Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby Miss Vengeance » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:08 pm

His height may not be a huge issue. If you angle the camera right you can make someone Taylor's height look much taller.

Taylor looks like Jacob to me, but I've only ever seen him in Sharkboy and Lavagirl. I can't even remember him from CBTD2. He has the fighting stuff down, though. :lol:
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:21 pm

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby nikie_nikz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:07 pm

Height shouldn't be an issue with Taylor. He's what? 16? 17? Chances are, he hasn't reached his full potential in height, and will grow a few more inches in the next couple of years. His growth in maturity and physicality in real life will probably be aligned with Jacob's growth in the book. I think it'll work out well.
"What fools these mortals be!"
User avatar
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Honolulu, HI

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby KStew and RPatz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:54 pm

I absolutely love Taylor as Jacob! I think he can totally pull off the happy, cheery Jacob in Twilight (because that is the wayhis personality usually is!), but I also think that he will be able to do the serious Jacob at the end of the series ( if you saw his acting in Sharkboy and Lavagirl, you will know what I mean). I am feeling realy good about his part. Who was that guy that they wanted to play Jacob? Krys what?
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:36 pm
Location: Listening to Michael Jackson

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby NightCreation » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:06 am

I love that Taylor is playing Jacob. It's also kind of weird because three years ago I saw him as this short cute little kid in Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Now, just 3 THREE YEARS later he has become....for lack of a better word...SEXY!

Oh, and am I the only person that hasn't read ANYWHERE that Steven Strait is going to play Jake in the later movies? I mean, he would probably make a good Sam, but I just can't imagine him as cute little Jakey.
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
Image
User avatar
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: LB [can you figure out what LB stands for?]

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby mlola619 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:19 pm

NightCreation wrote:I love that Taylor is playing Jacob. It's also kind of weird because three years ago I saw him as this short cute little kid in Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Now, just 3 THREE YEARS later he has become....for lack of a better word...SEXY!

Oh, and am I the only person that hasn't read ANYWHERE that Steven Strait is going to play Jake in the later movies? I mean, he would probably make a good Sam, but I just can't imagine him as cute little Jakey.


lol i don't think the filmmakers are considering that...i mean i've been looking around at Twilight news for a while and haven't ever come across something like that. Not to mention the fact that a move like that wouldn't be very productive considering Taylor seems to be doing an excellent job anyway?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
User avatar
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby NightCreation » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:37 pm

mlola619 wrote:
NightCreation wrote:I love that Taylor is playing Jacob. It's also kind of weird because three years ago I saw him as this short cute little kid in Sharkboy and Lavagirl and Cheaper by the Dozen 2. Now, just 3 THREE YEARS later he has become....for lack of a better word...SEXY!

Oh, and am I the only person that hasn't read ANYWHERE that Steven Strait is going to play Jake in the later movies? I mean, he would probably make a good Sam, but I just can't imagine him as cute little Jakey.


lol i don't think the filmmakers are considering that...i mean i've been looking around at Twilight news for a while and haven't ever come across something like that. Not to mention the fact that a move like that wouldn't be very productive considering Taylor seems to be doing an excellent job anyway?


Thank Goodness!
Proud Twilighter Since August 7, 2008 [just because I haven't been a fan for years like most of you, doesn't mean that I'm not as obsessed]
Image
User avatar
NightCreation
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: LB [can you figure out what LB stands for?]

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby Juliana<3Jake » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Haha. Twilight the movie hasn't even come out and I'm already anxious to see New Moon (if that decision is made ::fingers crossed) on the big screen!!!

I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner portray a deeper emotion than "happy go-lucky" and he is so that won't be hard for him.
But I can't wait for him to play "dark, brooding, angsty" Jake!

I just know he's gonna do great!
Image
J<3B
User avatar
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby mlola619 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Juliana<3Jake wrote:Haha. Twilight the movie hasn't even come out and I'm already anxious to see New Moon (if that decision is made ::fingers crossed) on the big screen!!!

I can't wait to see Taylor Lautner portray a deeper emotion than "happy go-lucky" and he is so that won't be hard for him.
But I can't wait for him to play "dark, brooding, angsty" Jake!

I just know he's gonna do great!



Definately, sure i can't wait to see him in Twilight- but New Moon is where we're REALLY gonna see his acting skills....go taylor 8-)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
User avatar
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: Miami, FL

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby iloveawerewolf... » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:41 am

I think Taylor Lautner is perfect for Jacob. He has that sweet, young boy look. Sort of like the 'boy next door' But then at the same time I can see him being the 'angry werewolf' he turns into in New Moon. Also has anyone seen those new pictures of him of Disney Channel Stars? He has gotten pretty bulked up since I last saw him so I thnk he'll be able to do it. (And if it's not enough..then computer technology....)

And he is dedicated to his role. Really dedicated. The video the Lex produced proved it. :) He meet with tribal members in actual La Push and everything to learn as much about his role as possible. Even learn their language. Dedication!

So I completely support Taylor as Jacob and I cannot wait to see him on the big screen!
iloveawerewolf...
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:45 am

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Postby break4jake » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:48 am

I think Taylor is the best guy for Jacob. He has the awesome bright sun smile, and is....uh.....very cute to put it mildly.

ANd about his height, people shouldn't be too worried about it. I mean they did fine with Gandolf being huge and hobbits being shorties in LOTR, so why can't they produce some movie magic here?

And I cannot wait for Eclipse to hit the big screen, partly cause I want to see Taylor walk around without a shirt on. :oops: :D






On a serious note, I've always thought Taylor would be a great Jacob Black. He is very into his part, and is willing to go the extra mile to play his role right. He is a great actor, and I respect him greatly.

(I also think the poor guy had no idea what he was getting into taking this role. And all the conflict going on with fans about jacob, and also the thousands of fans who want their jacob played right in the movie)
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair. - Rosalie Hale
Image
User avatar
break4jake
Wandering Through Town
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:45 pm
Location: daydreaming she was in la push or forks :)

PreviousNext

Return to The Cast List

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests