Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by sparker »

Taylor Lautner is a perfect choice for Jacob Black in every way. I'm a little worried about him not maturing fast enough for the sequels, but if they need an older actor that is a dead ringer for Taylor, Michael Copon is 26 and a bigger version of Taylor. He was in a cheesy flick that I passed by the other night 'Bring It On, In It To Win It" but I stopped when I saw him because he looks just like Taylor Laurent whom I thought at first was him. Look him up at this site http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178757/
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

sparker wrote:Taylor Lautner is a perfect choice for Jacob Black in every way. I'm a little worried about him not maturing fast enough for the sequels, but if they need an older actor that is a dead ringer for Taylor, Michael Copon is 26 and a bigger version of Taylor. He was in a cheesy flick that I passed by the other night 'Bring It On, In It To Win It" but I stopped when I saw him because he looks just like Taylor Laurent whom I thought at first was him. Look him up at this site http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178757/
Wow, you're right he does look like an older version of Taylor! But I think I'd rather see them use the same actor, a little more realistic to me... and I don't think Taylor is completely hopeless for future films :)
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

CantBreathe wrote:
sparker wrote:Taylor Lautner is a perfect choice for Jacob Black in every way. I'm a little worried about him not maturing fast enough for the sequels, but if they need an older actor that is a dead ringer for Taylor, Michael Copon is 26 and a bigger version of Taylor. He was in a cheesy flick that I passed by the other night 'Bring It On, In It To Win It" but I stopped when I saw him because he looks just like Taylor Laurent whom I thought at first was him. Look him up at this site http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0178757/
Wow, you're right he does look like an older version of Taylor! But I think I'd rather see them use the same actor, a little more realistic to me... and I don't think Taylor is completely hopeless for future films :)

hmm, Michael Copon. interesting, i hadn't even thought of that. but he does look a little like Taylor. Michael was actually just 1 town over from me filming a movie a couple weeks ago. it was kinda funny. not many movies are filmed where i live. haha.
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

CantBreathe wrote:

agreed; i've never really liked it when they switch the actors in movies...to me it makes it less interesting since it's not the same person as before and with that the character changes...so i really hope they keep all the same actors throughout all the movies
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by clariissaa »

He's hot. He has the look of Jacob.. to me.
I think he'll do great. But I doubt that he'll grow like what? half an inch?
It's okay. As long as he plays the part well.
I'm a little biased because I love Edward so love Rob more. =D
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

first of all, I am VERY glad that Taylor is Jacob. and it bugs me that people are hung over by the fact that they don't think he will be able to bulk up for the coming movies. Um, hello, what really matters is the acting and if you saw sharkboy and lavagirl, I think he WILL be able to pull off the serious stuff. Second, he is young. He WILL grow more and he seems pretty bulked up to me anyway. And even if he doesn't get big enough, there are many tricks they do in movies these days. They can make a 25 year old look 14. I don't think his image will be a problem, as long as the acting is good and IT WILL BE GOOD!!!
singleduetoedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by singleduetoedward »

I think Taylor was a wonderful choice for Jacob. Especially in the first movie. With lotsssss of body building and maybe some special effects and of course some good brooding, he'll be perfect in future movies. As long as he can be moody, he'll be great!
My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

I saw some pictures, Jacob looked really weird with the long hair wig. He looks better with hair like shoulder length.

What do you all think about the hair? I guess it is been longer than I imagined.
Last edited by BreathelessVampire on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

BreathelessVampire wrote:I saw some pictures, Jacob looked really weird with the long hair wig. He looks better with hair like shoulder length.

What do you all think about the hair? I guess it is been long than I imagined.
the hair was much longer than i expected.. i cant wait for him to cut it in NM. lol.
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
BreathelessVampire
Fishing with Charlie

Post by BreathelessVampire »

mlola619 wrote:
CantBreathe wrote:

agreed; i've never really liked it when they switch the actors in movies...to me it makes it less interesting since it's not the same person as before and with that the character changes...so i really hope they keep all the same actors throughout all the movies

You do make a point here. I checked out the website, they do resemble alike. But, if they really switched , the movie would be completely different. The voice, the acting, makes a whole lot of difference.

Maybe if Tyler buffed himself abit for the next Twilight Movie, he could pull of the huge Jacob 25 lookalike thing.

I am looking forward seeing him in the movie!
Team Edward. Team Jasper. Team Alice. Team Emmett
Because they are just plain sexy.

Trainee at Emmett's Demolition Crew

Member of Donating Blood To Jasper&Co.