Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

malaz wrote:
Edward-Bella-forever wrote: Yeah, I get you. Lol personally now, I think I stick to my old thoughts, I honestly think someone else should be playing Bella whose actually dedicated to actually wanting to play the role not just because "Oh my god, Rob is going to be playing Edward! Oh my god! I want that role! He's so hot!" Ok, now that's not what she said, but I can picture her probably saying that. And that's just very immature. I've always thought that another person, a better person should be playing the role. She doesn't fit the Bella character. :evil:
i think she did it for Rob too...
i mean, i was just re-watching the borders interview and her face when she says "...But i am glad that i did it...i am glad"
she said she wouldn't have done it but she's glad that she did.
and we all know Rob did the role of Edward for Kristen but that's another story...
Yeah, I knew that too as well. I'm just kinda pissed off, jealous as for one too, yeah.. but still thats so stupid! "Oh I'm only doing the role so I can work for him, (or her) for that matter!" I just think its really stupid because I think to play in this movie you need to be dedicated to it. Not over the cause of hormones! Lol Well, most likely the intimate parts will be good, because they both wanted the roles to work with each other! God get a room you two! No, wait, they already did. Hahaha damn, I'm still pissed! God.
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

I love how some of you don't acknowledge the fact that Rob hasn't been completely serious in his interviews either. If Rob says he wanted to be in the movie because of Kristen then it's cute and no big deal, but if Kristen says she wanted to be in the movie because of Rob then she's the worst person in the world and doesn't deserve to play Bella.

Please notice the word of JOKE. She said it as a JOKE. Some of you need to calm down and not take everything so seriously. It's not a crime to have a sense of humor in interviews. She's been asked these questions how many times? She was just trying to be funny so her response isn't boring and repeated.

I just love how most of you are hating on Kristen because she has a sense of humor and isn't as dedicated as some of you. It's pretty elitist of you.
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Miss Vengeance wrote:I love how some of you don't acknowledge the fact that Rob hasn't been completely serious in his interviews either. If Rob says he wanted to be in the movie because of Kristen then it's cute and no big deal, but if Kristen says she wanted to be in the movie because of Rob then she's the worst person in the world and doesn't deserve to play Bella.

Please notice the word of JOKE. She said it as a JOKE. Some of you need to calm down and not take everything so seriously. It's not a crime to have a sense of humor in interviews. She's been asked these questions how many times? She was just trying to be funny so her response isn't boring and repeated.

I just love how most of you are hating on Kristen because she has a sense of humor and isn't as dedicated as some of you. It's pretty elitist of you.
She didn't sound like she was joking. We can't automatically assume that something someone's says is put as a joke, who were we to assume that? And I had said that Rob had said that and I thought that that was a stupid reason to play in the movie just to work with her. I meant both of them, that they were stupid for playing in this particular movie, just to be acting with each other. I'm not saying their horrible people just because they did that, I'm just saying its pretty stupid to some of us twilight fans, who want the best for the movie and we don't want someone playing the characters just because they get to work with a certain person. I think you know the movie should be played out in a dedicated person, and not slack off. We want the best for the movie. Just not stupid reasons just to work together in a movie. This movie means so much, especially to me. All I was saying is the way they put their reasons for being in this movie, joke or not, their reasons were arrogant just to work with one another for this movie, when some of us want it to be seriously handled to come out as a great movie.
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

I can understand that you're passionate about the movie, but there is no justification in you taking it out on either of them. Both of them are dedicated to their roles and you must be stuck under a rock if you don't understand that. Maybe you weren't paying attention to the Borders interview, but she said herself that she has never worked so hard on a movie as much as she has on Twilight and she's glad that she did the movie.

So what if she comes off arrogant in interviews. I come off as arrogant when someone asks me a question when I'm under a lot of pressure. SHE'S NERVOUS. SHE'S UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE. She's trying her best to answer these questions as best as possible without making these uptight fans upset.

How do you know for a fact that they both didn't want to do the movie because they loved the story? You have no place to say that they don't deserve the roles because of a petty assumption you made. So if I were you, I'd stop assuming things and be grateful there's even a movie being made.

