Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
EdwardsOtherLove
Settled in Forks

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by EdwardsOtherLove »

Go Kristen!
Last edited by EdwardsOtherLove on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

EdwardsOtherLove wrote:The first, is she is not what I have visioned in my head as Bella.
Do you mean physically? Which actress did you envision playing her instead?
I did see the trailer, and she just didn't seem to "BE" Bella (in looks, in energy, or in actions).
It's too bad that you judge her interpretation of the character from a few seconds of screen time. Sometimes a trailer and a movie end up looking totally different - the trailer is edited as all getout, and is designed to get people's attention.

Lots of people have seen the whole movie and not liked her performance. But I don't see what you have to comment on if a trailer is all you're going on.

Image Image
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

Yeah. I think it is a little unfair to judge her based on just the trailer. I don't mind that people see the movie and thus base their opinions on her performance in it's entirety, but to say you know you don't like her from just a few seconds... it seems a bit pretentious.

However, I don't think you should see the movie if you are already set on not liking it. If or when you do decide to watch it, I hope you can do so with an open mind, and be able to make a fair judgment based on the move (not just her performance) as a whole. One thing that really bothers me is when people say one actor or actress ruined an entire movie single-handedly. A lot goes into making a movie, and no single person can make or break an entire production. They can add or detract from it, but to imply that they hold complete responsibility for whatever opinion you have about the film is both outrageous and unfair.

That is all. For now.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

"For now." <--that reminds me of the movie! "Is it not enough just to live a long and happy life with me?"

Anyway, EdwardsOtherLove, I am not in any way bothered about you not caring for KStew. But you took all the time to post in her thread just to say, "I'm not watching Twilight because of her," so I was hoping for a meaningful explanation. I like to hear what people interpreted when watching the same movies as me, and I like different opinions just as much as similar ones, because it can be very interesting. I like seeing things from other people's perspectives. But since you haven't even seen it...well it just makes me think you just wasted a lot of time coming into her thread, because you haven't added anything.

Image Image
EdwardsOtherLove
Settled in Forks

ForJazz926 wrote:"For now." <--that reminds me of the movie! "Is it not enough just to live a long and happy life with me?"

Anyway, EdwardsOtherLove, I am not in any way bothered about you not caring for KStew. But you took all the time to post in her thread just to say, "I'm not watching Twilight because of her," so I was hoping for a meaningful explanation. I like to hear what people interpreted when watching the same movies as me, and I like different opinions just as much as similar ones, because it can be very interesting. I like seeing things from other people's perspectives. But since you haven't even seen it...well it just makes me think you just wasted a lot of time coming into her thread, because you haven't added anything.
Oh! Now you tell me. I thougth that this was a place to state MY OPINION. But I guess not. I won't let that mistake happen again. :shock:
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

EdwardsOtherLove wrote:Oh! Now you tell me. I thougth that this was a place to state MY OPINION. But I guess not. I won't let that mistake happen again. :shock:
Last time I checked it still was. I don't remember being disrespectful, either...but I kept waiting for discussion. I didn't get one.

Actually what you said is like, the most polite form of bashing possible. The thread is for discussion. If someone just comes in here and says, "KStew sucks I hate her she's a !#@#$," then that's an obvious bash. Someone else might say, "I agree - I really dislike her acting the movie - it bothers me when she does this part because I think she should have done this instead." That's strong dislike, yes - but at least there is an explanation in order to provoke discussion. You were very polite, yes...but you didn't add anything to the discussion - you just stated your dislike for her. Why even bother being negative if you don't want to talk about it?

Image Image
EdwardsOtherLove
Settled in Forks

I am more than willing to discuss it, but I think you should have read my entire post. You are focusing on my first part of I don't see her as Bella.

While the trailer wasn't my ONLY reason, as I at one time had posted, it was A reason. I even said that I fully don't understand it myself, but hope that once I have had more time "out of the books", that I can see the film, and accept KS as Bella.

I will try to put into words, why she isn't what I visioned for Bella, but please remember, that it is more a feeling. First of all, look wise, I think she is pretty close, so I don't think that is it. I think the best way to explain it is that she doesn't have Bella's essence. At least in MY OPINION. That could be an effect of interviews I have seen, photos, or anything. But you don't always know what all has influenced your decisions or feelings.

And if I went to see it, and I didnt' change the way that I felt about her, then it would never turn to a positive experience for me. So again, I think it best to wait, and see if once I am away from the books for a while that I can accept her as Bella. I just don't want the film to ruin the books for me. Can you understand that?

Again - I understand that this isn't totally rational, but it is the way I feel. I
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

I read your whole post - please don't interpret my reading comprehension for me.

This post made a lot more sense, so thanks for taking the time. I get what you're trying to say, totally. It makes sense. Actually, since you mentioned Harry Potter...I think I had the same thing going on in that movie. It took away a bit from my experience because I really thought they got Harry wrong. But now I think Daniel Radcliffe is doing better...anyway...I digress.

My only issue before was with the fact that you purposely came to the actors thread, then purposely found Kristen's, and then all you said was that you won't see the movie because of her. It seemed really unnecessarily negative - like if a troll came to the twilight board just to say that twilight stinks. You know?

Image Image
Heart_in_Hand

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

ForJazz926 wrote:"For now." <--that reminds me of the movie! "Is it not enough just to live a long and happy life with me?"

You know? I happen to have seen that movie! LOL! I think I actually use that statement a lot ever since I saw the movie. I didn't realize until just now that that Twilight has had any effect on my daily vocab! :lol:

:shock: Just realized:
Just so there are no misinterpretations, that comment was only in response to the quoted post. I already said my piece about Edwardsotherlove's posts, and this was not an attack on them in anyway. I'm serious here. I mean, the comment was meant to be sarcastic... but only in a humorous way in responding to ForJazz. No malicious intent at all, ok?
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
Devious Cullen

Post by Devious Cullen »

EdwardsOtherLove, I'm sad that you feel you can't go see the movie yet. Because for any twilight fan, it is an awesome experience seeing them up on screen, whether you end up liking it or not. We have to wait until April to get the DVD, which I am bummed about. I am hankering to watch it again! So I can focus on all the little things from the book that aren't explained in the movie, but we see them as fans.

I hope Kristen has a more enjoyable filming experience this time round, not having to have limited time on set because of her age and school requirements. I think this will add to her performance (and the rest of the cast too) because she will get to spend more time with them. In Twilight her stand-in would have been doing a lot of her off camera work for the other actors - to deliver their lines in closeups and what not. That would have effected everyone, especially Rob because of their chemistry.