Edward vs. Jacob Campaign!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Edward vs. Jacob Campaign!

Post by navarre »

debussygirl wrote:If Jacob were too never accept Bella as a vampire, how would his imprint-ation change? Well, I don't think it would have changed, because as long as Bella was human, he would have fought for her. Then once she was a vampire, he would have seen Renesmee by then, and would have imprinted. Even if he still didn't approve Bella being a vampire, he would have to accept it for Renesmee's sake, or else he would lose her.

Yeah, I agree with that. ^^
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Interesting, but I was thinking that if Jacob didn't accept/like Bella as a vampire, it would be hard for him to be around her. Because I believe that even though he imprinted on Nessie, he still loves Bella and hates that she's a vamp deep down. So would he suck it up and deal, or be in pain, and save some pain?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think his love for her though is what it should be and that is of a friend or a brother. And while perhaps is may hurt him, he loves Nessie so much more. He would deal with the pain just to have Nessie, like he dealt with the pain in Eclipse to have Bella around him.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Caitygirl1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Caitygirl1 »

i'm not sure his imprinting would change at all... The point of imprinting is that he is drawn to nessie as we experience at her birth. He is drawn downstairs - initially thinking to kill the thing that killed bella - but then everything changes. He would have been just as drawn to nessie with ot without his acceptance and this imprinting would force him to accept it if he wanted to be a part of her life.
A simpler place,
where love was defined in simpler ways.
One plue one equals two.."

Team Edward -- Dazzling since 1918
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I see what you guys mean. . . I just think it would be hard for him to be around something that hurts him, but always have to be around it, because she's always around Nessie. Very confusing.
But I think that Jacob would tough it out like you said. He's strong, take a look at his pain in Eclipse.
So I guess a new question is in order:

If Edward could choose any one member of his family to take Nessie, who would it be and why?
No Rosalie, and Not Jacob

-Chloe
Last edited by threethings on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

threethings wrote:I see what you guys mean. . . I just think it would be hard for him to be around something that hurts him, but always have to be around it, because she's always around Nessie. Very confusing.
But I think that Jacob would tough it out like you said. He's strong, take a look at his pain in Eclipse.
So I guess a new question is in order:

If Edward could choose any one member of his family to take Nessie, who would it be and why?
No Rosalie, and Not Jacob.

-Chloe
That is tough. I would like to think Alice & Jasper. Alice is his favorite sister and Edward could trust her & Jasper to take care of her and protect her and raise her correctly.
Having Alice in the picture can help with any threats that may happen or are coming and Jasper's fighting experience would come in handy for protection and evasion and he can teach Ness how to defend herself if necessary.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

My first instinct is to say Carlisle, because he could be like a father to Nessie and would just be perfect. But at the same time, with Nessie being hunted, Carlisle may not be the strongest fighter.
That leads me to think to Emmett, who could be a big brother and protect Nessie. So my final answer is Emmett, but only because Carlisle is so peace-loving.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
runswithwolves
Officially Bitten!
Location: On Taylor's right bicep staring at the new Wolfpack picture

Post by runswithwolves »

I think Esme first becuase she is kinda already a mom and then Carlisle.
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

TEAM EDWARD
1. Why Team (Edward -or- Jacob)?well let's see. Edward is a GENTLEMAN, he put's Bella's needs/wants, and what he believes is best for her (though he may be misinformed like in NM) before himself, he's romantic and musical (he wrote a song for his love!), he's caring, thoughtful sweet and understanding. the Cullens are awesome!

2. Favorite things about (Edward -or- Jacob)? um look at #1. oh and those golden eyes (especially after seeing them in movie they're so gorgeous!)
3. Things i'd change about (Edward -or- Jacob)? he's too understanding sometimes! like in Eclipse I felt like Bella he should've fought for her but no he was like I understand Jacob was there for you & he understands.
4. Favorite quotes from (Edward -or- Jacob)? only one I can think of right now is the "Look after my heart. I've left it with you."
5. Saddest moment for (Edward -or- Jacob)? When he leaves Bella in NM & she believes him so fast & easily. And then when he believes that Bella will die in BD when she's pregnant w/Renesmee.

I just wanted to say one thing cause something that bugs me about the whole Jacob wouldn't have left thing is of course he wouldn't have left he's too selfish and only thinks of himself (kiss, force, manipulation, enough said). If you haven't read SM's website on why Edward left you should it's so awesome to get inside Edward's head & understand what he did (besides the fact that he hated how he was constantly putting her in danger it explains even more of his reasoning.) And then reading the partial draft of Dark High Noon on her website also explains a lot and made me love dear Edward even more. so visit her website stepheniemeyer.com if you haven't she has a lot of cool extra stuff on there.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Wow, we got really behind here. Oh, well.
Welcome Pennybug84!

Here's a new question:

If Edward hadn't come back in New Moon, and Bella decided to be with Jacob, how would that effect Edward? Would he still come and check on her? Or would he be in too much pain to see that she was happy?
ImageImage