If you don't like who they chose then don't go see the movie then make your own movie and put some cheap actress in the role of Bella. Or even better, put yourself in Bella's place! Maybe then you'll be more grateful and not snotty about the entire thing.

Kristen wasn't chosen to make fans happy. She was chosen because she is an experienced actress who will be able to pull this role of successfully. Her attitude has nothing to do with her acting ability, so stop using her attitude as an excuse for your not thinking she deserves the role. It's pathetic.
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Miss Vengeance wrote:I can understand that you're passionate about the movie, but there is no justification in you taking it out on either of them. Both of them are dedicated to their roles and you must be stuck under a rock if you don't understand that. Maybe you weren't paying attention to the Borders interview, but she said herself that she has never worked so hard on a movie as much as she has on Twilight and she's glad that she did the movie.

So what if she comes off arrogant in interviews. I come off as arrogant when someone asks me a question when I'm under a lot of pressure. SHE'S NERVOUS. SHE'S UNDER A LOT OF PRESSURE. She's trying her best to answer these questions as best as possible without making these uptight fans upset.

How do you know for a fact that they both didn't want to do the movie because they loved the story? You have no place to say that they don't deserve the roles because of a petty assumption you made. So if I were you, I'd stop assuming things and be grateful there's even a movie being made.

If you don't like who they chose then don't go see the movie then make your own movie and put some cheap actress in the role of Bella. Or even better, put yourself in Bella's place! Maybe then you'll be more grateful and not snotty about the entire thing.

Not everyone can be the perfect person to you. Suck it up.
Obviously you took what I said entirely wrong. I think you're taking this WAY too seriously. I dont think she's a bad actress, and neither is Rob. I didn't even see the borders interview, I don't think. I've only watched some of them. I dont why you're being like that, I dont HATE her. You need to accept the fact of everyone's opinions. And alot of people said that she acted stuck up in some of the other interviews as well, its not just me. In some of them she did good interviews. All I was saying is people want the best out of the movie. And I know nobody is perfect. And you're making assumptions all over me. And you're not paying attention to what you're saying.
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

I never directed any of my responses to you personally, so I don't why you're acting like I'm making assumptions about YOU. I was making assumptions about the general group of people who are complaining about the stupidest things like her attitude in interviews. Aren't her acting skills the subject we should be focusing on? From the forum rules: "6. If you are going to critique an actor, please critique them on their performance of a character." It doesn't sound like you're doing that.

No, I'm not taking it too seriously. I'm just defending one of my favorite actresses like I would with any of my favorite bands, friends or whatever. It's a common reflex.

But I'm done with this thread, so whatever.
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Miss Vengeance wrote:Both of them are dedicated to their roles and you must be stuck under a rock if you don't understand that.

So if I were you, I'd stop assuming things and be grateful there's even a movie being made. If you don't like who they chose then don't go see the movie then make your own movie and put some cheap actress in the role of Bella. Or even better, put yourself in Bella's place! Maybe then you'll be more grateful and not snotty about the entire thing.

Her attitude has nothing to do with her acting ability, so stop using her attitude as an excuse for your not thinking she deserves the role. It's pathetic.
I am grateful that this movie is being made. And I'm not assuming anything. I've never said or thought she wasn't good enough for the role. I have my own opinions. And I am no where near snotty. And I find it hilarious that you said that you weren't making assumptions about me, or not taking it seriously, and now you are.

As for saying that I supposively "think" her attitude has something to do with her acting, well you're just wrong about that. You have your opinion and I have mine, so just leave it at that. You don't like my opinions thats perfectly fine, but you don't go around saying that I "assume" stuff that I didn't even say.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Miss Vengeance wrote:I love how some of you don't acknowledge the fact that Rob hasn't been completely serious in his interviews either. If Rob says he wanted to be in the movie because of Kristen then it's cute and no big deal, but if Kristen says she wanted to be in the movie because of Rob then she's the worst person in the world and doesn't deserve to play Bella.

