Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

^^^
yOUR RIGHT!!!

I was like ok with the wig just because I knew they'd probably get rid of it in NM(if there is one). But Sam has really long hair already. hmm. Maybe they'll shorten it up anywayz. Because I think Taylor looks hott with short hair! :]

Haha. Btw I'm deciding between "Can you take the Heat?" and "108.9° of hottness." Thanks everyone!

I feel like I'm over in forks though right now. Hurricane Ike is passing through and everyone is freaking out including me! Its scary over here. haha.
J<3B
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Ok, well new Jopic I guess...

I've been wanting to bring up what yall thought about Jacob mentioning his mom here and there.

I think she was mentioned twice but it's still one of the things that stuck out the most in Jake's book to me. It has never really been brought to center stage or ever really acknowledged. Its just one of those things that in the back that always lingers. And even though few words were said about it... I got a vibe of strong emotion from it. And I wish he'd have talked more about it...

My heart did a somersault when I read about him talking about how Bella would break the news of her vampire-ness to Charlie. It was so brief though some of you might've not thought twice about it...

"A car accident, like my mom. So common. Happened all the time."

And there was this other part... Jake is a typical man and doesn't want to linger on emotions. hehe. But still from just a couple words I get that strong-underlying emotion vibe.

Like when Billy says.

"First time she's been here in a long time. It's hard--the girls were older than you when your mom passed. They have more trouble being in this house."

"I know."
J<3B
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Oooh! Good Jopic!

Yeah, the parts when Jacob's mom was mentioned really stuck out to me too... And there is definately some deep, underlying emotions there, with almost an edge of bitterness to it. You can definately get that from the "tone" he uses the few times she's mentioned.

I got this weird little "jolt" when I read the part about his mom's coffin being nailed shut. Especially the use of the ellipses (I'm not sure how to spell that, but I mean the "...") at the end of the sentence. Almost like the painful thought kind of lingered on his mind for a moment.

Does that make any sense?
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

CastMeNotAway wrote: I got this weird little "jolt" when I read the part about his mom's coffin being nailed shut. Especially the use of the ellipses (I'm not sure how to spell that, but I mean the "...") at the end of the sentence. Almost like the painful thought kind of lingered on his mind for a moment.
When did Jake say this?

How could I forget? haha.

Btw you should update your fanfic! Can't wait to read more... :]

EDIT:
Ok I remember when he said it! But its driving me crazy because I do not remember where in his book that he said... So if anyone could help me out. :]
J<3B
CastMeNotAway

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Juliana<3Jake wrote:Ok I remember when he said it! But its driving me crazy because I do not remember where in his book that he said... So if anyone could help me out. :]
Middle of pg 149 :)

(And I'm still working on the next chapter... it WILL be posted eventually! I've just been realllly busy with school lately!)
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Yay thanks can't wait! :]

Is there no one else to add to the jopic? :(
J<3B
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

I've missed a lot of good Jake convo in here over the past week.

How are all my fellow Jake lovers?

I like "Can you take the heat" the best of the two if that counts for anything. I like that and "Hotter than you since (whatever year he was born that I can't remember, lol)"
Juliana<3Jake

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

^^
Awesome well welcome back!

And thanks for the shirt comment. I've decided on can you take the heat? :]
Sooo since you havent been on in awhile... what'd you think of Jake in BD?
J<3B
ashleygill03
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by ashleygill03 »

Jake's book in BD was, in my opinion, what saved the book.
I loved being able to get inside Jake's mind. He's such a complex character.

I absolutely loved the chapter titles, and just the overall feel of his book. Bella's books started to drone on and on and on to me. I actually like BD just because of Jake's part.

I really thought that he would end up with Leah though. I'm not disappointed with how it ends, because I really just wanted Jake to be able to find his happiness. He deserves it after all he's been though.

I could go on and on...
CastMeNotAway

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Yeah, I'm so glad that he was able find his happiness with Nessie. He found the one person who was made for him... the person he was meant for.

Sure, he has to wait 4-5 years or so, but something tells me he won't mind. Once Nessie grows up I'm sure they'll be as happy together as Edward and Bella are... maybe even MORE happy.

But I was definately getting a Jake/Leah vibe too! I was kinda disappointed it didn't turn out that way... But Nessie's okay with me, as long as she official changes her name to "Nessie". Because, in all honesty, I CANNOT STAND "Renesmee".