Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Billy Burke as Charlie Swan

Post by The Dark Knight »

I hope he keeps doing this role...can you imagine when he trys to do the "Sex Talk" with Bella. how funny will that be...a man of few words having to speak of such a "Fun Topic." I know it's been fun for me... :D

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
Dragonfly
Settled in Forks

Post by Dragonfly »

LOVED Billy Burke as Charlie. Perfect! My husband glared at me through most of the movie muttering things about 'vampire chick flicks' but I caught him smiling a few times during the Charlie scenes :lol: He was awesome!
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I think he acted Charlie well, but he looks NOTHING like how I pictured Charlie! Which makes me sad, but you win some you lose some, I guess.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I just have to say that I loved his Charlie 100 times more than book Charlie. He got the best one-liners of the movie. :lol:
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

The Dark Knight wrote:I hope he keeps doing this role...can you imagine when he trys to do the "Sex Talk" with Bella. how funny will that be...a man of few words having to speak of such a "Fun Topic." I know it's been fun for me... :D
When I first read that part in the book I had to put it down I was laughing so hard. Actually, I figured out why Edward had smiled at Bella before Bella figured it out and I laughed so hard I cried. I just did it again reading this post. Billy's version of Charlie is so much better than the book that I'm not sure how I will survive that part when I see it on the big screen. :lol:

Oh yeah and Billy is trying to get a higher spot on IMDb.com's STARmeter. He's requesting people that follow him on Twitter check out his page. Here are his tweets. If anyone on here isn't following him, he's pretty funny. (i.e. saying "RobPatz was looking especially darling tonite")

billy_burke: I wonder what would happen if EVERYONE following me right now hit my stupid ****in' imdb page for a straight 72 hours?????..... (had to edit a word cause he gots a potty mouth :lol:)

billy_burke: Jus fer fun.... let's see shall we?? www.imdb.com/name/nm0121605/
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I love Billy as Charlie... He can pull a face that is as I imagined charlie would look and he is funny...
He is really good at the akward moments...
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Wolfess
Settled in Forks

Post by Wolfess »

Hali wrote:As a daddy's girl, I have such a soft spot for Charlie and Billy Burke just doesn't tug at my heart strings. I literally pictured an actor, Kyle Chandler, while I was reading the books. ...
OMG! Hali what a superb choice for Charlie! I'm a bit of a "Friday Night Lights" fan and Kyle Chandler is pretty much my favorite TV Father/Husband! He would've been absolutely lovely as Charlie.

That said, I do really like Billy Burke as Charlie, no he's really not what I first pictured when reading the book, but I think he brought something interesting to the role. So I can appreciate him, most definitely. He's brought the right amount of awkward to Charlie. I haven't read the first book in a long time, but hadn't it been a good amount of time before Bells came back to Forks to live with him? So I imagine he would be a little distant, a little unsure, a little awkward around his teenage daughter. And Billy brings that in spades. He's a lovely actor. I'm glad he was cast even if he wasn't the first guy that came to my mind when trying to picture Charlie. :D He makes me enjoy the character that much more.
~ Wolfess

"Vampires. Gets funnier every time I hear it." - Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

I loved Billy as Charlie. He's perfect at being an awkward father figure.

I also loved the scene before he meets Edward:

"Bring him in." Then he does that move with the gun. Heh.
Wolfess
Settled in Forks

Post by Wolfess »

Cleaning his shotgun and then pulling that little move was pure gold! :)
~ Wolfess

"Vampires. Gets funnier every time I hear it." - Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
TeAm_EdWaRd
Wandering Through Town

Post by TeAm_EdWaRd »

Wolfess wrote:Cleaning his shotgun and then pulling that little move was pure gold! :)
You mean that 'angel' move around his head? If yes, wasn't that one of the cutest scenes in the movie? That was so sweet, so precious! :D Billy totally rocks as Charlie... :)