Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Post by Pel »

Welcome to Relish Dog Pound #5 ladies! Image

Thank you again to the brilliant Cocoa, for helping us, again, lol.
Appreciated all the more because we know how busy she is with all the interviews :D

You want to join the RDP, just post to say so!
I'll add you asap!

When you join the RDP, you'll be handed a toga, confusing, yea? :lol:
The RDP toga is explained Here
:P

The RDP has a few simple rules, you can read those Here

For a laugh, check out the Jake-tionary

[b]1. BelleBleu26 - Alicia (Co-President)
2. Cinderella85 - Kellie (Co-President) [/b]
3. Impasse
4. Thebeastsbella
5. Marcy
6. TheSinger
7. Mayde
8. ~Delilah Rose~
9. Ullii
10. Wolbachia
11. Alice_fan
12. N.Sidney
13. MarthaWashington
14. Polaris
15. Klutzy_albino
16. Manthara
17. sarah-belle
18. The Green Queen
19. Puzzie219
20. Viry
21. cami1219
22. Twilightvampire17
23. Red_Ink
24. alanna the knightess
25. bbbailey
26. Fae-Fae
27. just_2_white_n_nerdy
28. vampiresr4ever
29. 7777Melis7777
30. Amor
31. the-flaw
32. bronzehairedgirl *Special Honorary RDP*
33. Be My Escape *Special Honorary RDP*

36. hope[less]
37. ~Foxiego~
38. katherynne
39. Kyran
40. EDWARD_LOVER14
41. Twilove
42. Kerosene
43. jenn_1314
44. bella_luna
45. willow
46. ceenindee
47. Cioccolata
48. Hellish Red Devil
49. Sunshine Rouge
50. INertia
51. namachachi
52. I_Love_JB
53.vampiresr4ever
54.juliet_earnshaw
55. Beck0932
56. Belltatrix
57. Betting On Alice
58. Immortal Love
59. ForksBound
60. forever_seventeen
61. Erynne
62. Butterscotch eyes
63. no_sir
64. dragon-girl
65. Banna
66. Reed
67. Copper and Sunshine
68. twilightgurl77
69. Oasin
70. yessie_o
71. I*choose*both
72. ashisqueen
73. -= Koshi =-
74. Kiljoy
75. MissCullen
76. VomitOtherwise
77. LovesTwilightx3
78. gypsyeyes
79. mannymarie
80. Kurai_Hanazono
81. thecutiedisease
82. katy_twilight_biteme
83. alie
84. Tongue_tied
85. Carma
86. October-Minded
87. LindsAy
88. TwingKey
89. Chapter Thirteen
90. hello ali 91
91. danobanano
92. ladygem
93. PrettyMissTab
94. BreatheMe
95. live_it_love_it33
96. edwardlover6201
97. famousindafuture
98. E.C. Dahlia
99. edward98
100. CastMeNotAway
101. ILoveEdwardAndJacob
102. Incantare
103. truly_esme
104. Simply Kiwi
105. Cocoa_Blush
106. yours to rescue
107. gimic
108. ♥
109. Humorme17
110. Sara Rose
111. Aoi Sakura
112. Always_in_my_dreams
113. lulu
114. Bella Cantarina
115. EmmaBiteMe
116. fallslikerain
117. Ouisa
118. Nef586
119. christina b
120. BYU Irish Girl
121. twilightofmylife
122. Juliet
123. greenmom
124. Citrine
125. lolashley
126. Maria1023
127. x we laugh indoors x
128. Enough4ever821
129. Ailea
130. Ostentatious6277
131. patienceisavirtue
131. Wild_Fire16
132. Samantha Cullen
133. eclipsed
134. imprinted_on_jacob_black
135. J&E_Twilight
136. shia
137. I_LOVE_JACOB17
138. Drkfairy
139. Jasson_Dai
140. JacobsBella
141. Clumsy101
142. mornings_glory
143. heart_jacob
144. VampireLoverxoxo
145. Riddikulus
146. EvenFreaksNeedLove
147. Jocelynn
148. saDiablo
149. sunkrist
150. Bella_Beautiful
151. LaurenW
152. FireLuna
153. The Ordinary Girl
154. Terra Fiore
155. Cocoa *Special Honorary RDP*
156. BELLALUVSED
157. PlasticLion
158. edwardxbellaxjacob
159. Emilie
160. CherryRedChevy_53
161. amoredward
162. CharlotteBlack
163. Twinkletoesies
164. TougherThanThat
165. yourleftshoe
166. zrbs
167. x0XPixieDustX0x
168. YankeeDoodleDandy
169. Shark4
170. EllieCullen
171. undecidedBella
172. drops of twilight
173. avajolie
174. Alcyone *Special Honorary RDP and Resident Weather Reporter*
175. *Sunshine*
176. IrishTea
177. Jacob Lover
178. unbornbella
179. Gatekeeper
180. Sha-Nikki
181. KC_91
182. THE Real Duckie
183. Rainlyn
184. irunwithvampires
185. sdsbc1
186. kogasha
187. Hamster
188. Mrs.Jacob-Black
189. daniiidarko
190. .meowmiix.
191. Hitohana
192. Variety
193. That_girl
194. Edwardisanangel!
195. Flynn
196. ducttapekitty
197. McKay
198. moniqueblack20
199. plainpaper2
200. fancypatches
201. BoysfromBooks
202. Across The Stars
203. virginiax7
204. belladora7
205. Fire and Ice
206. the-flaw
207. Alana
208. pruedence110588
209. silversymphony620
210. Jacoblovesedward
211. Sunrise Star
212. LoyalTango
213. Nikkita
214. Jasperr
215. UglyCoyote
216. ilovewerevamps
217. jacob-rox-my-sox
218. TAFsbabyy
219. mypersonalson
220. Rikuliam
221. Goldenaster
222. RambeR
223. Gemini93
224. desflo
225. CamberXite
226. mz.cullenn
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Relish Dog Pound - Oh la la, Jacob!

