Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Has Twilight affected your reading habits?

Post by twilight813 »

MyEdward wrote:
twilight813 wrote:I feel that if I read something else that I wont finish it ... thats how i feel at this time anyway.. i have never re-read any books that I own and I own ALOT of books, but the Twilight Series I am almost done with my second run. I am not a teenager, but I must admit that I enjoy the teen books out there. I have read Crank, Glass, those books and not only are the good but they are cheaper than regular fiction books. Twilight has kept my attention for a while now. I started about 3 months ago because I never heard of them until my best friend let me borrow her book and now i cant stop reading them. I am trying to get into other Vampire books as well, I recently purchased Vampire Diaries... has anyone read them before? It looks decent and another friend of mine suggested the House of Night series.
I have read The Vampire diaries. I think i might have liked them if i had read them before Twilight, but they just felt Insubstantial compered to Twilight.

ahh thats what i figured.. oh well when im done with Twilight which I dont know when that is going to be because im on my second run of Breaking Dawn and I want to read Twilight again i guess ill pick up another book at some point. lol.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Yes. I've always been a reader, but now I feel as though nothing can or will compare to the Twilight saga. I haven't picked anything up since Breaking Dawn. I plan on re-reading the books very soon. :D

My friends and I joke about how this or that book "is good, but of course it doesn't compare to Twilight." Although a couple of them have been reading books nonstop because they're trying to fill the void. Twilight withdrawal sucks! At least we have The Lex to hash it out.

I know that if I buy a love story or fiction book I'll just end up looking for Edward and being majorly disappointed when I don't find him. :( It's like he really left, and I need more time before I can move on.
Last edited by twilight1909 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
bite_me

Post by bite_me »

I do read other books, but I always have to puncuate them with visits to my favourite chapters of the twilight series.

If i go on holiday I take just one twilight book - it will last me no matter how long i go for, because I reread it so much!
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
Lauren Hale
Learning to Love Green

Post by Lauren Hale »

well, let's just say, ever since read the twilight series, no book has been the same, no other book seems quite as good...with a few exceptions. But yes i do read book differently, after reading Twilight.
lilxtwinkies
Settled in Forks

Post by lilxtwinkies »

hi, so i just recently joined this forum because i just finished reading breaking dawn...and this series has DEFINITELY affected my reading habits AND my life... :D

i finished the whole series in 6 days...and i knew i was going through the twilight saga withdrawals...more importantly...edward and bella withdrawals...

even after i finished reading hp earlier this year, it can't compare with this...i'm still longing for more of the series...more edward and more bella...and of course the rest of the cast as well...now i'm kinda obsessed with reading vampire/romance novels...and i'm not even sure what else to do with my time...hoping i can find something else with my time now that i am done...at least until the movie comes out and a few months pass so i can read it again...i needed to find something to distract mef rom my "empty feeling" so i came here to find people to talk about twilight with (it makes me feel like i'm still reading the series)...instead of spending my free time thinking about the best/sweet moments in the novels..haha

like edward and bella's love, i think when i finished reading the book...it took part of my heart/life with it...haha now i'm struggling to get back into my normal life...keeping up with college studies...i am SO obsessed with this series...

HOPEFULLY she'll release the whole midnight sun novel even though it was leaked...and maybe even forever dawn for us older YA hopefuls....haha
Buttercupchachi
Settled in Forks

Post by Buttercupchachi »

I also just finished reading and joined the forum.
I want to read them again, but I'm kind of frustrated right now because I can't :cry:
I'm really looking forward for the movie, Robert is such a hottie and the cast seems to be loyal to the books descriptions.
I don't think I'll pick another book right now cuz I just can get enough of edward and Bella, I really wish Stephenie releases more books too.
it's just surreal how one day I did not know anything about the series, and the next I'm all about edward and Bella, visiting sites wanting to know more :D
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

vampire_elf wrote:
MyEdward wrote:Same here! I LOVE HP and used to re-read them all the time, but since i discovered Twlight i haven't even thought about HP. I'm a bit scared to read HP again incase I don't like it as much as i used to!
I fully understand the being scared part. But I think I'll like them just as much cause HP and Twilight are different enough, so ther's no real competion for me - they are both great book series, each in their own right. It's only that right now I couldn't keep away from Twilight long enough in order to read all seven HP books. I would suffer from severe Edward withdrawal! :lol:
same here! haha
I've read every HP book over 2 times each but I can't bring myself to put down the twilight books.
Also, since I've been reading twilight all I want to watch are romance movies and (if I MUST read a book for school or something) I read love stories. this is what twilight does to me... :roll: haha
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
twilighterrr
Settled in Forks

Post by twilighterrr »

I have also finished reading the saga and am new to the forum. I wouldn't say it has changed my reading habits - I have always been a reader. I love reading. I am a nerd at heart ;)

But I think I have turned a lot of my friends onto Twilight. And especially those friends who never read - so it's changed their reading habits by actually getting them to read!

Do you guys only talk about Twilight here on the message boards? Or do you talk with friends, family, class mates, coworkers, pretty much everyone about the book? lol. Who do you prefer to discuss the book with and why?
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

this is kind of weird but I never used to read... in fact reading a book was an impossibility for me.
I was really curious though about Twilight and my friend alellie told me to read it ...well more like threatened.
so, I finally read a book. I realized I actually liked it and continued to read the rest and here I am now :lol:
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
twilight1909

Post by twilight1909 »

twilighterrr wrote:Do you guys only talk about Twilight here on the message boards? Or do you talk with friends, family, class mates, coworkers, pretty much everyone about the book? lol. Who do you prefer to discuss the book with and why?
Heck no! I talk all things Twilight with whoever will listen! :lol: maybe not to that extent, but I can talk about the books with a fellow Twilighter all day long. The message boards just allow me to be even more obsessive. I LOVE talking about it with my friends who read them - especially one in particular because she is even more obsessed than I am. We talk about the characters as if they're real. Too bad Edward is real in our minds.

I sound crazy, but I promise I'm not.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo