Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jazjade
Wandering Through Town

Re: Did you get someone to read Twilight?

Post by jazjade »

Four or more months ago I mentioned Twilight to my hairdresser. She hadn't heard of it, but likes all things vampire. Last week when I went to see her I had hardly sat in the chair before she said "So have you seen Twilight?" meaning the movie. Of course she's hooked, of course she's in love with Edward. And, she mentioned some media gossip that had just been posted on the lex that morning, so she is also closely watching the blogs and message boards. I asked her what she liked best about the movie and she said " Bella's Truck and Edward's car" which was a novel perspective on the film
Aftermysong
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aftermysong »

O man don't even get me started! I have "converted so many people its not even funny. I got my mom, sister and more friends than you can count on one hand to read it!
Team Switzerland
Created by Enough4 from Vesperarium
Team Edward Girl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Team Edward Girl »

I've gotten my mom, my sisters, random people, my mom's roommate Ali, a guy in my science class named Spencer, my friend Hannah, my friend Austin, and I basically met my friends Lauren (her last name is NOT Mallory, neither is she mean), Jamie-Lynn, and Evelyn.
"I see you lying next to me with words I thought I'd never speak; awake and unafraid asleep or dead" -Famous Last Words" My Chemical Romance
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

Officially recruited three Twi-hards. My sister's, and a friend. :D
They had to see the movie first, though. lol
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

So far I have gotten 7 people to read Twilight.. and they plan on reading the rest of the series!! :)
(One person is already starting New Moon, actually)
And, I plan on convincing others as well ;)
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
natterss707

Post by natterss707 »

So far I have gotten 7 people to read Twilight.. and they plan on reading the rest of the series!! :)
(One person is already starting New Moon, actually)
And, I plan on convincing others as well ;)

**EDIT - sorry for the double post (internet wasn't working right) - You can delete this.
made by Ostentatious6277 @ Vesperarium
Credit fallingbeauty@Vesperarium for avatar.
CatharineHale
Settled in Forks

Post by CatharineHale »

i got about 3 of my friends to read it, and then they told their friends about it and so on..
i'm gonna make my parents see the movie with me. it'll be the 6th time i've seen it 8-)
You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair.
hehe Rosalie FTW!
BunnyLvr
Settled in Forks

Post by BunnyLvr »

I haven't kept track of how many people I've successfully encouraged to read Twilight and the other books, but one of my copies of Twilight is making its way around my grad school class and one person has my New Moon. Some people became interested after seeing the movie. I think Rob has to get some credit for that! LOL! I also have got one person to read The Host.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

I got my mom to read it but she said it was only "ok" :( and she admitted to skipping over what she considered some of the "fluffier" parts (I'm assuming this means Bella's descriptions of Edward) but she did at least read all 4 books

Ive tried to get others to read it but this only resulted in my two copies of Twilight being permanently lent out and now Im really sad I don't have a copy to read so be warned, don't lend out your own copies, send your friends to the library!
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

I've convinced my sister in law who was an Anti Twilighter to read it. She doesn't want to admit it but she likes it. (She's on New Moon now, so I'm guessing she does! Haha) working on getting the second Anti Twilighter to read it...
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.