Post by Cinderella85 »

Er... Welcome back to the Relish Dog Pound, ladies.
I haven't a clue what the jopic was before everything went haywire, so I vote we just start a new one. I think I read on the main page that BD chat is open for all yea? So let's start with that.

Jacob's role in BD, your thoughts?
(Remember people, we're all about the love :) )

Personally I adored it (and the book as a whole).
There was a brief part somewhere in the middle where I wondered what on earth was going on with Jake, he seemed all wrong, but it ended perfectly. I was so so worried about his "happy ending" but Stephenie made it completely perfect.

My fav Jake quote... So so so many. Off hand, it's gotta be one of his chapter titles, it was completely heart breaking :cry:

What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.

Do we have a ship name yet? Jessie? Nescob? Jacsie?? :lol:
Love Jacob? Join the RDP!
CastMeNotAway
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Relish the Dogpound--Jacob lovers unite

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Yay! The RDP is BACK! :D

Personally, Jacob's section was my favorite part of the book (and not just because I'm in love with the guy.) It really helped me understand his character even more and gave me a new appreciation for the type of bond the pack shares... and *gasp* it made me like Leah! Also, it was really cool to see the Cullens from the POV of an "outsider".

Ooh! Don't make me pick a favorite quote! LoL

I loved the chapter title you picked, Cinderella85! It made me so sad before I even read what the chapter was about! There were a lot of serious, heart-wrenching quotes I enjoyed from Jacob...

But (to lighten the mood!) I loved it when Jacob was telling them about how Charlie asked if Bella turned into an animal too and he replied "She wishes she were that cool!" I burst out laughing. Jacob = Love.

