Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cantfightaneclipse
Settled in Forks

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by cantfightaneclipse »

I used to read a book like every two days but now i cant find anything that compares to Twilight apparently there is this book "Got Fangs" that is just like Twilight, doubt it but im gonna read it and see how it compares.
J<3B
The clouds I can handle, but I can't fight with an eclipse." -Jacob Black
[img]http://www.mybannermaker.com]http://i.imgur.com/5tsZM.gif[/img]
KikiMasenCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Looking into the eyes of the beautiful Edward Anthony Masen Cullen

Post by KikiMasenCullen »

Before 'Twilight' came along for me, I was reading tons of stuff. My house, my bedroom more particularly, looks like a library exploded in there. Lol. I just cannot seem to get Edward, Bella, Carlisle, and all the rest of the Cullens, werewolves (minus Jacob Black) and Mike Newton, out of my head. Even if I'm reading a cheesy romance novel, or an autobiography! Lol...help! I need to read something else! Lol...
Team Carlisle
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
Every Rose Has It's Thorn-Team Rosalie
Proud Cullenist...all hail Carlisle
Twilightchick79
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilightchick79 »

Over the past two weeks all I have been reading is the Twilight series over and over again. I have stopped all other reading. I need to go to therapy or something :lol: cause I am seriously not getting sick of reading the same thing over and over again.
My life was like a moonless night. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. There was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, everything went black. My eyes were blinded by the light. And there was no more reason for anything.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I'm now more open to suggestions for friends on what to read, especially lex friends. After reading the hunger games, recommended by SM and lex people, I trust people here to know good books. :lol:
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

-Jasper wrote:I'm now more open to suggestions for friends on what to read, especially lex friends. After reading the hunger games, recommended by SM and lex people, I trust people here to know good books. :lol:
^^ I agree, Jenni. At first, I would only read the Twilight saga and now thanks to my Lex buddies, I can read other books and enjoy them just as much.
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

hmmm... Yup, it's made me more of a hopeless romantic nut! :D But I'm already
a bookworm. Twilight just woke-up that side of me again. No eating or sleeping
just reading. :lol: " The Hunger Games" rocks! Can't wait for "Catching Fire" :mrgreen:
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I am honestly addicted.
We have to fill out a booksheet on what we have read.
And this is mine:
Twilight
New Moon
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Twilight
Twilight
New Moon
New Moon
Eclipse
Eclipse
Breaking Dawn
Breaking Dawn
Twi Magazine
Midnight Sun (online)
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

I'm seriously drowning in "Twilight" oriented fan-fics.

They quench my thirst. ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
ariake76
Wandering Through Town

Post by ariake76 »

Prior to Twilight I didn't enjoy vampire fiction at all, but the series obviously changed all that. My favorite vampire fic series apart from Twilight are the Vampire Shrink books by Lynda Hilburn-- that one and the next one in the series, Dark Harvest. They are REALLY good. Devereaux is tjhe next best thing to Edward, while I'm waiting for Midnight Sun at least ;-)
Yes, my husband's last two names really are Edward Coleman. But his first name is Mike.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

There are several good fan fiction ideas on the fanfiction thread. The WA addicts have taken over, though, so be warned.
I used to avoid romances because they were way to mushy, but Twilight has me interested in them, especially supernatural ones. I'll have to check out the Lynda Hillburn ones. I would also love other people's recommendations.
Here are some that I have recently enjoyed with my daughters:
Fairest, by Gail Carson Levine
The Book of A Thousand Days, by Shannon Hale
The Girl Who Could Fly, and The Underneath. These are all wonderful for those who love young adult books.