Agreed! Id rather not start a huge thing over this- because i do respect everyone's opinions and what not; but i really can't stand by and let you guys think she was serious about the whole wanting to be in the movie cause of the "hott Rob" thing...seriously guys she was only joking. The way she answered in a sarcastic tone rolling her eyes- total giveaway to her joking. She was just egging the crowd on. I really don't think much of the actors' answers in response to the Q & A from Comic-Con should be taken into any kind of serious notation...the questions themselves were pretty lame if you ask me: "What's it like to portray a super hott vampire"??? anyone?? Seriously, much of the questions were in sarcasm themselves...

Kristen is a dedicated actress, and this being one of the turning point in her career as an actress, i seriously doubt she'd give that kind of lame reason for taking a role and MEAN it...she took the role because of her connection with the character- as she only takes roles based on that. Sure, she mentions that she also took the role because the screening with Rob went really well- and that is a very VALID reason to take a role. Because let's be honest, what better way to bring out a character than to have someone who helps you in that process? We all see it on the screen, they help each other bring out Edward and Bella

Not only that- but if you go look for interviews where Kristen is not infront of a huge crowd she's much more serious in her answers; she's even said herself that she hates talking to a large group of people, she gets really nervous. Thus, her sarcastic answers trying to relieve the tension a little bit. Anyone else notice her stuttering and her mentioning how nervous they were up there?

Kristen really isn't stuck up- to be honest i find her to be one of the most humble actresses out there, that's not something you really find. She tries to keep herself out of that whole Hollywood profile so her job won't get to her head. That's all she sees her acting career as- A JOB. You can just really tell that she has no means of using it as a social advantage and for fame purposes...If you think i'm wrong just go to youtube and get those one-on-one interviews with her from her previous movies and you'll see; she's much more comfortable and serious in her answers when not standing infront of 6,000 people with blazing spotlights....
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

deven wrote:i think she will do as pretty good job. the only complaint i have is that pictured bella more girly. but i think she will be a good bella and her and rob seem to have good chemistry. i am excited!
me too! although, im perfectly content with her anyway.
her voice slightly bothers me -- not in general (i do like kristen's voice) -- but as bella. idk, i didnt hear bella like this. i suppose that's because i heard bella with my voice (since i was reading), but stephenie says this is how she heard bellas voice and her word goes over mine, so im all for kristen.

woo!
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

mlola619 wrote:

Agreed! Id rather not start a huge thing over this- because i do respect everyone's opinions and what not; but i really can't stand by and let you guys think she was serious about the whole wanting to be in the movie cause of the "hott Rob" thing...seriously guys she was only joking. The way she answered in a sarcastic tone rolling her eyes- total giveaway to her joking. She was just egging the crowd on. I really don't think much of the actors' answers in response to the Q & A from Comic-Con should be taken into any kind of serious notation...the questions themselves were pretty lame if you ask me: "What's it like to portray a super hott vampire"??? anyone?? Seriously, much of the questions were in sarcasm themselves...

Kristen is a dedicated actress, and this being one of the turning point in her career as an actress, i seriously doubt she'd give that kind of lame reason for taking a role and MEAN it...she took the role because of her connection with the character- as she only takes roles based on that. Sure, she mentions that she also took the role because the screening with Rob went really well- and that is a very VALID reason to take a role. Because let's be honest, what better way to bring out a character than to have someone who helps you in that process? We all see it on the screen, they help each other bring out Edward and Bella

Not only that- but if you go look for interviews where Kristen is not infront of a huge crowd she's much more serious in her answers; she's even said herself that she hates talking to a large group of people, she gets really nervous. Thus, her sarcastic answers trying to relieve the tension a little bit. Anyone else notice her stuttering and her mentioning how nervous they were up there?

Kristen really isn't stuck up- to be honest i find her to be one of the most humble actresses out there, that's not something you really find. She tries to keep herself out of that whole Hollywood profile so her job won't get to her head. That's all she sees her acting career as- A JOB. You can just really tell that she has no means of using it as a social advantage and for fame purposes...If you think i'm wrong just go to youtube and get those one-on-one interviews with her from her previous movies and you'll see; she's much more comfortable and serious in her answers when not standing infront of 6,000 people with blazing spotlights....
I agree with you... thank you for pointing all of that out. I wasn't trying to make it into a big deal. But it got out of hand really quick, and I think it was just really childish that someone couldn't handle, or seem to handle someone's opinion. Regardless if they liked it or not. But yes, I agree with you.