And... LMAO at "Jacsie" :lol:
Sig by me, icon by wwonder at LJ ~ 9/11/07 & 11/15/08 <3 ~ Official "Innocent Bystander" of the Robnapping Crew!
BelleBleu26
Settled in Forks

Post by BelleBleu26 »

Yayyynnesss! Its so good to be back! Its been forever ladies, forever!
Breaking Dawn was great. It took me a little bit to digest it, but loved it.
I am happy with Jacob's ending. His happiness is this wolfgurl's happiness!

*waves at Kellie*
*sits in chaise and begins to sip on Piña Joladas*

As for my favorite Jacob quote, I must go find one. :D
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Post by Cinderella85 »

CastMeNotAway wrote:and *gasp* it made me like Leah!
I will have to agree with you there, I went the same way, I actually like her now, too :o
CastMeNotAway wrote:I loved it when Jacob was telling them about how Charlie asked if Bella turned into an animal too and he replied "She wishes she were that cool!" I burst out laughing.
Oh Jake had the best quotes! For sure.
And his remark about how Charlie reacted when he started to take his clothes off, and the constant blonde jokes.
I like that he kind of did become part of the Cullen family in the end, they all accepted eachother, playful jokes and all :)

*pours herself a pina jolada and sits down on her chaise next to Alicia*

Oh, his book was my favourite too. It probably helped that I completely adore him, but aside from that, it was just brilliant. I liked all the conversations they had in their heads, between the pack. And how much did I love Seth following Jake, awww. Seth is like a mini-Jake
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Relish Dog Pound - Oh la la, Jacob!

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Cinderella85 wrote:What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.

Do we have a ship name yet? Jessie? Nescob? Jacsie?? :lol:
I like Jacsie. :]
(is it pronounced Jake-C? Because I think its super cute! :D)

And that was one of my favorite quotes too!
So I made a graphic for it.. :]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/K ... efinal.gif

And I'm about to make another one for..
"He's brave. Brave as you are. Didn't pass out or throw up or anything. I gotta say, I was impressed. You should'v3e seen his face when i started taking my clothes off, though. Priceless," Jacob chortled.

I'm so glad the RDP is back it was kinda dead back at the old lex.. haha. :D

Anywayz... Yeah Jake's part was definitely my favorite part of BD! He is so funny and I like that we get to see that full-time. :] and even though he wasn't very happy so to say in his chapters it was still so light and heart warming to read!

I loved it when he became "Alpha" I started freaking out! I was like thats my Jake! :]

And I feel so stupid because at the end of his book I was like thats weird. And I didnt find out until Bella attacked him that he had imprinted on her!

I know a lot of people have called it a plot hole cause SMeyer couldnt find a solution to Jake's problem... But it SOO wasn't!!! If you think about it it was when he imprinted it was like the climax of his story cause all of the events in NM and Eclipse had been leading up to it... But I love Jesse/Nescob/Jacsie!
And I dont know why but I don't see anything creepy that Jake used to have a crush on Bella... lol. I can see why some people say that but it doesn't creepy me out at all.
Jake and Nessie just are and just cause Jake used to like her mom doesnt disturb me. :]

At the end I was balling when Bella had put Nessie on Jake's back and he was about to leave. That was probably the most I've cried in a book. And although I thought it was a BIG cliche when Edward said my son. I just like had to stop reading cause I was crying so hard.

wow that was a long post. But its hard to sum up Jake in BD in a short one... There's more I can add. But thats good enough for now. :]
Last edited by Juliana<3Jake on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J<3B
Juliana<3Jake
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Juliana<3Jake »

Sorry for double posting but I just made this hilarious graphic for Jake!! You gotta check it out! :]

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/K ... MGLO2L.gif
J<3B
Cinderella85
Wandering Through Town

Re: Relish Dog Pound - Oh la la, Jacob!

