Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by AliceLauren »

Twilight made me want to read more, but I just ended up reading the Twilight Saga over and over for a long time... then I started reading Harry Potter.

But I can never read another book abou Vampires besides Twilight cause I will probably started screaming "WHERE THE HECK IS EDWARD?!?!" in it...
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

I love reading, so I read a lot of books before I discovered Twilight, but I never read one book twice.
But I read every book in the Twilight Saga at least twice, so Twilight has affected my reading habits a little bit.
The_Lizzie
Wandering Through Town

Post by The_Lizzie »

I also had read a lot of books. I've always been a book worm. I read the Harry Potter books and I liked them but still there was something in the story that when I'd speak about them with my friends it was obviously fantasy then i saw the cover for Twilight in my little sister's little Scholastic Bookfair pamphlet thing and so i became determined to find the book. I even sketched the picture over and over in my notebooks.

When i finally read it, i felt i just couldn't read anything else anymore. This was just before i found out that there were going to be 2 more (at the time). I had bought the book Dangerous Girls and A Great and Terrible Beauty but i just couldn't get myself to read them. I was experiencing withdrawal symptoms!! Hahahhahahaha

Then i got all my friends to read Twilight and so I felt better because for a while I had no one to talk to.

But yeah.....

The series has really had an impact on me.
~o~o~o~ VMT Queen of Boldness & Healthy Sexuality Peer Educator~o~o~o~
lee7
Settled in Forks

Post by lee7 »

omg big time!!! i caint find anything out there as amazing as twilight!!!!
but i do read way more now tring to find similar books i have been reading a lot of vampire books or just wierd books like that. i did find one i really liked the summoning! but it still wasnt near as good but i liked it! haha another thing is i find it that a lot of books i read i will just start thinking about twilight!!! its crazy then i will have to put down the book i am reading and pick up twilight!!!! im officially obsessed!!!!
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

AliceLauren wrote:Twilight made me want to read more, but I just ended up reading the Twilight Saga over and over for a long time...
That's exactly what I do now! It's like a cycle; I start with Twilight, then New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, and then I start Twilight again! I forget what it's like reading other books :S! When I have nothing to read, I just pull out Twilight. And if I do read some other book, I always somehow allude it to Twilight.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

I haven't read anything but the saga since the day I first read Twilight (July 24th, 2008)
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

^^^omg me too I tried to read HP and I got through 2 pages and then jumped off mybed to grab Twilight =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
37yearoldfan

Post by 37yearoldfan »

Kind of funny. I have read all the HP books but never have I read them over and over. I still get upset in NM when edward leaves even though I know the outcome. I did not mind that HP ended. But, Twilight? I want more
girltarist
Settled in Forks

Post by girltarist »

"Has Twilight affected your reading habits?"
Yes. I have reading habits now. HAha. :lol:
Twilight_Moon
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_Moon »

I find it hard to read anything that's in third person now. And everything that's in first person I keep using the voice i have for Bella in my head. :D