Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
vampire_elf
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by vampire_elf »

Well, I convinced my boyfriend to read Twilight and he actually started reading it but only made it to chapter two before I snatched the book back so that I could read it again. But finished it on Sunday so now I'm "giving it back" to him. :lol:
My mum and a friend of mine have promised to read it, but haven't started or even bought the book so far (I told both of them that they have to buy the book since I'm not giving mine away). I think my friend will like it, but I'm not so sure about my mum (it's not really her kind of book, but I'm hopeful since Twilight appeals to so many different people).

Banner by the amazing MRK!
Obsessed 20 something Twilighter
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

YES, Our librarian just read twilight and she is waiting for me to loan her my copy of new moon! One convert down . . . .
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
redlips
Learning to Love Green

Post by redlips »

Not yet, but I'm going to get my (twin) sister to read it so we can see the movie together. And I'm going to give my best friend Twilight for her birthday.
Major Redlips, Sergeant Major of Jasper's Confederate Army,
I'm suffering from OCD: Obsessive Cullen Disorder
Team Jasper: Because everything is bigger in Texas
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

redlips wrote: And I'm going to give my best friend Twilight for her birthday.
I also considered giving the book to the friend who promised to read Twilight as a birthday present since her birthday is quite soon.
I'll just force the book (present wise) on all my friends, so they'll have no choice! :lol:

*TwilightIsMyDrug*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

I got my mom to read the series and she loved it. We even went to Forks/Kalaloche, WA together last October and spent 7 days enjoying the ocean, rain forest and mountains. My 18 year old little sis has also read Twilight and loved it.

And last, but not least...I got my BOYFRIEND (who hates reading) to read Twilight. We just moved about 2,000 miles apart and he said he wanted to read my favorite book of all time. I thought it was a really sweet gesture. I'm going to visit him on his birthday, which just so happens to be Nov 22! He's going to go to the movie with me. LOL.

:D
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
*TwilightIsMyDrug*

Post by *TwilightIsMyDrug* »

vampire_elf wrote:Well, I convinced my boyfriend to read Twilight and he actually started reading it but only made it to chapter two before I snatched the book back so that I could read it again. But finished it on Sunday so now I'm "giving it back" to him. :lol:
My mum and a friend of mine have promised to read it, but haven't started or even bought the book so far (I told both of them that they have to buy the book since I'm not giving mine away). I think my friend will like it, but I'm not so sure about my mum (it's not really her kind of book, but I'm hopeful since Twilight appeals to so many different people).
That's funny you say that, I didn't really think it was my mom's kind of book either, but she absolutely LOVED it. So your mom, too, might be pleasantly surprised! I was unsure that I would like it also but after the first 10 pages I was HOOKED! Good Luck!
"You don't know how long I've waited for you."
Team Edward
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

A group of the military wives are finally going to read the saga!
clariissaa

Post by clariissaa »

I made 3 of my friends read it =D
They love it.
vampire_elf

Post by vampire_elf »

*TwilightIsMyDrug* wrote:That's funny you say that, I didn't really think it was my mom's kind of book either, but she absolutely LOVED it. So your mom, too, might be pleasantly surprised! I was unsure that I would like it also but after the first 10 pages I was HOOKED! Good Luck!
I'll keep you posted about whether my mum likes it or declares me crazy! ;) I myself was also unsure about the book and now look at me... :roll:

bluemaria

Post by bluemaria »

I got two of my cousins and two friends to read the series and I think at least one of them has gotten others to read it so it is like a pyramid scheme :D