I went to Forks!

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: I went to Forks!

Post by Openhome »

My husband and I visited the area and ate and got supplies in Forks about 12 years ago. When he was stationed at Fairchild AFB, we would go and hike the Olympic range. Absolutely incredible!!! If you are wanting to see it on a budget, CAMP!! There are a lot of great sites near Forks, just make sure EVERYTHING to take is waterproof. Camping there was magical long before Bella and Edward appeared to SM in a dream. I highly recommend sleeping among the giant trees! :)
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

My dad is currently in Yakama which is a long distance from Forks but I told him to drive up there and buy me a souvenir and maybe a t shirt and a few pictures.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

I'm going to the Olympic Peninsula in March as part of a vacation based in Seattle and I can't wait! :D

I've only got 2 nights for the trip and am thinking of staying at the La Push Oceanside Resort (anyone stayed there?). My current planned itinerary is:

Wednesday...
Early morning, pick up rental car
Drive to Port Angeles via the ferry just north of Seattle
Lunch in Port Angeles (Bella Italia hopefully!)
After lunch, drive to Forks
Stop at the Chamber of Commerce, get a map
Do some sightseeing, hopefully shop in Dazzled by Twilight & the Thriftway
Drive to La Push (or wherever I'm staying)

Thursday...
Chill out in La Push, walk the beaches, etc
Maybe drive out to Forks for lunch

Friday...
Drive out to the Hoh Rainforest for a walk
Drive back to Seattle

Anything must-do I've missed? I'm a bit concerned about not missing anything, but also not trying to do too much in the short amount of time I've got.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
SarahGoddard
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by SarahGoddard »

DazzledBrit your going to Forks! I saw your link in your sig and thought "hmmm".

The reason being I'm planning a big trip to the States and me and Sami (fellow Gen_Y-er Lexling) are going to Forks and La Push for a couple of days!

We're staying at Dew Drop Inn which is where SM stayed for a booksigning once :)

Any suggestions of places to go in the limited two days will be very much appreciated. We're planning dinner in Bella Italia too if we can. Do you reckon the prices of their mushroom risotto are twice what they should be because everyone orders it? :lol:

~1/2 of the infamous Snowgod~
Sarah just needs her Lexily to get her through the day.
Left her ♥ on the Gen Y thread, Rockin' the 3rd person!
:mrgreen:
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Post by danobanano »

Only Two days in Forks? Make sure you stop by a LaPush Beach on a Sunny day and sit on some driftwood while pretending to be Bella & Jake. When I was there two years ago we tried to have a bon fire to see the different colors of the driftwood burn, it didn't work too well. but the scenery was delightful.

And also drive through the Hoh Rainforest looking for a turnoff that could possibly be the Cullen's driveway. I know the bed & breakfast in town does a great job pretending to be the Cullen's House, but I enjoyed the mystery of finding a hard to see turn off in the forest and imagining vampires only live a little ways away. Enjoy your trip!
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
dazzledBrit
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dazzledBrit »

dazzledBrit wrote:Wednesday...
Drive to Port Angeles via the ferry just north of Seattle
Lunch in Port Angeles (Bella Italia hopefully!)
After lunch, drive to Forks
Stop at the Chamber of Commerce, get a map
Do some sightseeing, hopefully shop in Dazzled by Twilight & the Thriftway
Drive to La Push

Thursday...
Chill out in La Push, walk the beaches, etc
Maybe drive out to Forks for lunch

Friday...
Drive out to the Hoh Rainforest for a walk
Drive back to Seattle
Well I'm still planning on following the above itinerary. I'm staying at the Quileute Oceanside Resort.

I think that for 2 days, I've got the main things covered...Forks, La Push & the beaches there, Bella Italia & Dazzled by Twilight. I believe there is also a Dazzled by Twilight shop in Port Angeles, so you might be able to save sometime by going there while in Port Angeles to go to Bella Italia, and then just driving through Forks.
Rob's Halfway House member ~ Kristen, Rob AND Taylor fan - The Twilight pedant

Heading to Forks soon...
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

oh god im so immensely jealous reading every1's posts on here it really does sound magical! altho my best twi-bud and i are planning a trip next year, we've only just started to hammer out a few details, altho not, because we are going to attempt to coincide it with the release of Breaking Dawn so that we can do the whole camping out for the world premiere thing, not that its even been filmed yet or the ink dry on the screenplay :lol: but you know at least it gives us time to save, and im intrigued by the whole camping idea, we hadnt looked at that yet! i may have to im sure i could handle it i go to at least 2 festivals a year lol
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Edwards_Bella
Learning to Love Green

Post by Edwards_Bella »

when i have the money i want to make Forks my home. i'm already looking at houses but i should open an account so part of my pay goes in it it's called 'the forks account'
<3 Look after my heart - I've left it with you <3
Click on the egg
LadyParasyte
Settled in Forks

Post by LadyParasyte »

I am 29 years old and do not have a drivers license. When I was in high school I was much too nervous and twitchy to bring myself to take the road test. So my goal before my upcoming wedding and 30th birthday is to get my drivers license.

The big goal? To plan a road trip with my hubby to Forks. According to mapquest a non-stop drive from Chicago would take 1 day and 13 hours. Probably longer for us since we will plan to stop at a hotel on the way for at least one night.

Anyone recommend some sites to visit along the way there? Also, would like to stay in a relaxing cabin type place near La Push if anything exists?
"If you're going to be obscure the least you could do is be clear about it".
This is my band: http://www.ladyparasyte.com
Support us on facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/LadyParasyte/6837597221
Thanks! :)
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

My friend and I are going to go next summer.
Banner by TammyAZ