see. And I don't think the height thing is going to be a problem. I remember a interview from Robbie Coltrane (Harry Potter = Hagrid) and he said that they made him allot bigger in the film, but he wasn't allowed to say how they did that.
BEDhead
Settled in Forks

Post by BEDhead »

All i can say is 'no Jacob, your being half naked does not bother me in the slightest.'. :D
In all seriousness though,he does seem to have a good comitment to it. In the least, i think he is very deserving of the part even if he isnt how the majority pictured him. I myself found it quite easy to adapt to having him as Jacob. But then again, i would be happy just seeing random pictures of him with no storyline whatsoever... thats just the kind of person i am 8-)
In interviews he seems to have the Jacob peronality hands down, whether or not that will be transferred in his performance im not sure....
Either way; the point is HE IS HOT! I dont really think there is any contest there ;)
Looking forward to seeing him in New Moon (please dont crush my hopes by saying its undecided!!!)
Roy:Even if that were true,it's just not in their nature to learn how to use a ladder.They have wings.When a moth thinks about traveling vertically upwards, a ladder is just the last thing they would think of."
Lisa_bryony
Wandering Through Town

Post by Lisa_bryony »

I will say this for him: he is very commited to the part, he's a good actor and I'm sure that he will do the part justice - for all those who haven;t read the book etc. I reckon they'll find him good in the part.

But for me, he just isn't Jake. I mean possibly he is a younger Jake but in New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn? I don't know if he is right for that part? The films I've seen him in are ok, all the parts he plays seem a bit generic though and to be honest, a bit disney. That's not Twilight at all, Jake is a pretty complicated chraracter because he goes through so much and he displays such a mixed set of emotions. I personally believe that Steven Strait would have been the best Jake, he is more how I imagined him and although everyone says he looks too old, I don't agree. Has anyone seen him in the The Covenant? He plays a school boy in that and doesn't look at all out of place.
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Post by jazjade »

My husband, David, is pretty challenged by Twilight, what with me staying up all night in the living room to read the books. That said, I think he's going to end up being Team Wolf! MTV posted that video of Taylor Lautner as a 10-year-old martial arts champion, and it was so spectacular I had to show it to David. He was very impressed, of course. Then I told him that, at 16, this guy is going to play Jacob, the wolf in Twilight. I took the liberty of showing him a video of Taylor being interviewed at ComicCon, to show him how amazingly poised and charming he is, and I looked out the corner of my eye and saw David smiling!!. Yes, definitely Wolf.
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town

Post by NightCreation »

jazjade wrote:My husband, David, is pretty challenged by Twilight, what with me staying up all night in the living room to read the books. That said, I think he's going to end up being Team Wolf! MTV posted that video of Taylor Lautner as a 10-year-old martial arts champion, and it was so spectacular I had to show it to David. He was very impressed, of course. Then I told him that, at 16, this guy is going to play Jacob, the wolf in Twilight. I took the liberty of showing him a video of Taylor being interviewed at ComicCon, to show him how amazingly poised and charming he is, and I looked out the corner of my eye and saw David smiling!!. Yes, definitely Wolf.
Haha, just make sure to keep your husband a close enough distance away from the screen as you show him Taylor, because he can even make guys fall in love with him. Trust me, I know...

Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

NightCreation wrote:Haha, just make sure to keep your husband a close enough distance away from the screen as you show him Taylor, because he can even make guys fall in love with him. Trust me, I know...
I found this statement to be a tad bit disturbing. Flattering for Taylor, of course, but disturbing, nonetheless. My BF is Team Jacob only because he knows about my infatuation with Robert Pattinson :D
"What fools these mortals be!"