Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black

Post by spicey16 »

i think its great he's so young.. jacob is supposed to mature quickly and with the time inbetween movies he should be perfect! plus he's amazingly hot.. I think i'm going to La Push maybe there's a real jacob lol **sorry ed. i always loved you for bella but jake is perfect for me!*
Tarkheena
Settled in Forks

Post by Tarkheena »

I'm warming up to him being Jacob because he does kinda look like Jacob in my head, face-wise. It's just his voice that's uhmm.... :?

I find it too squeaky and nasal. I imagined Jacob's voice to be boyish but not so high as Taylor's.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i decided recently that he is a cutie.. alittle too young for me.. but cute none the less if i were a 13-17 year old girl i would call him hot.. but im 24.. so he is just cute.. give him like 5 more years.. and he will be atotal fox.. but he is perfect for twilight Jake.. just hope he has a crazy growth spurt for new moon .. otherwise BRING ON STEVEN STRAIT YEEEEAAA MMM
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
MajorKlutz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MajorKlutz »

When I heard that the boy who played Sharkboy was going to be Jacob I was a little iffy about it. But when I saw how dedicated he was to the character I felt alot better about Taylor playing Jacob. Taylor Lautner is a very good actor and he will do a very good job with this role. :D
I love my men cold, dead, and sparkling!!!! (*sparkle, sparkle*)
vintage_sunflower
Settled in Forks

Post by vintage_sunflower »

I seriously think that Taylor is a dead ringer for Jacob. He looks pretty much exactly how I pictured Jacob in my mind while reading Twilight. Hopefully he "gets bigger" ?...for any other movies...not quite sure how the "movie magic" will do that one...but I'm sure they will find a way. I also love how he presents himself in interviews...and how passionate he is about his role as Jacob..and how he identifys with him on a personal level...I think that will make his performance as Jacob really blossom on the big screen. I can't wait to it! :)
sgrlstar1
Settled in Forks

Post by sgrlstar1 »

I think he looks alot like I imagined him in the book at least in Twilight when he is younger, so maybe in a couple of years he will catch up in height?
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

I think Taylor Lautner is perfect for Jake. I've never realy liked Jake, but Taylor is REALLY hott.

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
MCullz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MCullz »

Taylor is close to exactly the Jacob I had formed in my mind.

and I have been a fan of him since before Cheaper By The Dozen. and am confident he will do well. he is extremely dedicated to his role as Jake.

have any of you heard his laugh? I love it. hahah. it's super cute. and his Martial Arts skillz are wicked sweet. haha.

<3
"It's your choice, Ace. People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute.You climb up here with me, it's one less minute you haven't lived." -Logan Huntzberger, Gilmore Girls
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I think Taylor is an extremely dedicated actor and will work his but off playing Jacob and I think he will do a really darn good job.........I have very mixed feelings over Jacob (team Edward ALL the way) which vary from wanting to slap him to wanting to punch him but never disliking him lol so, for me, if he can bring those feelings that I get from reading the books to the screen, then he has done his job as Jacob, IMO.
blackpanthershay
Settled in Forks

Post by blackpanthershay »

Taylor will do an excellent job as Jacob Black.
I cannot wait for New Moon!!!!