Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Twilight Speculation thread

Post by Nena »

Speculate how things would have turned out if the characters had made different choices?
Like always follow all our forum rules and remember that we are not a debate forum, this thread is just to posts your "what if" scenarios.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by roseaurora »

I hope it is alright to kick this off.

In the Bella character thread we started talking about what Bella would have done had Edward not been in Forks...

... Would she have stayed in Forks through graduation? or would she have moved to Florida when her mom and Phil got settled there?

...Would she have still been drawn to the Cullens given that vampires didn't "scare" her the way they do "normal" people?

... If she was drawn to them, would she have ended up becoming one of them given her gift and the way it seemed she was always ment to be a vampire (based on how "easy" it was for her"?

... Or was she destined to be a vampire only because of Edward and therefore would have a whole 'nother destiny if he never existed in her world?

... Would she have ended up with Jacob?

I know that's a lot, lol... but its all been bouncing around my head...

This is what I had posted...
buffygrl3 wrote:
Of course, if she would have stayed in Forks, I really think she and Jacob would have had a strong relationship. After all, we have to keep in mind that the egg which became Renesmee, is still a part of Bella whether Edward's there or not. So even if she wasn't torn apart by Edward, she would still have felt that pull toward Jake. Assuming that is, that the rest of the Cullen family was there to instigate the whole werewolf thing... since the reason for the pull was half of an imprint...
I think it is a bit of a stretch to say that the egg that would be Renesmee would draw Jacob to Bella. Without Edward, there is no Renesmee. And without Edward, the road was clear for Jacob to pursue Bella, so why would he wait around for her to have a daughter when he falls for Bella (and there is no "competetion")... you know?

I do think that Bella would have stayed in Forks through graduation even if there was no Edward. I agree that Rene most likely invited her back to Florida because of the accident... It seemed to me that she was planning on road tripping with Phil full time and when she talked to Bella about the move she said she would only do half.

What do you think would have happened had the other Cullens been at school (but no Edward)? do you think she would be drawn to them?

I would like to think that maybe she and Alice would still have become friends. Bella isn't afraid of the Cullens the way "normal" people are and her "sheild" would still be there (I would think). And she would still have the potential to be a super vampire... If she was always destined to be a vampire maybe it could have still happened without Edward.

Although without Edward.. who she was destined for, her intire destiny could be completely different!

Haha! I have no idea if any of that made sense... thanks for baring with me! I was pretty much just thinking out loud through all of that...

And then...

These are the things that pop in my head when Twilight is on my brain and I should be reading something for class.. haha.

I was still processing what I posted earlier and it occurred to me that without Edward, I doubt that the Cullens would have been able to exist so easily amoung humans, so they most likely wouldn't have been in school without Edward. It might have been mentioned more in MS then the others, I can't remember off the top of my head, but they make the point that they depend on Edward's ability to make sure that no one is getting too suspicious of them or figuring out what they are. And when it does happen, Edward is able to give them a heads up early on so they can move on before it becomes a problem for them.

I noticed that there is now a Twilight Specualtion Thread... would be a great place to continue this kind of discussion... I think I am off the Bella topic just a bit now...
Last edited by roseaurora on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I'll repost what I posted in the bella thread here too, then add on to it...

No, that's a very good point rose, one of the countless ones I've failed to even consider... And I call myself a twilight fan!! lol
I've never thought about whether Bella would become a vamp anyway without Edward there, but somehow I kind of doubt it, at least that she would have been turned by the Cullens, anyway. I mean, the only reason any of the Cullens take any interest in Bella is because Edward is so effected by her, and that Alice sees Bella in their future because of Edward... Maybe Alice still would have seen herself becoming friends with Bella, but if that were the case, I highly doubt that Bella would have been privy to the truth about their nature, as the most important edict in the vampire world, the Cullens included, is protecting the secret, and there would be no reason without Edward for Bella to be in on the secret...
Although Bella is quite perceptive, and she still has Jake as a source of information, but I doubt she would have believed him, or searched so feverishly for an explanation without Edward there to drive her curiousity, anyway.
I'm really not sure...

To add to that, I don't think Jacob would have imprinted on Bella, because, as was mentioned earlier, they would have made good "natural" soul-mates, and although it's useful, imprinting is definitely not a 'natural' part of human love, and I don't think that factor would have been necessary for Jacob and Bella to develop a genuine love for each other, but as I've also previously stated, I think it would have been a much longer process, them falling in love, than it was in New Moon, without the expedient of Bella's damaged state of mind, and her desperate need to find someone to ease the pain... I definitely think that Bella and Jacob could have worked, though, it just would have lacked the 'supernatural' intensity of love that we have all become so accustomed to, at least in the pages of this story...
?

...editing this post with still more speculation...

..."unshielding" is the topic.

That would be a really cool talent, but something about the way you said it makes me think that that would be more of a Bella-type talent than a Renesmee talent... Mainly because Nessie doesn't 'un-shield' people, it's just that, to her, there might as well not be a shield, because no one can keep her out... With Bella, though, near the end of Breaking Dawn, she figures out how to "un-shield" herself so that Edward can hear her, which, after reading your post, made me think, "hmmm, I wonder if, once Bella figures out the dynamics of what exactly she does to remove her shield from her, if she could isolate other peoples' shields and use the same technique to "un-shield" them too"...
I mean, when Bella masters her shield in 'Bloodlust', she sort of 'sees' or maybe feels it as a semi-permeable membrane-type thing, right?
So what's to stop her from sensing other's shields and being able to disable them, given enough time to practice and perfect the ability?
That would be cool...
I'm gonna have to repost this in the speculation thread, too...
lol

(I originally posted this in the Edward thread, in response to, I think, a post from mikkib...)
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
ravenGirl2468
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Going crazy trying to find my real version of Emmett or Dean Winchester

Post by ravenGirl2468 »

i think the last book made alice look bad becouse she left even though she came back and alice was bellas first friend so i dont think that was fair
~Team Emmett
Team Carlisle
~On the list~ Karl is my Twi-guy!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

I can sort of see that, but I also 'knew' (never doubted, anyway) that alice wouldn't just ditch out on them to save her own hide, even if she couldn't have seen another way out of it... Throughout the entire time she left, there was this little piece inside of me, the piece that knew alice would come save the day, the kept building pressure until the end of bloodlust, and then it like snapped into place, and I was like, "Ahhh, finally!".
I was actually somewhat afraid near the end there, not that alice had actually abandoned them, but that she had been unable to find any way to save them in time...
I'm glad it didn't happen that way!
but do you have any thoughts on my post?
I've been waiting for someone else to hit this thread since I posted that, and I was really hoping for some feedback...
no worries though.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hmmmm... I'm not really sure where to start here. There are so many places you can go. I guess I can start where everyone else did.
Bella, if there were no Edward ( :? ~sigh~) As I have said before, were there no Edward in Forks, Bella would have fallen in love with Jacob. Most have agreed that he was the "natural" path of her life. From there, there are two possibilities that I see. First, she and Jacob live and love each other until, many moons from now, they die as a happy, old couple with kids and grandkids and great grandkids. I believe that, maybe, Jacob would have imprinted on Bella, as there was no supernatural cause for him not to (I have started to believe that the reason he didn't imprint on Bella was because of Edward--> with the complicated relationship, she wouldn't have made a good candidate to carry on the gene, shifting the imprinting to Renesmee; but that's a topic for another post). So, Bella still gets her happy ending, just not one that is as intensely satisfying as hers with Edward.
But, there is a second possibility that I see. It is possible that Bella was never able to truly be happy with anyone. Edward allowed Bella to get to a place where she was finally happy with herself, finally felt like she was worthy of being loved. Without that, while she might have met and fell in love with Jacob, she wouldn't have been able to be happy with him because she wasn't happy with herself. So, they wouldn't have made it very far.

I've got to take a break. I'll be back with some more guesses later. ;)
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

jazz, thank you for finding this thread, and replying, but you should totally read, the BOTTOM part of my first post, because that was really what i was hoping for feedback on...
If you could then cool, thanks!!
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

You know... this thread is a fantastic idea in theory, the problem is that other threads become speculation during the natural flow of their topics and its hard to separate it out, or stop and bring it to another thread. Just happened in the Q&A thread. And happens constantly in the Character ones.

But, I'm still hopeful this one will catch on because I find this kind of analysis intriguing! Love reading other people takes on things that have no true right answer...
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Nerd »

Lotsa questions! Lol!

I definitely think that Bella would have stayed in Forks, she just probably would have been incredibly apathetic about most it. She moved because she wanted her mom to be able to travel with Phil, and with or without Edward, I think that would have still stood.

I've never really thought about what her relationship with Jake would have been like without Edward there... They just seem so natural for each other, even if they do annoy me a bit. I can definitely see them being together, but I don't know... I love Jake, but he was always a little immature. With age, I'm rather inclined to believe that they would have gone their separate ways. Renesmee was a combination of the right egg and the right sperm, so I don't think there would be much of a pull from her since without Edward, she'd have no chance of existing.

I think she would have been curious about the Cullens, but not as much without Edward. And I really don't think that she would have bonded with Alice too much. Bella became a part of the family BECAUSE of Edward. Without her basically being his one-and-only, there would be no reason for the Cullens to pay any attention to Bella.

As for her shield... We don't know how far it goes. I'm not sure it's something that she can use to de-shield anybody. It might be a gift that can only be used as a protection. I've always seen it as kind a defensive gift rather than offensive. Who knows. That'd be a great question to ask Stephenie: what kind of potential does Bella's power have?
Skank Bale Image Let's roll! | Klutzy Chanteus | Official member of the Dork Squad
Visit here & here DAILY to donate to my city! | Thoughts of a Twi-hard: A Blog of Rants
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

SenorGimp wrote:jazz, thank you for finding this thread, and replying, but you should totally read, the BOTTOM part of my first post, because that was really what i was hoping for feedback on...
If you could then cool, thanks!!
SenorGimp, sorry it took me so long to find you. :) There are just so many great threads that I love to be in on. Anyway, sorry about the last post. I was 16 kinds of out of it and didn't get to everything I wanted to.
As to Bella's shielding or unshielding, I don't think that Bella would go so far as to want to learn to "unshield" others. Bella's gift has always seemed so defensive in nature to me. And, that is in perfect line with her personality. Bella is, much like Edward, a protector. But, she protects by defending, not taking on the fight herself. So, when she takes control of her shield and uses it to protect her family, that is, I think for her, the ultimate form of weapon. I don't think it would even cross her thoughts to turn it into an offensive weapon. We know from her encounters with Jane and Alec and Demetri that she is downright offended by their offensive weapons. And, again, if you look to the examples she has as to what vampires can/should do with their powers, she is surrounded by those who use their gifts to protect those they love. Alice, Edward, even Jasper. Jasper, could, like Alec, use his gift of emotional manipulation to incapacitate attackers. He doesn't. Bella is surrounded by those whose conscience is such that they are never the aggressors. So, she will use her shield to protect them when they need protecting. She might keep working on lifting it to give Edward a glimpse now and then. He seems to really enjoy it. And, that would be extremely useful in certain situations. But, that will be the extent of it.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS