How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Things having to do with Twilight that are related to the book: fanfic, rpg, products, websites, book clubs, etc.

Moderators: Bronze Haired Girl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jordiemac3
Settled in Forks

Re: How Has Stephenie Meyer inspired you?

Post by Jordiemac3 »

Stephenie inspired me to start writing, alot. I used to just write little short stroy's, but then I would re-read them and change something, but after reading Twilight, I started on one of my story's, and instead of giving up, I would have about a 2 day break in between writing on the story to come up with fresh ideas, and now it's up to 61 pages, and i'm on the sixth chapter. I have also started some other story's, and i keep switching from which onr I write.
We all want an Edward to stay with us forever, but the reality is that no one is an Edward. All guys start out the same, stupid, ignorant, little boys who like to have fun. You have to change them yourselves, or their parnets, but parents these days, on offense, cause their are some really good parents out their, but their are alot of parents who don't carer about what happens to their kids. We need to find a man, and change him into an Edward, cause nobody is an Edward. You accomplish the change, and you have your Edward. Everyone's Edward is different, and we all will come across alot of Edward's in are life, we just have to find our own Edward, not somebody's elses.

-Jordie
inlovewithmyJasper54
Learning to Love Green
Location: Florida - waiting for a Vampire to shine in the sunlight

Post by inlovewithmyJasper54 »

she has inspired me to write as well. I was writing before twilight though, but now I have more of a push. the bad thing is, I cannot take my mind off of twilight to write good enough so I need to wait until I am 101% sure I am dead set on finishing the book so I can focus. :roll: lol
she also inspired me to not settle for the second best. I'm talking about guys btw. haha
Ever since reading twilight - now, I could be crazy but I'm dead set on this theory - I will never let myself date a guy that I only kinda like. I have to really like them and if not, then oh well because I believe there is a true love out there for everyone, even me. I will not give up on that =)
ImageImage
both made by... me! =) <3
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I really don't like romance novel simply because I think they are dull and not the best thing out there. However, I have always been into mythological creatures since the end of seventh grade. Somehow she has managed to bring the best of both worlds together. I will now only read romance novels if they have some sort of myth attached to them, and done properly.
LadyViolet
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LadyViolet »

Stephenie has made me realise how lucky i am to have found my own edward. after i read the books i saw how much my feelings mirrored Bella's and how perfect he is for me. when i read midnight sun (sorry to those who won't i can't help my curiosity but it is still bloody brilliant even unfinished) i saw similarities in Edwards thinking to conversations i'd had with my bf so i will get him to read both that and twilight to show him how wonderful he really is.
I have always read loads since i was little and i still do even though i should probably concentrate on my studies more this year but reading is seriously like a drug to me and it makes me so happy to lose myself in another world and stephenie's world is one in which you can lose yourself time and time again without ever getting bored.
She's also inspired me to start with my writing again. when i was little i wanted to be an author when i grew up but that dream faded when i realised i never actually finished anything. But SM has made me want to give it another go and try my damnedest to get a story done.
Thank you so much Stephenie you are the saving grace of disillusioned girls everywhere.
*Does crazy dance with vampire penguin*
I'm staying!!!
I'm on The List :D
Jess & Rach - Valek's girls ;)
Maggieee
Settled in Forks

Post by Maggieee »

well...

i have always enjoyed writing and i always have a new idea popping into my head to write about.
BUT up until a few months ago (when i purchased my copy of Twilight), i would start writing a story, get really far into it, and then another idea would come into my head and i would stop whatever i was writing and write a whole new story.

it was difficult.

but after reading Twilight, i was inspired to write something that would be this epic story (though i knew i couldn't be HALF the writer as Stephenie) that would be read all over the place.

of course, i am only 15, so it probably wouldn't happen for a few years.
but i like to think that no one ever gives up on something that makes them smile, and three things make me smile.

1. Modeling
2. My man
3. Writing

and i have not given up on either of them yet, and i don't count on it anywhere in the near future.

THANKS STEPHENIE!
'This city is for strangers like the sky is for the stars."
xxxjanebeexxx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxxjanebeexxx »

no
EDWERD SO MUCG
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
HE'S MINE SO BACK OFF
I LOVE HIM AM HIS NUMBA 1 FAN
EDWERDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
HE IS HOT
EDWERD + JANE 4EVA
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
JANE LUVS EDWERD XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

well...Stephenie has really been a role model to me because I mean she has a life and family and still dedicates time to writting... it makes me think that I can be like that too.. I mean write but also be professional and stuff. Since I read Twilight my writting and reading skills have increased very much... which I'm happy for... so yeah that's pretty much it :D
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
Brittany
Settled in Forks

She Inspired Me to Write a Blog

Post by Brittany »

She inspired me to write by blog. Check it out....I write about Twilight and Gossip Girl at www.brittanyandcooper.com/blog

peace, b.
paxton26
Settled in Forks

Post by paxton26 »

She inspired me to start reading again for one thing. Reading has always been a huge passion of mine but before the Twlight series it had been awhile since I'd been into reading. Her books made me remember what I love about reading!!! Second she made me want to write. I love the way she writes, her characters come alive and really seem like real people! I can't read her books without crying at the sad parts, sitting on the edge of my seat during the tense parts, laughing out loud at the funny parts, smiling during the happy parts and feeling all flustered during the steamy parts! I love what the power of the written word can do to people! Simply amazing!
MoonCrazed
Settled in Forks

Post by MoonCrazed »

I've always been a reader. I've always been the nerd with the book in her hand. No problems with the steryotyping. Anyhow, I picked up Twilight before it was a huge sensation. I hate sounding all sappy, but it has been one of the best 10 bucks I've ever spent.
1) I really got into writing. You can still hear me up at 3am typing away. Thanks for that inspiration.
2) I read it in a really difficult time in my life. Not even my a typical-teen angst stage, something I'd really rather not discuss. Not that I wouldn't have survived without Twilight but it sure made thing much more bearable.
3) I've never looked at people in the same way.I'm always trying to compare people's traits to those in the books. in a lot of ways I have become far more observant.
4) The idea that all of this Twilight craze was started by a dream makes my head spin. It makes me incredibly depressed to think that last night I dreamnt about pizza but it also gives me hope that inspiration is out there. I want it and I'm going for it.
Some say love is a choice, some say its a feeling; I say its an ability. You've got to work for it.