Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sparker
Wandering Through Town

Re: Liz Reaser as Esme Cullen

Post by sparker »

I hope they bring her back! She is such an underrated actress, Juliard bred and anyone else wouldn't have been able to portray Esme as completely back as she did with minimal lines. Kidman would've pouted like a porcelain doll hogging the screen attention.
Reaser is good at balancing between primary roles and secondary roles. She gets your attention, but doesn't take the focus away from Rob and Kristen as the focal point. That is rare in this business, to find someone who can shine like Reaser and still be part of an ensemble cast.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^Agreed! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I'm still not sure whether I liked her as Esme or not. Her character was good, but I just didn't really the actress.

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

sparker wrote:I hope they bring her back! She is such an underrated actress, Juliard bred and anyone else wouldn't have been able to portray Esme as completely back as she did with minimal lines. Kidman would've pouted like a porcelain doll hogging the screen attention.
Reaser is good at balancing between primary roles and secondary roles. She gets your attention, but doesn't take the focus away from Rob and Kristen as the focal point. That is rare in this business, to find someone who can shine like Reaser and still be part of an ensemble cast.
I agree with you completly. But, I still would have liked to see more of her and also the rest of the Cullens. Summit could have made the movie longer to incorporate the Cullens and their backgrounds more. I thought they did a great job with her hair and makeup. She had the exact body type, loving face, and carmel hair color, that I pictured from how SM described in the book and looked pale, but not ghostly like some of the others.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

i thought she did pretty well . . . she was EXACTLY how I picture her in the books, except was that her when they showed Carlisle biting esme? because she looked like a man and absolutely horrific.

then again, I suppose she could have been ugly before her transformation.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

She was also nearly dead... so I don't think you can blame her for not looking her best! :lol:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
kissmecarlisle
Settled in Forks

Post by kissmecarlisle »

Loved her as Esme! My favorite line at the end of the kitchen scene when Carlisle and her turn and she tells Rosalie and Emmett to clean up the glass. You can see she is the motherly figure in the house. Great casting choice!
Carlisle...why can't you be real?
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

When I saw her in the pictures, I thought that she looked a bit stand-offish and too perfect, but after seeing the film, I saw that she has a nice personality.

She doesn't look how I imagined, but she's motherly and kind.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I saw her on the Ex-list before seeing the Twilight movie and I was having my doubts, but then in the movie I thought she did a wonderful job portraying Esme.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
PingWing
Wandering Through Town

Post by PingWing »

I couldn't agree more, she's the perfect Esme!

When i see her, i always have a warm mother-feeling. Plus she's like 'the cool mum'. Her "Here comes the Humaaan..!" totally cracked me up. :D Also the "I know you cheat" (to Emmett). She really is like the glue of the family, bringing warmth and happiness for all... :)

Have I Found You, Flightless Bird?