Post by Cinderella85 »

^ I'm with you. It was the perfect ending for Jake. The best happy ending.
I think his love for Bella probably had something to do with Nessie, she was always a part of Bella, sort of, genes and what not I dunno, I just don't find it weird.
Jake and Nessie are love.
Ahhh, I had the same thought with the Alpha bit. I sort of jumped up in bed very "Go Jake!! That's my boy!"
And I also agree with your sum up of his book. Alot of it was heartbreaking, but it was still light, and he's just so sarcastic, I love it.
Juliana<3Jake wrote:At the end I was balling when Bella had put Nessie on Jake's back and he was about to leave. That was probably the most I've cried in a book. And although I thought it was a BIG cliche when Edward said my son. I just like had to stop reading cause I was crying so hard.
Me too! And I'm so surprised by the mixed reactions to that 'son' part, that is my favourite quote from the entire book! And their goodbyes, oh my, I was bawling at that point.

Jacob turned to me, his expressive eyes full of agony, the rumbling growl still grating though his chest.
“You’re the only one we could trust with her,” I murmured to him. “If you didn’t love her so much, I could never bear this. I know you can protect her, Jacob.”
He whined again, and dipped his head to butt it against my shoulder.
“I know,” I whispered. “I love you, too, Jake. You’ll always be my best man.”
A tear the size of a baseball rolled into the russet fur beneath his eye.
Edward leaned his head against the same shoulder where he’d placed Renesmee. “Goodbye, Jacob, my brother …my son.”

Oh gawd, I'm tearing up now just reading it again :cry:
EvenFreaksNeedLove
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EvenFreaksNeedLove »

YAY for the RPD!!!! :D I'm actually gunna post in it this time hahaha :D

Oh my gosh! Yeah, when Bella said you'll always be my best man I almost started bawling I was like gaaaaaah! But then Edward called him "my son" and I was like... um... alrighty then. Hahaha. Awww that was a really great part in the book (But of course Edward had to ruin it. [well for me anyways, I guess he was just being nice and all, I just thought that was kinda weird] Dang. Haha)

Jakey's book was so amazing! I love his POV! He's just such a great boy! *squeee* I wanna huggle him! *cough* um yeah. Yeah even though he was so depressed and everything was messed up he was still so funny! He's the master of all.

Awwww and Jake at the wedding was so just awwwww! *goes to listen to Congraulations by Blue October and cry* He's so amazing. The poor guy. He's just GAH!!!

Yeah, I'm happy for Jake imprinting on Nessie. I mean, sure I kinda wish it was someone else but this way he get's to stay with Bella and the Cullen's forever in a big happy family. :D I also think the imprinting on Nessie was another way of backing up the thought that in a normal world without vampires and monsters Bella and Jake would be together. If Bella had chosen Jake, they would lived hapily ever after cuz Nessie wouldn't exist (right... or am I like totally wrong? Sorry I'm really stupid). And yeah... yay for Jakey being happy <3

Haha it made me like Leah too. I actually really like her. She's one of my favourite characters now. Dang! haha!

Juliana<3Jake that graphic is so funny! hahaha!

I love all his quotes hahahaha. Jeez, uh. Well of course I love the wizard of Oz one(THAT CHAPTER WAS THE BEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER READ!! HOLY CATS! I WAS LIKE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :o :o :cry: )... hmm I'll have to look through the book and find my favourites.
What do I look like? The Wizard of Oz? You need a brain? You need a heart? Go ahead. Take mine. Take everything I have.
JB<3
BelleBleu26
Settled in Forks

Post by BelleBleu26 »

One of my favorite parts was Jake making his appearance at the wedding. I remember my fiance and I were in the car and I was reading the first couple of chapter to him as he drove. I immediately became choked up and started crying when he returns. I felt like he had been gone for so long. I missed him so much and part of me felt at ease knowing that he was safely back home, even if it was temporarily.

Ok here's my question, why are people having issues with "the son" quote? I remember thinking, Hmmm thats odd. But never really took it the wrong way. I really enjoyed Edward and Jacob's closeness in this book. I love how it gradually turns into love and respect as opposed to the start of the book.