Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by navarre »

SenorGimp wrote:New question:
How would the story have progressed differently had Jacob assumed his role as Alpha right from the start?
I have to agree with Jazz Girl.
ButI think Jacob would have had to be in the clearing and with the pack the whole time, so the Fire & Ice chapter may have been a void.

He certainly would have told Bella about his new 'life style' because he does not want to lose her for any reason.
I am saying that because he gave the 'okay' to allow Edward to turn Bella without repercussions of a voided treaty and I think Jacob sometimes looks at the situation more deeply than just following what the original treaty dictates.

But on another note, there could have been a stronger possibility that he may have attacked the Cullens quicker because of his anger and jealousy of Edward's relationship with Bella and his immense hatred of the vampires. Remember I'm saying there could be NOT that it would be.

Hope I made sense.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

welcome navarre, glad to have you!
I mostly agree with what you said, I think the ending of BD would have been a lot more tragic if Jacob had been alpha from the start, probably ending with all of the Cullens and probably all of the pack dead, minus maybe one on whichever side won, and dramatic music would have filled the air, the unchangeable tragedy of Bella's lullaby, probably, ending, as it always does, on a horribly melancholy note..
what the hell am i talking about?
i need a labodomy, anyone from MK ultra?? :lol:
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
navarre

Post by navarre »

SenorGimp wrote:welcome navarre, glad to have you!
I mostly agree with what you said, I think the ending of BD would have been a lot more tragic if Jacob had been alpha from the start, probably ending with all of the Cullens and probably all of the pack dead, minus maybe one on whichever side won, and dramatic music would have filled the air, the unchangeable tragedy of Bella's lullaby, probably, ending, as it always does, on a horribly melancholy note..
what the hell am i talking about?
i need a labodomy, anyone from MK ultra?? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are a trip!!
And, I agree with that.(Your response, that is). :D
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

you think so?
check out IReadBooksToo in the twilight guys and XY only threads.. he/she (i'm not sure of their gender) is one of the most contentious people i have ever had the displeasure (actually i'm enjoying putting him/her in his/her place) of interacting with... seriously, your mind will be blown.
navarre

Post by navarre »

Double Posting Alert!! Sorry.

Here's my What If...

What do you think would happen if the Children of the Moon had a confrontation with the Pack?

1) Who would win that one?

2) If one of the pack were bitten would:
a) He/She be 'turned'
b) Would he/she die? Because vampire venom is considered poisonous to the Pack, is true werewolf viral saliva poisonous too?

c) Nothing would happen to the Pack, it would just piss them off and open that 'can of spinach' I'll be interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

To make life easier on myself, I'll call Jacob's breed shapeshifters or spirit wolves.

I think that the spirit wolves would win that one easily, they can turn into a wolf any time they want, and they seem to have much more discipline and self-control. The werewolves are painted out to become slaves to their instincts, so I don't think that they have much of a chance. It also doesn't seem likely that they share a pack-mind, which is a huge advantage for the shapeshifters.

I want to say no to being turned. I don't know why, but I think that all the viral, mythical, saliva works exclusively on humans. Vampire venom doesn't work on animals and Jacob smells like an animal, so I imagine that werewolf saliva is the same. For all I know though, I could be comparing apple and oranges. If they did get turned into a werewolf would they be a shapeshifter who changes at will for most of the month and turn into a werewolf for the full moon? Personally, I like to lean towards 'no effect', simply because it would be so entertaining to see a werewolf bite Leah - expecting her to writhe in pain or something - only to see her very pissed off as the bite mark heals and rip said werewolf to shreds.

Sorry if my post aren't novel-length.
Last edited by who_needs_fangs? on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I think the pack would win for sure!

What little we know about the Children of the Moon shows that they are only wolves at night (possibly during a full moon, but that was specified I don't think), that they are driven on instinct, and they are solitary.

So, if the pack came across a COTM, it would most likely be alone and very out numbered. And once the pack fights one, they will understand how to kill them more easily the next time. And maybe learn their sent and be able to pick them off while they are in human form.

I also think that the pack would not be able to change if bitten, their physiology is too different from humans to expect the same result, I think.

BUT... what if they encounter each other, and become friends?! :shock: :lol:

If the found a COTM in human form, maybe they would be able to connect with them on a whole 'nother level and relate to each other, you know? But, we don't really have enough info about the COTM to base that off of, just thought it was an interesting idea :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

okay fangs, that would be hilarious, i love the idea... Leah would be so pissed!
and rose, I especially liked what you said, that maybe they could use the pack mine to extend to the werewolves, maybe show him the ropes and help him gain control, like a rehabilitation for werewolves...
That would be an amazing feat, but it does seem a bit of a stretch.
If it ever came down to it, I'm pretty sure that the spirit wolves would annihilate the werewolves, even when facing them in large numbers, as the pack have an actual human conscious and capacity to think in their wolf form, and are thus have far more intelligence than the feral slavering instincts of the werewolf allows for.
Great question though. I'm surprised i haven't considered that myself...
I guess that just goes to show the amount of material still worth discussing on this series, layers upon layers upon layers..
:D
navarre

Post by navarre »

Yes, and those layers must be unfolded and picked through.^^^^^ :D
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

I was thinking more on a "Hey, we both turn into wolves... what are you feeling about turning into a wolf?" kind of connection... not joining into the shared mind of the pack, I would highly doubt they would ever be able to do that.

Just bonding over the shared experience :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!