Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

Yes, two of my friends, but sadly I failed to get them crazily obsessed.
Just like me.
haha.
They are like, "Okay that was a great book. I'm over it now. It'sjust a book."
I was like, "Just a book?! What's wrong with you??? HUH!"

I've seen people read it in my school, but I always always feel like some people don't deserve to read Twilight and fall in love with Edward because they won't get the full meaning of Twilight. I don't like the idea that they just read Twilight because everyone else is reading it and they feel like the need to be part of it and go like, " OMG I read Twilight too!!! It was a good(understatement much?) and OMG!! Edward is soooooo hooooottttt!!!" Shessssssh, that pisses the hell out of me so badly. It doesn't always have to be about Edward and his hotness, okay? Sorry, about that. haha. I just had to get that out of my system.

Sorry. :oops:
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
CéliAmbre
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by CéliAmbre »

You kidding? I got wwhat feels like millions of people hooked, and they got others to read it! I'm like a missionary! Almost all the girls from school, my sister, my mum, all my friends, my best friend's friends, all the girls in my old school in Switzerland, mums from friends of mine...Seriously, everone!

But I'm still the most obsessed one, and very proud of it =)
LaTuaCantante
Settled in Forks

Post by LaTuaCantante »

How on earth did you get your boyfriends to read the books?!? I have all but begged my boyfriend to read them and he has pretty much refused.....
It would make me so happy if he read them!

Other than that, my sisters got me to read it and I've gotten one other friend to read them. She is the only one I know who isn't currently reading them!
Tamalyn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Tamalyn »

Yes I did, and after reading it, they were all converted into the fandom. My secret? I gave them as Christmas gifts to all my single & married girlfriends! Even though we all live far away from each other now, we still can have awesome discussions about it whenever we see each other.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

I lent my copies to one of my best friends after reading each one. I told her Sunday that I found hard-backs of Twilight and New Moon on Amazon, and when I buy those for myself, I was gonna give her my paperbacks so that I would have a matching set of all hard-backs. lol... she was like, "-o-okaaaaaayy. Wow, you're obsessed, Sarah." I laughed. She enjoys them, but I don't think quite as much as I do.

I let my aunt borrow Twilight last Thursday... she told me yesterday that she just started reading it. I told her to hurry up, because I was having withdrawals! hahahaaaa! She was wanting to know what the big deal was, because I have Twilight stickys, bumper stickers, and Flairs on my Facebook! too funny!
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

Well, I got my mom to read it.

But then there is my friend, who said when I was reading it that it was a stupid series, then a couple weeks later she asked to borrow it! She actually liked it too. Now every time I see her, and can say, "I told you so!!!"
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

i got one of my friends to read it. (the others had already read them. they are the ones who converted me.) the stupid thing is, she said she loved twilight, but she isn't going to read the rest of the series. I KNOW, DUMB!!! i keep telling her that if she liked twilight, she would love the rest of the books, but no. she refuses. duh.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
little-freak
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by little-freak »

cutesweetiezzz wrote:
I've seen people read it in my school, but I always always feel like some people don't deserve to read Twilight and fall in love with Edward because they won't get the full meaning of Twilight. I don't like the idea that they just read Twilight because everyone else is reading it and they feel like the need to be part of it and go like, " OMG I read Twilight too!!! It was a good(understatement much?) and OMG!! Edward is soooooo hooooottttt!!!" Shessssssh, that pisses the hell out of me so badly. It doesn't always have to be about Edward and his hotness, okay? Sorry, about that. haha. I just had to get that out of my system.

Sorry. :oops:
i know what you mean...i've been an obsessed fan (uhm well freak fits better....) from the very begining and now suddenly everyone reads twilight! what makes it even worse is the fact that there are some idiots thinking they know everything about twilight and if you ask them what they think of esmes marriage with charles eveanson (to test them...) and they answer: what? i've read all books two times (two times...sweet, huh?) and that's not in the books! esme is married to carlisle.
"you ever heard of the lex, girl?"
"the what?"
"the twilight lex. the twilight lexicon."
"no. is that a book with everything about twilight in? great, i have to buy that!"
"yeah, but read the acknowledgments of eclipse again before running into the next bookstore."
Alice's Party Planning Committee: V.I.P.-Guest
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.

Image Image
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I'm trying to get one of my friends to read Twilight. I left it at her house. Eventually, her Edward curisity will get the better of her. She'll be hooked in no time.
I'm trying to convince my other friend to read Breaking Dawn since she hasn't yet. Humph.
My aunt read Twilight and is not halfway through New Moon. Last time I checked, Jacob was about to bend the rules. ;)
I would have done more, but I'm putting all of my persuasive efforts into Person #1. :lol:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I got some friends into it. But they aren't fanatics like the rest of us minions. lolll

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett