Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MrsEdwardCullen4Ever
Settled in Forks

Re: Gil Birmingham as Billy Black

Post by MrsEdwardCullen4Ever »

Looks like i pictured Billy. Maybe not exactly how, but close enough. But who else was overly pissed when he was driving the truck!?! can't happen.!
"Isabella Swan I promise to love you foever. Every single day of forever.Will You Marry Me?"
LoveEmmettCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by LoveEmmettCullen »

Not how I imagined Billy at all. I imagined him to be a fat/big guy with a few strands of Grey hair, some wrinkles
on his face and for his wheelchair to take up an unusually large amount of room. Actually, I didn't imagine him
to be big, just a bit chubby around the cheeks.
But overall, he did a good job at playing Billy in the movie. Charlie and Billy's relationship in the book wasn't as
strong, but in the movie, I think they made their bond closer, which is good. He really suits long hair, but Jacob
not as much.
Team Edward? Team Jacob? Phfftt... Team Emmett!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I pictured him with a very different face and almost completely grey hair .. . but his face suits it better.
For some reason I pictured him as like this bikey guy with a silver beard and leather jacket. obviosuly I prefer my version of him!

Nah, I give him 9.8/10 (lose marks for driving)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

Gil looks exactly what I imagined Billy to look like. But he was so much more fun/funny character on screen. Still had the stern look when he needed it. Like others have said - he is great with the "stink eye."
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Despite what other people are saying, I believe Gil did great as Billy Black. He was fairly close to the Billy I imagined when I was reading. I also liked how they showed Charlie pushing Billy in the wheelchair to show emphasis. Some of my friends who had not read the book before seeing the movie still understood the situation with Billy quickly, so I think Catherine did very well with the movie.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Post by kimbatron »

I think he was perfect for the character of Billy.

As for the driving thing? They can always convert cars to be driven without using pedals for people who can't use their legs.
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

I think he did AMAZINGLY. I was a little irked with the driving, though. I know that they can modify vehicles for impaired individualys, but Stephenie clearly stated in the book description that he couldn't drive. I was like GRRRR! And I found an old interview with Taylor where he was saying he got his license and he was SO excited to drive in the movie, yet he was ALWAYS in the passenger seat. Guess he scared Gil! xD
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
kimbatron
Settled in Forks

Post by kimbatron »

I don't think the scene where Edward and Billy filthy look each other would have worked if they werent both in the drivers seats hahaha, I can imagine Billy leaning over Jacob driving, filthy looking him, wouldn't quite have worked! lol
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Overall, he was how I pictured Billy.

I pictured him a little bigger, but he still fit my overview .

He fits the part.
Laina
Settled in Forks

Post by Laina »

I imagined more wrinkles, but hey, I'm not going to deduct points for youthful skin! :P

Although he wasn't on screen much I think he was perfect, hope to see him more in NM!