Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen

Post by Pel »

A place to discuss Peter
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Re: Peter Facinelli as Carlisle Cullen

Post by save-the-wetlands »

I think he's totally awesome for the part of Carlisle!
He was great in The Scorpion King!
All the interviews he's done are really good. Some of the question I would think Carlisle would actually say.
Yeah, I think he's going to be great! A lot of people think differently.
God, I can't wait till the movie comes out!!
ImageImageImage
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

I loved him in Fastlane and even his supporting part in Scorpion King. I think he looks amazing as Carlisle and as said above, his interviews and the behind the scenes footage I've seen have been very promising. He looks like he could be the Father of a powerful Vegetarian Vampire Coven. :ugeek:
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

Oh My God.

He is like, the perfect Carlisle.

God, just everything about him.

Especially the scarves.

Gotta love 'em. <3
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Yeah, the scarves were a great character choice and I saw him wearing them in his normal clothing too. Plus, he chose to wear his Cullen Emblem they have in the movie as a Ring like Esme, which is like wedding rings. So like something Carlisle would do.
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
theowlette
Settled in Forks

Post by theowlette »

I just realized he was Mike Dexter in Can't Hardly Wait. My husband loves that movie, and makes me watch it with him periodically. I pictured Carlisle a little differenly, but we all have different pictures in our heads of what characters and settings look like. That's what is great about books!
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

The fact that I can only picture Peter Facinelli as Mike Dexter from "Can't Hardly Wait" is tainting my perception of his role as Carlisle. He "looks" the part, but I'll just have to judge for myself when I watch the movie to see if he "acts" the part. Don't get me wrong. I think he's great. He just doesn't seem "Carlisle" to me.
"What fools these mortals be!"
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

Peter looks exactly like the Carlisle that I imagined. He definitely looks fatherly and from what I have heard he has been taking his role pretty seriously. I can't wait to see his portrayal of Carlisle.
save-the-wetlands
Learning to Love Green

Post by save-the-wetlands »

nikie_nikz wrote:The fact that I can only picture Peter Facinelli as Mike Dexter from "Can't Hardly Wait" is tainting my perception of his role as Carlisle. He "looks" the part, but I'll just have to judge for myself when I watch the movie to see if he "acts" the part. Don't get me wrong. I think he's great. He just doesn't seem "Carlisle" to me.
Really? I will have go check out that movie. When I watched him The Scorpion King, I kept trying to yell "your suppose to be blonde!"
The podcast he did with Twilight Theroy series was really good. It seemed that he was THE perfect Carlisle. I don't think Henry Cavill could look the part as well as Peter. As someone said earlier the scarves were nice. the Cullen crest ring he had on was pretty cool.
During the scene at the hospital, after Bella almost gets hit by the truck will he be wearing scrubs or a lab coat like thing?
ImageImageImage
nikie_nikz
Wandering Through Town

Post by nikie_nikz »

save-the-wetlands wrote:
nikie_nikz wrote:The fact that I can only picture Peter Facinelli as Mike Dexter from "Can't Hardly Wait" is tainting my perception of his role as Carlisle. He "looks" the part, but I'll just have to judge for myself when I watch the movie to see if he "acts" the part. Don't get me wrong. I think he's great. He just doesn't seem "Carlisle" to me.
Really? I will have go check out that movie. When I watched him The Scorpion King, I kept trying to yell "your suppose to be blonde!"
The podcast he did with Twilight Theroy series was really good. It seemed that he was THE perfect Carlisle. I don't think Henry Cavill could look the part as well as Peter. As someone said earlier the scarves were nice. the Cullen crest ring he had on was pretty cool.
During the scene at the hospital, after Bella almost gets hit by the truck will he be wearing scrubs or a lab coat like thing?
I loved him in "Can't Hardly Wait", and since that was the first and last movie I ever saw him in, I can't picture him as being anything else. While watching "Twilight", I'll just be waiting for him to to say out of nowhere, "Aman-DUH!" LOL. Watch "Cant Hardly Wait". You'll understand what I mean afterwards.

This is just from my observation, but doctor's generally wear white lab coats, while nurses and others wear scrubs. Lab coats must be earned, and are representative of someone's status.
"What fools these mortals be!"