Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
togetha4eva
Settled in Forks

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by togetha4eva »

i still read everything that is quality. bookworm is i. :D
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

Well before I read Twilight I was obsessed with HP... And now I just can't even think of the books. Maybe when I've satisfied my Twilight hunger I can go and try reading HP again ;) Doubt that's gonna happen any time soon 8-)
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

tsvety wrote:Well before I read Twilight I was obsessed with HP... And now I just can't even think of the books. Maybe when I've satisfied my Twilight hunger I can go and try reading HP again ;) Doubt that's gonna happen any time soon 8-)
Haha, it's the same for me! i spend the beginning of the summer reading HP and than came Twilight and I haven't looked back since. But I'm pretty sure that I'll get around to rereading HP sometime next year! :lol:
Last edited by vampire_elf on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
Genevieve
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Genevieve »

before Twilight, i read quite a lot of chick lit and some children paranormal like Mediator and stuff.
after twilight, i sorta stopped chick lit and went into more emotion filled stuff like stuff by Nicholas sparks.
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I feel that if I read something else that I wont finish it ... thats how i feel at this time anyway.. i have never re-read any books that I own and I own ALOT of books, but the Twilight Series I am almost done with my second run. I am not a teenager, but I must admit that I enjoy the teen books out there. I have read Crank, Glass, those books and not only are the good but they are cheaper than regular fiction books. Twilight has kept my attention for a while now. I started about 3 months ago because I never heard of them until my best friend let me borrow her book and now i cant stop reading them. I am trying to get into other Vampire books as well, I recently purchased Vampire Diaries... has anyone read them before? It looks decent and another friend of mine suggested the House of Night series.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
twigal
Wandering Through Town

Post by twigal »

I used to read all the time, but books just don't really hold my interest anymore. Twilight has ruined reading for me...ironic, isn't it?
I'm just going to waste time wandering through town until something Twilight-related comes by.
A.H
Official Dog Lover!

Post by A.H »

twigal wrote:I used to read all the time, but books just don't really hold my interest anymore. Twilight has ruined reading for me...ironic, isn't it?
I get what you mean. Ever since I've started reading the twilight series I haven't read anything else and I don't actually want to but I could re-read all the twilight books again and again without getting tired of them.
Twinny, Layla| Graphics by Narnia| I'm on The List, Hurricane| Randie
MyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyEdward »

vampire_elf wrote:
tsvety wrote:Well before I read Twilight I was obsessed with HP... And now I just can't even think of the books. Maybe when I've satisfied my Twilight hunger I can go and try reading HP again ;) Doubt that's gonna happen any time soon 8-)
Haha, it's the same for me! i spend the beginning of the summer and than came Twilight and I haven't looked back since. But I'm pretty sure that I'll get around to rereading HP sometime next year! :lol:
Same here! I LOVE HP and used to re-read them all the time, but since i discovered Twlight i haven't even thought about HP. I'm a bit scared to read HP again incase I don't like it as much as i used to!
Do I DAZZLE you?
MyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyEdward »

twilight813 wrote:I feel that if I read something else that I wont finish it ... thats how i feel at this time anyway.. i have never re-read any books that I own and I own ALOT of books, but the Twilight Series I am almost done with my second run. I am not a teenager, but I must admit that I enjoy the teen books out there. I have read Crank, Glass, those books and not only are the good but they are cheaper than regular fiction books. Twilight has kept my attention for a while now. I started about 3 months ago because I never heard of them until my best friend let me borrow her book and now i cant stop reading them. I am trying to get into other Vampire books as well, I recently purchased Vampire Diaries... has anyone read them before? It looks decent and another friend of mine suggested the House of Night series.
I have read The Vampire diaries. I think i might have liked them if i had read them before Twilight, but they just felt Insubstantial compered to Twilight.
Do I DAZZLE you?
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by vampire_elf »

MyEdward wrote:Same here! I LOVE HP and used to re-read them all the time, but since i discovered Twlight i haven't even thought about HP. I'm a bit scared to read HP again incase I don't like it as much as i used to!
I fully understand the being scared part. But I think I'll like them just as much cause HP and Twilight are different enough, so ther's no real competion for me - they are both great book series, each in their own right. It's only that right now I couldn't keep away from Twilight long enough in order to read all seven HP books. I would suffer from severe Edward withdrawal! :lol:

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter