Edward or Jacob, who would you choose for you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Edward or Jacob, who would you choose for you?

Post by Davnee »

Jacob. Jacob. Jacob. I'm basing this simply on their character traits, not age or appearance etc etc. Edward seems very one sided while Jacob feels more 3-dimensional. And don't mistake me, I adore Edward.... but for Bella. Edward can be way too agreeable at times and it makes me want to shake him and say, get angry and stop being so noble!!!! Jacob's intensity level is maxed out and I just can't live without that fire. Even when Jake's being completely irrational and downright stupid, it's his overwhelming passion that moves me. I guess I'm a sucker for the dysfunction. lol
twiGIRL
Settled in Forks

Post by twiGIRL »

EDWARD!
all the waaay! :D

um.. I've been er, stuck with that part when i was reading the book. its really hard when edward just disappeared and er, a dog came..

like, why do u kept comparing a vampire with a DOG?!?! hahaha! (hihi..peace JACOB. ^^v)
Last edited by twiGIRL on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

jacob.duh.
isn't it obovious?
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

roo-roo91 wrote:jacob.duh.
isn't it obovious?

Well, no most people would say Edward but I'm agreeing with you and I saw Jacob too! :mrgreen:

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Jacob, because I don't want someone who is perfect.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Neither, Alice all the way

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

sarah! wrote:Jacob, because I don't want someone who is perfect.
yeah, if you have someone perfect, you'd feel inferior to them sometimes.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

roo-roo91 wrote:
sarah! wrote:Jacob, because I don't want someone who is perfect.
yeah, if you have someone perfect, you'd feel inferior to them sometimes.
I know! Jacob would be best for me.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Lacuna Scion
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Lacuna Scion »

I'm going to try to verbalize another reason why I choose Jake. I've never been able to get this across in a way that a) makes sense or b) doesn't offend Edward people. So, sorry if it doesn't make sense and please don't be upset Edward people (I feel you; with Edward and Jake it's damn close).

Now, Edward is a vampire and while he is cultured, intelligent and mature I still feel like he processes things like a seventeen year old. Obviously, he doesn't act that way or anything like that; that's not what I'm saying. I guess it just seems that there's more of that seventeen year old to Edward than physicality alone.

Granted, Jacob still processes things like preteen and acts like a fifteen year old :lol: and overreacts (although that's one of the things I love about him - I myself am incredibly immature and prone to passionate emotion). I feel like Jake has more potential for change. Again, not just physically or changing to make him better or whatever. Just natural, comfortable change. He'd still be the same Jake, I just feel there's more room for natural progression.

Again, that's just how I personally feel and I wanted to try to verbalize in some lucid manner.
Team Leah - The Crappy Little Renegade Team | Team Esme
Team Carlisle | Screw You Freaks! I pick Ben! | Volturi - Rosalind
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

Actually Lacuna, that makes perfect sense. I can understand what you mean about Edward. While he has lived many more years than Jacob or Bella, he does seem to be naive in some ways. Perhaps this is due to the era he was raised in. But I feel at times he tends to hold back because he does his best to always be polite. Jake just says what he has to say and doesn't really care whether you like it or not. I like the direct approach in a man. Boy. Wolf. Whatever.

And forgive me Edward fans, but there's just always been something weird about finding the kiss of a cold statue like boy more appealing than a warm blooded one. I love Edward and Bella and am happy they found their way together in the end, but I just don't get how lying on cold stone marble could ever be physically attractive. Another reason why I chose Jake for me. I'm always cold so I need the additional heat! :lol: