Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Re: Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen

Post by fanMNM »

mizzou wrote:i keep going to blockbusters looking for 'can't hardly wait' and no one seems to have them aggh. lol
I hope you find it! It's a pretty funny movie...and as far as Peter can get from Carlisle!!! It was difficult for me to see him as Carlisle at first because in my head, he was the jerk ex-boyfriend in Can't Hardly Wait! Thank goodness he did such a great job playing Carlisle and I was able to adjust my image of him in my head :)

Thank you Naureen!!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

slightlyobsessed wrote:For anyone who's interested, I just found Peter and Jenny's interview on Chelsea Handler's show.

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v12284700 ... nelli.html

(I think I like him as a blonde more.)
Thank you so much for posting that, SlightlyObsessed. I missed it when it was on and I hadn't gotten a chance to see it yet. They are soooooo cute together!!! But, yeah, like him as a blonde so much more.... Yummmmmmmm!!!!

EDIT: Can I just add how much I adore the fact that, whenever Peter starts talking about Jennie, he says, "My wife..." "So, my wife says..." or "Well my wife is..." That is just so damned adorable!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
mizzou
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mizzou »

for those who want to see peter as a character totally different from carlisle, 'Can't Hardly Wait' will be on FX Tuesday morning at 9:00 am central time. :D
I met Ashley Greene & Peter Facinelli on February 7, 2009. :D
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

mizzou - Thanks for the info! I will probably watch it despite the fact that I own it. Lol. I can't help it. I friggin love that movie. I find it difficult to accept the fact that it is supposed to be the graduation of highschool in 1998. I graduated that same year. I feel so old. Lol. And also, I'm guessing you go to Mizzou? I'm from St. Louis...so I was curious.

I saw the Chelsea Handler show the night it was on and the repeat. I totally and completely ADORE Peter! He is so friggin cute and all husbandy. It's great. I, too, had him pictured as 'Mike Dexter' when I went to see Twilight, but that quickly changed the second he walked through the doors. Good Lord!
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
mizzou

Post by mizzou »

ahah that interview with chelsea handler was pretty funny. i've watched it soo many times on my dvr. it seems like peter is a somewhat regular guest on her show or so..

yeah i am going to mizzou next year. and i am from st. louis as well. representing twilight in the midwest haha.
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

mizzou wrote:for those who want to see peter as a character totally different from carlisle, 'Can't Hardly Wait' will be on FX Tuesday morning at 9:00 am central time. :D
I'll be at school so i can't watch it! :( But i did get to see him on THe Unfinished Affair which came on the 28th.
ImageImageImage
mizzou

Post by mizzou »

what is that movie about? i have never heard of it. and...does anyone know when his showtime series..nurse jackie premieres?
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

mizzou wrote:what is that movie about? i have never heard of it. and...does anyone know when his showtime series..nurse jackie premieres?

From IMDB:
Art professor Alex (Matheson) had an affair with student Sheila (Garth) because he thought he lost his wife (Young) to cancer. But then his wife goes into complete remission, and he dumps Sheila. However, Sheila won't take no for an answer, and she plots revenge against this man. First, she doesn't give back his painting. Second, she tries to seduce his son (Facinelli). There's even a murder of a paroled inmate that somehow gets mixed up in the plot. Not to mention a visit by the Naturalization and Immigration Dept.

I"t's a pretty good movie. It was made in 1996 so Peter is pretty young. The actress that plays Shelia is Jennie Garth who Peter is now married too! The met on the set of the movie. As for Nurse Jackie I think it premiers this summer. Too bad I don't have Showtime:(:(:(:(:(. I was really hoping to see him as another doctor.
ImageImageImage
mizzou

Post by mizzou »

oo i'll definitely have to check that movie out then. that's interesting garth is in it too..i just figured they met at some celeb party haha. and yeah it'll be interesting to see him so young...he still looks young now though...haha

not til summer?? daaaang, well i guess it's coming soon enough.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

So, given the discussion of Peter's previous films, I have to ask if anyone here is a fan of The Scorpion King? When Twilight came out, I was obsessed (weren't we all?!?! but I digress) with the fact that I knew I had seen Carlisle somewhere before, but I just couldn't place where! It was sooo frustrating. Then one night, I am watching Scorpion King ( the prequel I guess to the Mummy films) on FX and WHAM!!!! there it is. He plays a total prick, but he looks like such a baby. I swear he looks about 17, but it was made in 2002, I think. It is the dark hair that throws me, as I think his natural dark brown was dyed closer to black for the role.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS