Solomon Trimble as Sam Uley in Twilight

Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Re: Solomon Trimble as Sam Uley

Post by sarah! »

is he going to be sam in nm too?? i heard that he wasnt. :(
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
bkny
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bkny »

sarah! wrote:is he going to be sam in nm too?? i heard that he wasnt. :(

i think he is....i dont think they will try to change actors...
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I have to admit that I didn't think he looked old enough or big enough to be Sam...I guess in my mind Sam has always been so huge because his role is such a huge one in the pack. He's even the biggest wolf until Jacob outgrows him...I just didn't see it...but I was glad Taylor is returning so I am glad he will be too...I like the idea of keeping everything and everyone the same...

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

Yeah, I agree he doesn't look as big as I imagined Sam - and especially now with Taylor beefing up so much... not that I'm complaining, lol!
But I love the Lexicon interviews for this guy - he's so into the character - learning Quileute and writing that amazing poem for Emily...
I'll be so sad if they don't find a way to include him at all - I kinda heart him, lol!
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
~*teamswitzerland*~
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by ~*teamswitzerland*~ »

Taylor Lautner. (drool.) That is all. :)
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

~*teamswitzerland*~ wrote:http://www.newmoonmovie.org/2009/02/nat ... -uley-out/

You guys think it's true? :(
Do you mean this bit in particular:

"However, in a film with such a strong Native American theme, only two actors of Native American decent were hired. But due to reasons unknown, Solomon Trimble (Apache) who played and established the character of Sam Uley, has suddenly lost his role.

Sam Uley’s character has been re-posted onto the Hollywood-casting breakdown, and it is obvious that Hollywood is now looking for a more marketable teen heartthrob celebrity actor to play the more substantial and very desirable part."

I'll be so sad not to see Solomon in NM - seriously, if Taylor can beef up to realistically pull off a werewolf Jacob, then Solomon should be included somewhere - even if it's maybe as Quil or Paul or even Seth!

I think there needs to be a Team Solomon! Who wants an avatar?!
Lorabell

-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

What? The casting people should read this thread. Even if Solomon isn't 'marketable', he's a great actor, really dedicated to his role, and quite a few of the girls on here think he's a heart-throb :D

It could just be another rumour, but it sounds quite official. I hate it when they change actors. I can't personally see anything wrong with Solomon - if they let Taylor keep his role, you'd think they'd let a more minor character keep his role.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

-Jasper wrote:What? The casting people should read this thread. Even if Solomon isn't 'marketable', he's a great actor, really dedicated to his role, and quite a few of the girls on here think he's a heart-throb :D

It could just be another rumour, but it sounds quite official. I hate it when they change actors. I can't personally see anything wrong with Solomon - if they let Taylor keep his role, you'd think they'd let a more minor character keep his role.
I think maybe the casting people are keeping their options open - perhaps even waiting to see if fans will react to Solomon being replaced, like they did with Taylor?
I'm seriously starting a Team Solomon - please share: www.myspace.com/team_solomon - to try and help keep him from being over-looked in place of more "money making" names - like they need it at this point?!
Lorabell

Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

There's a new Solomon interview here.

There's still no official news yet. :( What he says at the bottom is what he's said since Twilight filming. I really hope we get something OFFICIAL soon!
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Lorabell

Post by Lorabell »

Nerd wrote:There's a new Solomon interview here.

There's still no official news yet. :( What he says at the bottom is what he's said since Twilight filming. I really hope we get something OFFICIAL soon!
Ooh, thanks for the link - fascinating interview! I so want him to be in NM *fingers crossed*
Lorabell