Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Post by Pel »

Okay, i'm tired of trying to convince my friends to read Twilight and failing. Anyone have any tips? I've tried almost everything. This topic can help those who also share my problem. Please, i NEED to convince them to read it!!!!!
NolitaFairytale
Wandering Through Town

Re: Ways to convince others to read Twilight

Post by NolitaFairytale »

Yeah, I found the technique that works best is simply to force it into the person in question's hands,say, "Read this," and run before they can give it back. It worked on some of my recently converted friends.

Proud member of the I <3 Gustavo and his Flowing Portuguese Association.
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Post by 22.FireandIce »

Whatever you do DONT tell them that they will look at the their boyfriend and go 'dang, what was i thinking, hes horrible.' yeah that didn't work whatsoever.
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
Kyoko
Settled in Forks

Post by Kyoko »

Whatever you do DONT tell them that they will look at the their boyfriend and go 'dang, what was i thinking, hes horrible.' yeah that didn't work whatsoever.
:lol: haha that probably isn't the best idea...

umm i had a friend who got really mad when we talked about twilight... (we talked about it alot between my two best friends) and so even tho she got mad i just found out that she started reading it because she wanted to know why we loved it so much. I don't know what we did but it worked! :)
Team Ian: Beacuse he was the only one that wasn't a monster!

HEROES 9/22/08!!
22.FireandIce
Wandering Through Town

Post by 22.FireandIce »

yeah. it wasn't. but thats k.
She was just like um, actually yesterday he told me that he loved me.
I was like oh, lust? in a really squeaky little voice. I mean shes 14,,, how much love can it be.
Seth.Jacob.Edward.Bella.Alice.Jasper.Emmett. Rosalie.Carlisle.Esme.Garrett. Zafrina.Emily.
Renesmee.Quil.Charlie.TheRomanians.Claire. Ben.Maggie.Tanya.Kate.Embry.Eleazar.Leah.Billy.

<3 Stole My Heart
Moonpetal Lily
Settled in Forks

Post by Moonpetal Lily »

Hm...my one friend who is now rabid about Twilight was dragged to the library during lunch... and after she finished Twilight, she was dragging me there to pick up New Moon and Eclipse :lol:

As for one of my guy friends...well, I think he just got tired of us talking about it all the time. He knew most of the plot before reading it, just because said rabid-fangirl and I dissected the book so often :D But now he's hooked...
Image Image
Edward's_Stalker
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward's_Stalker »

i made a bet with my best friend and she lost so she had to read twilight. she was addicted after the first chapter!
princess_sparkle
Settled in Forks

Post by princess_sparkle »

Well I gave Twilight to four of my friends for their birthdays and they felt obliged to read it so as not to be rude. Three of the four are now converted... so that's a 75% success rate. Just be prepared for a funny look for the shop assistant when you buy a basket full of Twilight. The woman behind the counter actually said to me, "You do know you have four copies of the same book, don't you dear?" I just nodded and smiled, wondering how anyone could accidentally pick up more than one copy and take them all to the checkout without noticing! :lol:
Last edited by princess_sparkle on Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

i just told them about this really good book and that they needed to get past the first 100 pages and they'd be hooked!!! They didn't believe me but after the first either 3 chapters or 100 pages they couldn't put it down. :-) I kept nagging them and nagging them to read it and they finally did. :-)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Can try the whole SAW movie thing and lock them in a room, chained to the wall, and have the book laying there on the floor. Only when they finish reading the book, can they leave the room..

Or for a more realistic approach, you can always bribe them and then make them give you a full synopsis in order to receive their bribe.