Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by Pel »

Question posed:
Quote:
I wanted to ask people if after reading Twilight and all of the other books in the series whether they changed their reading styles...for example: I used to read teen romance novels but after reading twilight I realized that every book was pretty much the same storyline and compared to twilight it help no interest for me
Broken-Mirror
Settled in Forks

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by Broken-Mirror »

I don't think any of the teen books are going to compare to Twilight so I'm on to the rows and rows of adult fiction now.
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

I am having a hard time accepting that there are other books out there to read. I tend to gravitate to the YA section now, but I know I will not find a better read than Twilight. I enjoyed the Uglies series, so I saw the author had a book called PEEPS. Picked it up....what do ya know? It's about VAMPIRES!! Completely different kind of vamps of course, but still a fun little read. I am reading Journey to the Center of the Earth right now, and just cannot get into it (wonder why?? It's a classic!) I think it has something to do with the fact that my Twilight book has been returned to me after several people borrowing it, and I can hear Edward calling me....
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

I tried to read other books now, but I just can't. They cannot compare to Twilight. They all seem so amateur when it comes to the writing style.
taytaynicole12
Settled in Forks

Post by taytaynicole12 »

After reading the twilight series I had started to buy some vampire books. And I'm not satisfied with romantic relationships anymore unless they have some hint of forever. Which is stupid to hope for, but Twilight did that to me. So now I can't appreciate girls dating a number of different guys, or vice-versa. It seems childish to me, now. :|
Kyoko
Settled in Forks

Post by Kyoko »

after i read the twilight sega i started only read books about vampires because they're the only ones i can get into and even then it takes me forever to read because they're not all that interesting... they're kind of boring i guess. There's not a lot of action. I like action. :D
Team Ian: Beacuse he was the only one that wasn't a monster!

HEROES 9/22/08!!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i used to look at a book that was over 200 pages and immediantly think "nope. that is waaaaay too long." now, i think that 800 pages is cake, because twilight taught me that reading can be fun.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Twilight actually got me INTO reading. At first i dreaded it with a passion- Sparknotes was my best friend :oops: . After i discovered Twilight and went to the bookstore to purchase it my eyes were pretty much like ---> :shock: at the whomping 800 pages. I had already tried to read Harry Potter...and i didn't find it interesting at all *sorry HP fans*- though i did like the movies.

Anyways, after getting through Twilight in 2 days, i couldn't believe it, then i flew through NM and Eclipse like nothing. Once i finished those my summer reading assignments were cake- i looked at them and thought "200 pages? CAKE" haha and flew by them with ease- i also noticed that i enjoyed them ALOT more...i was just more interested in the story line in general which NEVER happened before twilight. Now, i love looking for new books that i can dive into, which is NOT something i'd expect of myself due to the fact that i'd rather be outside running around than sitting in my house reading. So, all in all Twilight cured me of my reading negativity :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

YES!

And not in a good way! Haha. Because now I compare every storyline/writing style to Twilight. And I haven't read a book yet that keeps me as captivated as Twilight. So I wish i could let go of it when I read other books haha.
J<3B
ilovespaceheaters
Wandering Through Town

Post by ilovespaceheaters »

Very much so.

I hardly ever read before Twilight. I did but rarely.

And now if you ever see me I'll have a book with me.

"Go fetch a space heater."

[22.8.08] Best day of my life.

ManSpice