Twilight Speculation thread

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Re: Twilight Speculation thread

Post by SenorGimp »

you mean while in human form?
oh, my mistake, but i could definitely see the sympathy the pack might have for the individual werewolf, and who knows, it might be possible to include an outside werwolf in the pack, if it's properly organized. The pack could be with the werewolf when he changed, and prevent him from going anywhere, and through gradual degrees he could possibly be made to see the routine, see that these are his brothers, eventually being able to break through the bloodlust. I don't know, Bella disproved the year of uncontrollable thirst precedent, so whose to say that werewolves absolutely have to be vicious by their nature. Maybe, like Bella's preparation for her transformation and her desire to be good, a werewolf could be brought to see things consciously while in the form of the wolf, thus ending the danger he presents, and the need for the Volturi to eradicate him, although they probably would anyway, scandalous dogs...
wow, what a scrambled run-on sentence... i love this thread!
We Love Mumford And Sons!
1 of 2 Active Members of Team Gimp
Proud Member of the Gen Y Lexily
http://www.fanfiction.net/~senorgimp
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

Reading everyone's posts leads me to think that there is NO negotiating with werewolves, especially once they have transformed. As pointed out, they rarely have a mind set to travel in packs-they are not organized by nature.

The Pack is still human in their thoughts and understanding which, I think, is why they are capable of the protector mode they live by. Werewolves do not have any capabilities to reason or think human. If my memory serves me, most werewolve mythos have them NOT remembering their human selves when transformed. They are just pure, raw predatory animals with NO regard for human life.

Therefore it is my belief that a physical confrontation would be unavoidable. The Pack would have to fight to protect the human populace.

And as noted in an earlier post, the Pack would win. They are organized and regimented and there 'aint' no stopping that. 8-)
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

nice summary navarre.
i guess that effectively ends that discussion, but the speculation was fun anyway..
umm, okay new question.
What if Edward had never had to save Bella from the van, if Tyler Crowley (wasn't it?) had been paying attention and driving carefully.
would edward have still tried to get to know bella, would bella have had any reason to suspect edward was other than human, etc.?
anxiously awaiting your thoughts
Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3
Official Dog Lover!
Location: Barackling out with Bri and Brits, while making newbieness banners. Also trying out postahol.

Post by Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 »

Question time!

How do you suppose gifted vampires like, Maggie, and Jasper can sense when they're being told a lie or a certain emotion? How do they recieve it? Through a notion..a what?
navarre

Post by navarre »

SenorGimp wrote:nice summary navarre.
i guess that effectively ends that discussion, but the speculation was fun anyway..
umm, okay new question.
What if Edward had never had to save Bella from the van, if Tyler Crowley (wasn't it?) had been paying attention and driving carefully.
would edward have still tried to get to know bella, would bella have had any reason to suspect edward was other than human, etc.?
Hmmm. Yes, I think he would have tried to get to know her. In The Book That Shall Not Be Named, He was already taking that road of fascination with her. He was becoming obssessed in knowing her, her reactions and why Bella was well... Bella.

Knowing the Bella was basically a 'danger magnet' anyway and the fact that in Twilight the chapter 'Port Angeles' still occurs, tells me that he still would have 'revealed' something to make her think he was something more that human. Clear as mud, right? :lol:

If one thing did not occur you can bet something else would have to bring these two together. imo.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

SenorGimp wrote:nice summary navarre.
umm, okay new question.
I think he would have continued to get to know her and be drawn to her and vice versa, but I think the whole process would have slowed way down... she would still be curious as to why Edward didn't go to La Push and she would have gotten the same story from Jacob as before but I think it would have taken a bit longer for the pieces to fall into place.

Until her tendency to attract danger made Edward have to reveal himself in another way :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

to mrs. edward cullen's question:

i would imagine it would be some sort of neurological thing, like for maggie, she felt a certain odd sensation in the brain, a pulse, if you will, but with jasper, i imagine he just focuses on a person's emotions, then he feels those emotions, since we all have the capability to do that, at least with our own emotions, and then he thinks of which emotions he wants them to feel, feels that way himself and projects it onto them... that's got to be hard to do though, to instantly make yourself happy, so that someone else won't be sad, or whatever...
good question.
navarre

Post by navarre »

Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3 wrote:Question time!

How do you suppose gifted vampires like, Maggie, and Jasper can sense when they're being told a lie or a certain emotion? How do they recieve it? Through a notion..a what?
Okay, here I go double posting again, but I truly can not resist Mrs.Edward_Cullen questions nor Senior Gimp for that matter. :D

For Jasper, it is what radiates from others that he is so attuned to. I liken it to a 'scent' that we give off when we lie, feel anger, hurt, sadness, anxiety, so forth. He is hyper-aware of everything that affects others and if it is a positive emotion, he seems to gravitate to it.

Maggie, I just think she is a 'good read' on people, has sound judgment in others. When she became a vampire, again I think it was something akin to a 'flavor' or 'scent' that she is hyper-sensitive to.

The beauty of being a vamp. ;)
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

All of the vampires with quantifiable abilities seem to instantly consider them a sixth sense... or rather a seventh sense, as they already see dead people.

Sorry, that didn't add anything to the conversation.

About Maggie's power, do you think its mental or physical? I'm pretty sure Bella had lied in front of her, but Maggie didn't react to that. She's usually very vocal when she hears a liar.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
SenorGimp
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by SenorGimp »

:lol: :lol:
since they already see dead poeple.
:lol: :lol:
I don't know about your maggie question, but that was priceless!