Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by roseaurora »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:All of the vampires with quantifiable abilities seem to instantly consider them a sixth sense... or rather a seventh sense, as they already see dead people.

Sorry, that didn't add anything to the conversation.

About Maggie's power, do you think its mental or physical? I'm pretty sure Bella had lied in front of her, but Maggie didn't react to that. She's usually very vocal when she hears a liar.
What would Bella have lied in front of her about...?

I would think its mental, but perhaps vampires have "tells" when they lie like humans do and she registers those physical changes... like eyes dilating... actually, that is the only one I can think of since there is no heart or breathing rate to increase, no sweating...hmmmm. And it wouldn't surprise me if vamps are so in tune and in control of their bodies that they could prevent the eyes from dilating...

...so... after all that pondering out loud (so to speak), I would think that it would have to mental...? Because vampires are too in control to have physiological signs like humans do.

My vote is mental :lol: (especially if Bella has lied in front of her, since Maggie never mentioned it...)
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Geez, folks. I step away for a few hours and I miss three pages of posts!! Whew! Well, let me throw in my pov on a few of them.
SenorGimp wrote:What if Edward had never had to save Bella from the van, if Tyler Crowley (wasn't it?) had been paying attention and driving carefully.
would edward have still tried to get to know bella, would bella have had any reason to suspect edward was other than human, etc.?
anxiously awaiting your thoughts
SenorGimp, yes, absolutely, Edward would still have pursued Bella, coveting her to use his words. He was already beginnging to fall in love with her before the van incident. And, I agree with Navarre that, with Bella being the catastrophe magnet she was, even if Tyler didn't try to kill her with his van, some other crazy thing would have happened. Who knows what. The cafeteria roof would have collapsed and trapped her (shout out, Ariadnee ;) ) She might not have had so many reasons to suspect he was other than human, but as observant as she is, she would have found others.
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Question time!

How do you suppose gifted vampires like, Maggie, and Jasper can sense when they're being told a lie or a certain emotion? How do they recieve it? Through a notion..a what?
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3, they are all going to be a little different, those "sensory" gifts. For someone like Jasper, I think it would be very similar to Edward's gift, but instead of hearing the thoughts, he would feel the emotions. His gift would be in his heart, rather than his head. But, I always also put a physical component with Jasper's gift, since, when he acts to alter the emotions, it acts directly on the body. So, it would be a combination of "seeing" the physical changes in the body related to the emotion (ie increased heart rate, change in hormone levels etc) and then "feeling" the emotion.
But, for someone like Maggie, it would be more like Bella and her shield. During the BD battle, when she becomes enraged and her shield truly comes under her control, she describes it as seeing it as a red glow that she could extend and shape around those she wanted to protect, sensing them as points of light and heat around her. It took a "physical" form in her mind she could then control. I don't know if that makes much sense, other than in my head. But, that's how I explain it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

The story that BuffyGrl3 and I wrote is finished and posted on fanfiction.net.
here's the link if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4820154/1/The_Delajio

**EDIT**
Okay, so new topic.
This is going to be a bit of a touchy subject, so please don't get mad at me.
How would the ending of Breaking Dawn have been different had Edward's venom not been enough to save Bella after the birth of Renesmee? :o :shock: :cry:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
suzyq248
Learning to Love Green

Post by suzyq248 »

SenorGimp - that is just twilight blasphamy to think of Bella not surviving :o It would kill edward and give Renesmee a complex like Nahuel and even though Jacob imprinted on Renesmee I think he would still be pretty devastated.
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:Okay, so new topic.
How would the ending of Breaking Dawn have been different had Edward's venom not been enough to save Bella after the birth of Renesmee? :o :shock: :cry:
Wow, SenorGimp, I don't know that I even want to speculate about that. But, as you posed the question, here you go. After days mourning over the body of his beloved, I cannot fathom the depth of his grief. I am torn about what he would do, though. Of course, my initial reaction is that he would be off to Volterra to fulfill his vow to follow after Bella into death. But, Renesmee certainly complicates things. Over on the Bella thread, debate has raged about her decision to send Renesmee with Jacob and stay in the meadow and fight, even die, with Edward. But, in this case, there isn't any danger to Renesmee or the family yet. What would Edward do, torn between his new found love for his daughter, and his automatic loathing of anything that hurts Bella? Gods, I can't imagine the torment. I think, in the end, his grief and guilt would overtake him. We have already established that vampires experience emotion to a greater degree. Between his overwhelming grief over her death, his all-consuming guilt at not being able to save her and (in his mind) causing her death in the first place, I think he would see himself as unworthy to be a father to this beautiful creation that is so much like Bella. He would never be able to face his family and tell them of his decision. He would leave quietly, leaving Renesmee in the capable hands of Carlisle and Esme, also knowing that Jacob, as well as the rest of the family would be there to protect her. He would return to Volterra, once again asking Aro to kill him. Through his thoughts, Aro and the rest of the Volturi would know the full truth about Renesmee, and the final confrontation would never happen. Edward would keep his word and join Bella as soon as he was able. If Aro didn't agree to kill him this time, he would make him. No messing around with the dramatic set-ups this time. He'd hear their decision, and charge Demetri or Felix.
The one x factor is how Aro would react to Renesmee in his conversations with Edward. If Aro shows too much interest, revives his plan to collect pieces of the Cullen family for himself, it might spark enough of a reaction in Edward to want to protect his family. But, even then, in the end, he would see it as a route to a well deserved destruction.
SenorGimp, I almost want to say I hate you for making me go there. :cry:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I know. I almost hate myself for bringing it up
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SenorGimp wrote:The story that BuffyGrl3 and I wrote is finished and posted on fanfiction.net.
here's the link if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4820154/1/The_Delajio

**EDIT**
Okay, so new topic.
Yuck!!!! And you were doing so well.... :lol:

Simply, he would have died. Period.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

yuck?
hmmm, guess i crossed a line, huh? :oops:
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

SenorGimp wrote:yuck?
hmmm, guess i crossed a line, huh? :oops:
Yes, but because you are so eloquent in your postings, you can be forgiven for the most heinous of blasphemies.
:lol: ;)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

sweet.
i do think it is a valid scenario to consider, however...
i'll try and keep my musings on a less depressing level from here on out. :D