Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by awesomejen1 »

I think Kristen Stewarts casting is one of my least favorite...I have only seen her in one movie, and I wasn't really impressed with her that much...and in the trailers so far, it's kind of this monotone drama school type acting. Like when they are in the house and she says "I'm not afraid of you" It seems so rehersed and dead...It will be interesting to see the whole movie with her, and I hope I can see her as Bella afterwards..though she doesn't seem to have the dedication to carry her through the series...she seems like the kind of actress who isn't going to want to be type-cast and thus, will not continue her role. Like she will want to do "serious" acting...We will see though, I hope I'm wrong because I hate actor switches in movie series (although in Dark Knight, it worked out well with the Katie Holmes/Maggie Gyllenhall switch, so maybe it could be good)
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
TS07
Settled in Forks

Post by TS07 »

ellybean wrote:I'am not sure what to think about Kristen...I think she is a really good actress, but when she is doing an interview or something she acts really wierd. I don't know if she gets nervous, but she kind of comes off as stuck-up. Has anyone noticed this? ha ha or is it just me?
I notice that too! When she does an interview she acts like she's nervous. The way I see it, she's a really good actress but maybe she's also shy in front of the camera at the same time. She looks like she doesn't like a whole lot of attention on her which I like because at least she's not one of those stuck up girls who likes to get up all in the camera and brag about herself constantly. Kristen seems to be just an average girl who knows that fame isn't everything you know? That's my opinon anyway.
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

kisten stewart is awesome and can act, she brings life to her character and im more than sure she's going to be able to do the same with bella. but i do think she's to :o (in a good way) for bella, shouldnt she be less pretty? but besides that- she is awesome! again.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
Edward-Bella-forever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward-Bella-forever »

vm1221 wrote:
Trisha wrote:I didn't enjoy her too much in the only movie I've seen her in, The Messengers. I think she has potential, but she kinda over does some things. Like in one of the trailers, she's accusing Edward of what she thinks he is...the way she says it irks me :oops:
She definitely, in my opinion, looks exactally like the girl I've pictured while reading the books. That's a plus.
I hope she does very well.
she deeeffiiinnateelly bothers me in the trailers.. haha.. im sorry.. im not a big kristen fan.. i think shes beautiful and very perfect for bella physically.. but ive already vocalized my opinion on her attitude in interviews... and i dont feel like she gets the feel of the book.. shes not as cute as bella is with edward from what i can tell in trailers.. theres this scene where edward takes her hand to dance and shes like SUPER serious "i dont dance"then she smiles this dry joyless smile..and then hes like "i could always make you" and she answers again,,, SUPPPEERR serious "im not afraid of you"

i dont know,.. mayb its just the way i pictured the lines being delivered in my head and the mood i set for certain scenes when i was reading but the trailers rly bother me...
I agree, even though I don't picture her as Bella.. even now since the movie is made. Lol Idk, who I pictured, honestly I didn't picture Rob as Edward, everyone else kinda seems in place. I have nothin wrong with either one; Kristen or Rob (of course not him) :D they can act though, and I think they'll do a great job in the movie as well, its just not what I had pictured the characters as. But yeah, I agree with you vm1221. :)
"And he smiled my favorite crooked smile..."Image
Old username known as: Edward_and_Bella_forever
Heroes: "Save the cheerleader. Save the world."
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

Like I've mentioned before, I really didn't think of too many different actors when I was reading the book, probably because I was so into the story and stuff. When I saw the photos though, I really liked Kristen in this role. The clips that they've shown just confirm my thoughts that she's great for this even more. I liked a lot of her previous work, and think this could be right up her alley.
HisSpiderMonkey
Settled in Forks

Post by HisSpiderMonkey »

I think Kristen Stewart is a great actress, but she is WAY too manly to play Bella. Her voice is too deep and she doesn't seem as dainty as Bella is protrayed in the book. Even when she was in Panic Room I kept thinking to myself "I feel so bad for that little boy with asthma". She's very MAN-ish. Not Bella-ish.

I also hate watching her in interviews. She seems shy, but she also has this thing of making fun of the fans. Calling them Twi-Nerds and all that. Get over yourself.

EDIT

I just googled the word TwiNerd and apparently it's used alot. MY BAD. I still don't think she's right to play Bella. Hopefully once I see it in November sHE'll prove me wrong.

Edward Pattinson on the other hand? SWOOOOON!!!
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

Alright. I still am not quite sure of this casting. I don't DISLIKE Kristen, I think she'll do a good job playing the plain-Jane Bella that we know and love. But, sometimes, I feel as if she's almost too pretty. I mean, have you seen the magazine cover that her and Rob shot? She looks better than him! (Sad day :( ) But, perhaps, this is intentional so that then they can make movies of all 4 of the books and she can be a super-hot vampire....to make myself feel better, I'll just assume that's the reason for casting her. Again, don't get me wrong, she's a good actress and from what I've seen from the trailers and shorts scenes and whatnot, she IS a good Bella. Just a little on the not so unnoticeable side. Any thoughts/comments/concerns?
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

WishIWasACullen wrote:Alright. I still am not quite sure of this casting. I don't DISLIKE Kristen, I think she'll do a good job playing the plain-Jane Bella that we know and love. But, sometimes, I feel as if she's almost too pretty. I mean, have you seen the magazine cover that her and Rob shot? She looks better than him! (Sad day :( ) But, perhaps, this is intentional so that then they can make movies of all 4 of the books and she can be a super-hot vampire....to make myself feel better, I'll just assume that's the reason for casting her. Again, don't get me wrong, she's a good actress and from what I've seen from the trailers and shorts scenes and whatnot, she IS a good Bella. Just a little on the not so unnoticeable side. Any thoughts/comments/concerns?
I am very optimistic that Kristen will be a fine Bella. The books don't say Bella is down right ugly or drop-dead gorgeous, just on the more ordinary side...kind of the middle of the road. In the books preceding BD, Bella goes through a lot emotionally and physically so they can definitely make Kristen look more on the homely side than she actually is..then after the big
change, they can make her a super-hot vampire chick..that is the beauty of movie magic!
happy_alice
Settled in Forks

Post by happy_alice »

She has the looks, that's for sure. She looks almost exactly how I pictured Bella. It's just her voice that gets to me. Too deep.....but she's still a good Bella.
The sun one day will break out of the clouds and forever silence the darkness. All we have to do is be happy.

~happy_alice
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

About the voice thing- SM said herself that she sounds like Bella in her head- that her voice just sounds like Bella to her. So as long as SM says that i'm fine with her voice
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...