Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Heart_in_Hand
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan

Post by Heart_in_Hand »

DarkMuse wrote:I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but the threads created in the Cast List are for discussion of the actors themselves, not just them as their characters or how they acted in the movie. The reason they have "Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan" is just to let people know which character she played in the movie. If you look at the first post by the Admins or Mods that created the threads it says something like "A place to discuss Kristen" or "Discuss all things Robert". I checked on that before posting this just to be sure. Feel free to check it out yourself.

*runs and hides behind Rob*

Please don't hurt me. I'm just trying to be helpfull.
sachael wrote:we can discuss all about Kstew here! just like how we discuss jackson, kellan, Rob and other actors... FYI..

*being a stup!d rule guard again... LOL*

oopppss kris already noted it... hahaha..
and btw.. almost ready for the next thread...
I love how I made a really long post about how these negative feelings should be forgotten, and yet everyone focuses on the one thing that held very little meaning to me. If you want to talk about Kristen, do it. My point was that you don't know her, and so it would make a lot more sense to keep your comments about her limited to her performace, rather than her personality. At least that is something we have seen with our own eyes, and can therefore fairly judge.

Did nobody understand that this kind of arguementation is exactly what I was trying to avoid? You pick the one thing in my post that you can bicker about, and comment on that rather than address the real isuue I was trying to get across. I don't want to argue, so this is what I have to say about these replies. Fine. Go ahead and discuss all the wonderful and horible things you don't know about Kristen Stewart. Talk away my friends.
"Don't be afraid. We belong together."

..."Forever."
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I don't know her nor do I pretend to know her. I just know what I've heard her say (either in video or print interviews) or what those around her have said (like her dad). She put it out there and now we are discussing it... I don't understand what is so wrong about that...

It would be nice to see some more positive articles about her, or interviews. I would love it if someone would post links to such interviews... or point to me to ones that have been posted...
Last edited by roseaurora on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I agree with you, shinyredvolvo. I get really sick of people picking on her for every little thing. I think too many people are way too used to the plastic smiles on all of the other Disney-type actors her age, and that's why they complain about her looking "bored." I think people should leave her alone instead of speculating on what's going on inside of her head and painting it all negative.

Image Image
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

roseaurora:

there is a bunch of videos from this interview on mtv. Im sure you have already seen it, but she talks about how she loved the script and book and how she would have felt if she wasn't cast in the movie.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/317151 ... Id=1581588

Oh and thank you ForJazz926!!!!!
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Yay for shinyredvolvo!! You are like our personal sun in what is becoming a very bleak depression. lol
Last edited by ForJazz926 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Forgive me for saying so, Heart_In_Hand, but it seems as though it is you who are seeking something worth bickering about. In fact, I found your last post to be somewhat bitter and snide. Your sarcasm was not lost on me, but might I say that I think you judge most of us and our comments here much too harshly.

Kristen did play an integral role in a very big movie, and whether she and the rest of the cast realized how big it was going to be or not, part of her chosen profession is to deal with interviewers and fans. So, while none of us on here profess to know Kristen, and none of us is going to say we fully understand her thoughts or actions, we can comment on how her actions and words make her appear to us. It is inevitable that, when discussing an actor or actress's part in a movie, discussion naturally extends to how that person's "real life" persona affects our viewing of their performance. Therefore, I don't see that talking about the things we've seen of her "with our own eyes" as you put it, is off-topic. I don't know who Kristen is as a person. But I can formulate an OPINION about her based on the myriad interviews I've seen and read in which she is the focus.

I also don't profess to know Bella or Edward, but is it okay for me to talk about them?

This thread isn't a newspaper or magazine. We don't publish news here or write biographies. What we DO is share our personal opinions on a given actor or actress. This is the point of the thread. If we all just came in and said "I don't know Kristen, so I have no thoughts on her," there would be no point in having this forum.
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

slightlyobsessed wrote:I also don't profess to know Bella or Edward, but is it okay for me to talk about them?
Haha! Oh snap! That comment made me giggle. Good one.

I don't have any problem with the discussion - it's just a little sad to me when people take opinion to the level of judgement, without any effort to understand things from her perspective. Opinions are natural, so is discussion. I just wish assumption wasn't. :|

Image Image
Devious Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Devious Cullen »

Call for interviews? There are two great ones here: http://www.bordersmedia.com/twilight/

The first is a red carpet one with a great Kristen part. Then just below on the right you will see one of Kristen and Rob together. Watch them both.
shinyredvolvo
Settled in Forks

Post by shinyredvolvo »

Devious Cullen, thank you for posting those interviews.

In the 1st one she seems really happy about being apart of that film and loves the fans. I think the thing that makes me a little upset is when Rob said "they scream a lot" about the fans, Im sure that made fans happy yet if Kristen said that, Im sure everyone would have been pissed as if she was talking bad about them. Even tho neither would have meant a thing by it. Just stating a fact. Just like she was stating a fact that people ask her what its like to kiss Edward Cullen all the time.

In the 2nd interview they both just seem really easy going. It seems they are just really into their job and acting more then they are into talking about how big the movie is or vampires. Yet, I can't say since I dont know them.

I enjoyed watching both of them as Edward and Bella and I feel they have a chemistry that really worked for the awkward, young, dark love they have in Twilight.
the color Edwards car would be if Alice picked it out
TJHoag
Settled in Forks

Post by TJHoag »

I personally did not picture Bella looking like Kristen. My mental image was different, however I think Kristen did a fine job portraying Bella. I have only seen one other movie that Kristen was in and to be honest I didn't even know it was her until I was seeing what else she has played in. I hope she does just as good in NM and the rest of the saga as she did in Twilight.

TJHoag